I miss that Son of a Bum

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think it is common knowledge and often talked about how Wade is a great defensive coordinator. Rex Ryan is mentioned only in regards to his baffoonery.

He gets respect. Way more than he should. 

Wade has experience playing the so called genius---evil empire----hopefully he can mixed it enough to help propel the Rams to victory. Belichick thrives on tendencies & film study. I'd like to see Wade move Darnold around from DT to DE at times.

Wade is a great coordinator, probably one of the best ever. He has shown throughout his career that he can be prepare for almost any challenge (including Brady). He has also shown that he can make in game adjustments if things are not going his way. I think that trait has been improved since his time here. The problem for Wade was when he was head coach here and to some extent the head coach of the Broncos in 1993 and after us in Dallas is that he is a really bad game manager for both sides of the ball. His in game decision making was really slow and he was really poor  playing chess offensively. I do hope he wins again though and defeated BB and Brady would be extra sweet!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

The guy has been on top of the defensive game for a long time but you don't hear him mentioned like you do fat rex and others who are much more vocal

Watching him scheme against Belichick and Brady is gonna be fun. He did it well in Denver.

...never as flashy as Bum in his 10 gallon white hat coaching the Oilers, but a legend....like an old "John Cameron Swayze Timex" that just "keeps on tickin'" at age 71 and STILL on top of his game....sad stain on Bflo lore was 1999 when RW tried to screw him out of his 800 grand with the ".....you resigned...no you fired me" debate.....thankfully arbitrator ruled in Wade's favor and he got paid....he is in the same "remarkable" discussion as Dick LeBeau, another defensive genius who went to age 80.....nothing better than to see Wade get a ring as well as he and LeBeau both make it to the HOF....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

He should still be HC of the Bills

I agree 100%.

Not only is he a great coach, he is hilarious.  I just read this quote about what he was planning on doing re  Brady and the Pats:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

He should still be HC of the Bills

As long as he promises to not sign Ronnie Jones unless he is signing him to manage new BBMB.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I agree 100%.

Not only is he a great coach, he is hilarious.  I just read this quote about what he was planning on doing re  Brady and the Pats:

Wade certainly has not lost his sense of humor.

He could have had added another joke and said he was trying to convince head coach to sign Tony to play backup QB since his season is over.

3 hours ago, Peter said:

I agree 100%.

I was telling a friend at work that the Chiefs D coordinator should have done exactly that. He may still have a job now.

10 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

He still gets a lot of hate for being the one to bench Flutie for Johnson in the 99 WC game even though it's been said by multiple people it wasn't his decision. 

Yeah, it’s well known - or at least believed - that benching Flutie was Ralph’s call.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The coat and hat look good on him.  As far as his tenure in Buffalo is concerned, I guess Ralphie was being somewhat meddlesome at the time.  His line about having a punt catcher instead of a punt returner was one of the long time classics.

i prefer punt receiver