Raiders to Season Ticket Holders: “We don’t know where we’re playing this year” (Update: Back to Oakland)

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, The Senator said:

Well that must make pretty hard to sell tickets!

Too bad they tore down San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium and Candlestick Park - especially Candlestick.  It was just recently demolished (2014-2015) and nothing is being done with the land.

I’m thinking the Raiders will wind up at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley.  It holds 63,000, and the UC Golden Bears don’t play there on Sundays.

Isn't the land where Candlestick was a miserable place to put up a stadium due to the frequent windy and damp conditions?     I 'm not surprised there has been no interest in putting something else there given the premium on land in the San Fran area.

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Isn't the land where Candlestick was a miserable place to put up a stadium due to the frequent windy and damp conditions?     I 'm not surprised there has been no interest in putting something else there given the premium on land in the San Fran area.

Yes, it is a miserable place to have a stadium.    People used to wear down coats, caps, and gloves for Giants night games!  (Freakin’ California wimps! ?)

I experienced freezing cold winds and sideways rain at s Sunday night Bills/49ers game.  OTOH, the weather can be quite pleasant for day games.

There was a plan in place to redevelop the site (housing, retail, etc.), But it stalled in 2018.  As of now, the land sits empty.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I'm not a big fan of teams moving, so I hope they either back out of the Las Vegas move, or the do it and it's a colossal failure.

They're already well into the construction of the new stadium, plus any losses from this year will likely be made up pretty quickly in Vegas.

Tucson has even inquired about the Raiders moving there for a year. Arizona Stadium is pretty much a dump - the west side is in dire need of renovation, and I can't see the Cardinals being too happy about it, but they might draw 40K per game. Sunday afternoons in September and October would be a B word though.

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They could probably put themselves up for some sort of bid and a stadium and city that wants a team could rent them for a year

Remember the Alamo Dome!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 hours ago, The Senator said:

Well that must make pretty hard to sell tickets!

Too bad they tore down San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium and Candlestick Park - especially Candlestick.  It was just recently demolished (2014-2015) and nothing is being done with the land.

I’m thinking the Raiders will wind up at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley.  It holds 63,000, and the UC Golden Bears don’t play there on Sundays.

They don't play there on Saturday's either. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed but they will kill it in Vegas.  Games will sell out almost because of visiting team fan bases.  Talk about a great road trip.

I know I'll be making the trip any time the Bills play there.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a little surprising, that the Giants would let the Raiders tear up their field.

The Giants are punting on 2019 already. If they had any playoff aspirations, I'd doubt this would happen. Still ... Raider fans in the park that made sushi and garlic fries the favorite concessions?  Nothing good can come of this ....

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Wait....when did they rename AT&T Park?  :huh:

After baseball season ended. Pac Bell ... AT&T ... Oracle.  I hate this. Just name it Willie Mays Park!

• Like (+1) 1

This has been discussed for a while.  Some don't think SF should support the Raiders.  I'm a little surprised as the Giants have restrictions on the number of non baseball games that can be held every year.  Also, tailgating options are limited.  It's tough knowing the field will be torn up.  The name changed to Oracle in Dec.

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Giants are punting on 2019 already. If they had any playoff aspirations, I'd doubt this would happen. Still ... Raider fans in the park that made sushi and garlic fries the favorite concessions?  Nothing good can come of this ....

After baseball season ended. Pac Bell ... AT&T ... Oracle.  I hate this. Just name it Willie Mays Park!

Don't forget SBC