Raiders to Season Ticket Holders: “We don’t know where we’re playing this year” (Update: Back to Oakland)

YoloinOhio

I think they would have been better off playing at Sam Boyd Field than sticking around the Bay Area.

Lame duck seasons rarely go well - the AFC West games (sans the Chargers) will sell out with opposing fans occupying most seats.  Their home schedule is brutal this year - games against Detroit, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville will sell terribly.  Add the Chargers to the mix too.  Even the great Russ Brandon wouldn't be able to sell tickets to those games.

For whatever reason, I didn't realize that the Raiders will be hosting Buffalo in Vegas in 2020.

1 minute ago, sfbillsfan said:

Don't forget SBC

Thanks for the reminder. And it's only about 20 years old.

I know there's a territorial rights thing in baseball that allowed the Giants to stop the A's plan to move to San Jose. Doesn't the NFL have something similar? What's to stop a team from moving to "Oracle" permanently when the Raiders move to Vegas?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

They should’ve done like the Chargers and played in the new brand new San Jose soccer stadium.  Put Seats in the open end zone, and boost the capacity a bit. Much better than playing on dirt.

AT&T/Oracle is a pretty damn good baseball fan experience. I imagine it'll work well for football too.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

AT&T/Oracle is a pretty damn good baseball fan experience. I imagine it'll work well for football too.

Yeah, it's a good park but as someone said, there's not much room for tailgating.  People usually just hit the bars in the neighborhood.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I’m really looking forward to a punt being shanked into mccovey cove 

Will you be there in your kayak to retrieve it? 

I bet Josh could toss a ball into the cove! 

On 2/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, sullim4 said:

I think they would have been better off playing at Sam Boyd Field than sticking around the Bay Area.

I agree UNLV stadium holds 40K which is enough for one season and they can get a jump start on their fans.  

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017121/article/raiders-not-expected-to-play-in-san-francisco-in-2019

nope. Not going to play there

They should definitely try and get that first awkward year out of the way and just go play somewhere in Nevada. Maybe Sam Boyd or some college football stadium