Center longevity

TroutDog

“I paid Kevin Mawae more money than any center ever got paid,” Parcells said. “They killed me in New York for doing that. ‘How could you spend that much money on a center?’ Well, he went to six Pro Bowls with the Jets, and he’s probably going to get in the Hall of Fame. He deserves to be. I knew what I was getting and, to me, he was worth it because that position held me hostage at a couple of my other places. When you have a chance to get one of those, you get one.”

https://theathletic.com/791589/2019/01/30/center-of-attention-what-the-bills-are-looking-for-in-their-next-quarterback-of-the-offensive-line/

On 1/29/2019 at 9:39 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is hard to find good centers. I think the turnover has less to do with injury and more to do with the fact that the good ones are hard to find. The really excellent ones, Mack, Kelce, Unger guys like that, are still going and have long careers. You can find serviceable centers like Russell Bodine anywhere. They simply don't get long contracts and then teams draft a new one. The talented ones stick around because teams commit to them.  

So, the plan should be to try and get a good center in free agency  (Paradis) but if not successful, make it a priority in the draft.