NRC still hates the Pats from when he was a Bill

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Found this interesting (disappointing)

He replaced him with a lower salary in Leonard Johnson and then even lower in taron Johnson. I really like NRC as a person but from a football/business standpoint I didn’t think it made a difference on the field. 

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He replaced him with a lower salary in Leonard Johnson and then even lower in taron Johnson. I really like NRC as a person but from a football/business standpoint I didn’t think it made a difference on the field. 

Completely agree, liked how he played here but don't think we lost much when he left.  I wished the Rams well even before I knew they were playing NE in the Super Bowl because of him and Robert Woods

• Like (+1) 9

I never really understood why he was let go.

Only thing I can think of is some sort of size preference by McDermott, as I thought he was the type of guy who simply 'buys in' to whatever he's asked to do.

While he isn't exactly big, to say the least, he was rarely out of position, and often close to making a play on the football. (Ints)

Imho, he's an unnecessary victim of 'cleaning house' as far as the Bills go.

Fortunately, one of McDermott's (and Beane's) strengths, is finding DBs he can coach up, so NRC's loss, hasn't hurt us, but I still find it a somewhat bemusing decision.

Edited by Buddo
Typo.

18 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I never really understood why he was let go.

Only thing I can think of is some sort of size preference by McDermott, as I thought he was the type of guy who simply 'buys in' to whatever he's asked to do.

While he isn't exactly big, to say the least, he was rarely out of position, and often close to making a play on the football. (Ints)

Imho, he's an unnecessary victim of 'cleaning house' as far as the Bills go.

ortunately, one of McDermott's (and Beane's) strengths, is finding DBs he can coach up, so NRC's loss, hasn't hurt us, but I still find it a somewhat bemusing decision.

I do think it was his lack of size/speed. Nothing to do with Process/not buying in -( no indication of that anyway) He was a Playmaker in Rex’s D in terms of turnovers but also wasn’t effective in spots. He’s a great guy for sure but replaceable in the new scheme. Wade runs a different defense than McDermott. NRC  often looks like he can’t cover good WR without committing PI (he won’t get  away with that vs Edelman). I hope he does though! 

I don’t think Bills fans should look at as an emotional decision - he’s a likable player but it’s a business. I will be rooting for him on Sunday!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It might not have made much difference, but IMO it's an example of creating a hole where there didn't need to be one, then needing to sign and draft guys to fill it.

If Leonard Johnson were just the same as NRC only cheaper, does it really make sense he's on his 6th NFL team since 2015?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It might not have made much difference, but IMO it's an example of creating a hole where there didn't need to be one, then needing to sign and draft guys to fill it.

If Leonard Johnson were just the same as NRC only cheaper, does it really make sense he's on his 6th NFL team since 2015?

I don’t think he saw him as a great scheme fit, I anticipated he would be replaced. As a UDFA I think he’s done well for himself. It was actually Marrone who recommended the signing. He had played usc while coaching at Syracuse and noticed him. 

Really liked NRC while he was a Bill and hope the Rams knock off the Pats*** Sunday, but is anyone really arguing he would have been a difference maker on the D the Bills have trotted out the past two seasons (whose strength has been their secondary) and calling out McD for making a "mistake?"

Come on, people.  There's plenty to question McD about (Peterman, Peterman, Peterman) without just looking for stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Completely agree, liked how he played here but don't think we lost much when he left.  I wished the Rams well even before I knew they were playing NE in the Super Bowl because of him and Robert Woods

I'm rooting for Wade Phillips.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly. Similar production at a smaller price tag. Excellent move. Robey-Coleman is awesome, but both him and the Bills have moved on.

5 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I would love to see Nickell on a corner blitz cause a sack/fumble in a big spot. Also Woods with a big day. 

They're going to need Donald to have a big day. 

I still root for Woods every time I watch him since he left the Bills. He always stepped up and played well with limited targets and was a selfless blocker.

There are some former Bills I root to fail and some, like Woods and Robey-Coleman, that I love to see succeed.

• Like (+1) 3