NRC still hates the Pats from when he was a Bill

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That's basically all McBeane have done to this point. 

Created a bunch of unnecessary holes and are just starting to fill them back with their "own" guys. 

Reallt interested to see how this offseason unfolds. They really need an influx of talent after they've decimated the team of it. Big offseason for these two. Hope they do it right.??

Oh scottlaw!

2 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Found this interesting (disappointing)

We all appreciate nrc, but let’s face it, he wasn’t terribly missed...at least not until this tweet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Weren't process guys... now playing in the Super Bowl. Suckers.?

Totally Agree.. Rams likely don't even make the playoffs without those two.. and the Bills would be in the Super Bowl.. Great call!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

That's basically all McBeane have done to this point. 

Created a bunch of unnecessary holes and are just starting to fill them back with their "own" guys. 

Please, do tell, what are all of these "unnecessary holes" they created?  Did they force Incognito's breakdown and Wood's retirement?  Did they not obtain draft capital necessary to go and get their QB by trading Cordy?  Did they not bring in both Poyer and Hyde who are one of the league's best safety tandems?  Did they not draft Matt Milano and Tre White, among others?

There is ONE -- that's right, ONE -- area in which a person could reasonably argue McD and Beane "created" a hole.  Wide receiver.  That's it.  This mantra being repeated by you and others is simply false.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Players need to be in a scheme that amplifies their talents and hides their weaknesses.

It's been said that Nickell Robey-Coleman is a better fit in man-coverage than zone (like we play).  Our coaching staff also puts a premium on tackling from the slot-corner position, and NRC is a little bit undersized.

Don't get me wrong.  I wish that more coaches made the effort to build scheme around players, and not vice-versa.  But at the same time, no coach (even Bill Belichick) is going to cater his defensive system to fit his nickel cornerback.  No doubt that NRC was a good player in Ryan's scheme.  But the new staff was clearly skeptical about whether he could be good enough in theirs.

At least Beane/McDermott are smart enough to realize what pieces are necessary to make this system work.  Unlike Whaley/Ryan who never seemed on the same page, and were always trying to shove square pieces into round holes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Please, do tell, what are all of these "unnecessary holes" they created?  Did they force Incognito's breakdown and Wood's retirement?  Did they not obtain draft capital necessary to go and get their QB by trading Cordy?  Did they not bring in both Poyer and Hyde who are one of the league's best safety tandems?  Did they not draft Matt Milano and Tre White, among others?

There is ONE -- that's right, ONE -- area in which a person could reasonably argue McD and Beane "created" a hole.  Wide receiver.  That's it.  This mantra being repeated by you and others is simply false.

Exactly.... also I am a big fan of Dunne and think he’s a great writer.  But like some fans, he doesn’t seem to dump on McDermott quite a bit.  

6 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s friggin awesome.  He’s playing for all of us on Sunday.  

I'll be rooting for him

2 hours ago, eball said:

I agree... though they did contribute to Incognito's breakdown. Contribute, not create it nor are they the main culprit, Richie is. But to this day I don't get the salary cut to a guy that was THE money player in the run game. If you can't tell they missed him big time this year, I don't know what game you are watching. Ask Shady.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

I'll be rooting for him

I agree... though they did contribute to Incognito's breakdown. Contribute, not create it nor are they the main culprit, Richie is. But to this day I don't get the salary cut to a guy that was THE money player in the run game. If you can't tell they missed him big time this year, I don't know what game you are watching. Ask Shady.

OMG!  People still try to blame the Bills for RI being a lunatic.  The man is completely unstable and was a 35 year old player who had no leverage.  This reminds me of another guy who no matter how crazy he shows he is, people continue to make excuses for him.  The fact that the Bills keep him sane for a few years is a miracle.  He owes the Bills more than they owe him. 

And I love NRC.  Dude is a playmaker and he was a great find (Whaley sucks!).  I have no idea why he is talking about Brady. Not smart!

Edited by C.Biscuit97

5 hours ago, Jobot said:

Totally Agree.. Rams likely don't even make the playoffs without those two.. and the Bills would be in the Super Bowl.. Great call!

Everybody knows the cornerstone to an nfl dynasty is a decent nickel corner and a sure handed WR2/3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Now he’ll look even dumberer when he gets torched sunday.

So he will look dumb playing in the SB.?

9 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

A 5'8" guy trying to cover a zone makes the windows bigger for a QB to hit and is therefore less effective in this scheme we play. He is better suited for a man defense like Wade plays.

Which why Darby was traded also.

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Get the Ring, NRC.  You and Robert...please get the Ring.

Keep "The Precious" away from  Tom "Smeagol" Brady.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jobot said:

Do they play Oline.  I thought it was a WR and CB.  No Wood not Woods would have made a huge difference.?

5 hours ago, eball said:

If you meane they have filled them with better priced guys and younger guys and upgrades in spots yes I agree.  They fix the Oline this offseason and we will have the best team weve had since 99

NRC reminds me of the Happy Days episode where Richie hits a miracle shot at the buzzer to win the basketball game, spends a week acting like he's the man, and then gets torched in the next game.

There is almost zero chance this ends well for NRC.

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

McDermott decimated a top 7 scoring offense. Their offense has been a complete disaster since he's become head coach due to a lot of just plain dumb decisions on his part.

Your making excuses for them.

They created a massive hole by trading Dareus mid season at which teams proceeded to run at will on us the next 3 games without him. They then gave a pretty mediocre player in Star a similar contract 

They didnt NEED to trade Glenn. Incognito and Wood retired in January. They had all offseason to fix that need. 

If you don't think this team is void of talent, specifically offensively then I don't know what to tell you. 

Umm, they inherited an offense lacking anything special in the QB room and one that saw three WRs leave via free agency (Woods, Goodwin, Hogan).  They took a gamble on playing a 5th round pick (Peterman) who was an abject failure -- but let's not forget that pre-draft many considered him the most "NFL-ready" QB out there.  And they went 9-7 and broke the playoff drought!  Anyone with half a brain knew this year would be a step back as they continued to fix the Whaley draft/cap disaster.  They whiffed on Benjamin.  Jury's still out on Zay (but trending upwards).  Allen looks like a stud and they finally put veterans around him.  They found and developed Foster.  Croom has emerged as a potential impact player at TE.  They got Teller a bunch of playing time late last season.  "The offense has been a complete disaster..." -- that's largely a product of QB play, and I bet you didn't know that over the final seven games of last season the offense put up an average of 363 yards and 25 pts/game?

Of course they need to add talent -- that doesn't mean they "created holes."  The roster was pretty bleak when McDermott walked into the building.  He and Beane built the defense and have started on the offense -- the offense has just been a slower project.  You think they could "fix" the OL last offseason?  They had no money!  If anything, McD has been extremely proactive in attempting to fix the offense -- he didn't allow the Dennison experiment to continue and got rid of two coaches (OL and ST) all of us knew needed to go.  I laughed out loud at your Dareus comment.  Did McBeane make mistakes?  Of course!  It's their first time in these positions, in case you forgot.  Of all the players McBeane have let go over the past two years there is only one -- Bobby Woods -- I wish was still in Buffalo.  Dareus is a lost cause, Sammy is still Mr. Boo-Boo Foot, and Hogan is a product of Belichick/Brady.  I guess Goodwin has done well but by the time he left Buffalo nobody thought he could stay healthy either.  Let's talk about Cordy Glenn -- another guy who wasn't able to stay healthy.  By trading him the Bills could go get their QB as well as Edmunds.  Everyone thought Dawkins was capable of manning the LT spot and while he struggled last year he's still a young player with potential.

Those of us who take a long view have seen this as a 3-year project from day one.  This "created holes" nonsense is your typical pessimistic b.s. because you don't personally agree with the decisions they made.  If you view the McBeane era as a "continuation" of the Bills since 2000 you're not very perceptive.  You say you don't take this stuff personally but you are obviously so battered from watching the "bad" Bills you're incapable of stepping back and taking a wider view of what this new regime is trying to accomplish.  Look at the situation this organization is in right now --  a QB who looks and smells like a franchise guy, a sturdy defense, a clearly defined culture, loads of cap space and ten draft picks.  You can't get behind that without saying you need to "wait and see?"  Really?

You enjoy making fun of my "predictions" without realizing that I rarely "predict" anything -- I just look at things from an optimistic perspective until the facts dictate otherwise.  If you look at my posts over the years they follow a pretty predictable pattern...optimistic and hopeful during the offseason and into the regular season, then critical when things go south.  I call that being a fan, and I don't blindly support every decision nor do I "make excuses" for failure.  You're predictable as well -- you parrot the most downtrodden viewpoint at any given moment and claim to be "keeping it real."

By the way, I still remember your prediction of gloom and doom for the Bills by allowing Mike Gillislie to be "stolen" by the Pats*** -- that was gold.

• Like (+1) 1

Robey was much like Searcy. You appreciated what he offered to the team and was a better player then his replacement but he costs a bit too much to justify his worth.  That aside, we wasted money on worse wrt both players.