To help you people out...the THIRD (incestuous Omar) idiot woman the Democrats sent to the House....

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're omitting where she said it and to whom - while also changing what she said. 

She was address CAIR - who is Hamas, an enemy of this country with blood on its hands. This isn't about "all Muslims" - it's about a sitting US Congresswoman who has pushed nothing but propaganda for Hamas since she stepped into office. You may find that acceptable, but most Americans do not find it acceptable that a Congresswoman (on the Foreign Affairs Committee) is so chummy with an enemy of this country which has killed hundreds of American soldiers and thousands (if not tens of thousands) of Muslims. 

I totally agree with what you're saying. If you've done your homework, you know she's a scumbag. But for people just reading headlines and the basic story that's reported on so many sites (most people), this comes off as being super petty.

I haven't read the New York times article, so I can't speak to it's content. Does it go in depth? Does it mention anything you just did? Or is it just a puff piece? This is the problem with the media and why so many people are turned off and not even seeking out the truth. Both sides just huffing and puffing.

I mean, read this: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-post-ilhan-omar-911-attacks

What conclusions would you make without having any prior knowledge about CAIR? From Fox News, who you'd think would have some incentive to add some background information to put this under the correct light. From my perspective, they're doing more good for the left. It's silly. They come off as just catering to readers who hate Muslims. The same way a CNN article may come off as just catering to readers who hate conservative Christians.

This frivolous back-and-forth between news outlets is so off-putting and the dialogue it creates is so distracting.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Justice Democrats / Young Turk owned stooges - saying crazy things as usual.

"It's racist!"

Another dumb and ugly democrat, these democrats look like MAD magazine

drawings come to life.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I totally agree with what you're saying. If you've done your homework, you know she's a scumbag. But for people just reading headlines and the basic story that's reported on so many sites (most people), this comes off as being super petty.

I haven't read the New York times article, so I can't speak to it's content. Does it go in depth? Does it mention anything you just did? Or is it just a puff piece? This is the problem with the media and why so many people are turned off and not even seeking out the truth. Both sides just huffing and puffing.

I think you'll find my views on the media aligning with what you said here. I know you don't post down here much, so first off welcome and here's to having a good discussion even if we don't agree on everything :beer: 

I haven't read the article, just the headline (which is pretty much always the best part of the Post, they go for spectacle with their covers as I'm sure you know). I'm big into becoming your own expert, rather than relying on others in the media who pose as authorities - that means I tend to read stuff from all over the political spectrum and go on a story-by-story basis in terms of deciding which news is beneficial and which is just propaganda/partisan. The Post is partisan, without question. 

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I mean, read this: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-post-ilhan-omar-911-attacks

What conclusions would you make without having any prior knowledge about CAIR? From Fox News, who you'd think would have some incentive to add some background information to put this under the correct light. From my perspective, they're doing more good for the left. It's silly. They come off as just catering to readers who hate Muslims. The same way a CNN article may come off as just catering to readers who hate conservative Christians.

This frivolous back-and-forth between news outlets is so off-putting and the dialogue it creates is so distracting.

Fox is just as compromised as CNN/MSNBC and other outlets. Same coin, different side. Like with those other networks/sources, you can find good journalism on Fox if you dig long enough - but they definitely put their thumbs on the scale. 

I agree completely the cacophony created by the dueling news cycles is distracting and divisive. I would argue (and have for the past several years) that this is by design. We are in a (dis)information war, and the establishment media is a big part of that. The goal is to keep us divided and fighting one another rather than looking for real solutions or real truth.

Identity politics as a whole is a big tool in this fight. The leaders who push identity politics (who are largely white) don't really care about race. They just know that it's a topic that can cause division/distraction/fighting among the "plebs" at the bottom of the pyramid. They push identity politics to subvert western civilization, that's the goal. They want to undercut western civilization by attacking the culture - and using skin color/gender/sexual preference as a way to shame us all into accepting it. 

So, I agree that the media plays its part to perfection on that front.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Her comment was basically: A group of radicals did something and the rest are paying a price for it.

With that sentiment alone, I would have no issue.

Hating all Muslims because of 9/11 is like hating all whites because of slavery is like hating all Germans because of Nazis is like hating all Canadians because they ruin bacon is like hating the Dutch because they're Dutch....

People are so basic.

She plays the race car even though it doesn't apply.

16 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Another dumb and ugly democrat, these democrats look like MAD magazine

drawings come to life.

They really are the gift that keeps giving. Normally people like her and Omar wouldn't get so much support, but the Donner Party is a complete schittshow right now and the only message they have, beyond #orangemanbad, is what comes out of the pieholes of Omar, Tlaib and AOC.

Donate to their campaigns early and often. Keep them elevated. They're the best thing to happen to the GOP since Hillary realized she can't navigate a flight of stairs.

12 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

This should get Joe's blood pumping...

She is what she is. A Muslim. Whether or not you agree, this is how the average Muslim thinks. Check the pew poll of a few years back. 

She just doesn't belong here, never should have been given asylum, and ought to have it revoked.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Her comment was basically: A group of radicals did something and the rest are paying a price for it.

With that sentiment alone, I would have no issue.

Hating all Muslims because of 9/11 is like hating all whites because of slavery is like hating all Germans because of Nazis is like hating all Canadians because they ruin bacon is like hating the Dutch because they're Dutch....

People are so basic.

She should choose her words more carefully.  It's probably not a good idea as a member of the US Congress to appear to minimize 9/11 by saying "CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties."

The problem with continuing to give the person the benefit of the doubt is they'll eventually say something that's indefensible and make you look like an idiot.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The hypocrisy of the left is breathtaking. We’re supposed to believe that everyone hates all Muslims, and that apparently everyone in Charlottesville is a nazi.

As someone who was educated in Blacksburg, I can confirm that everyone in Charlottesville is a nazi. :P

Except for the vineyard owners. Those are some mighty fine people doing great work.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As someone who was educated in Blacksburg, I can confirm that everyone in Charlottesville is a nazi. :P

Except for the vineyard owners. Those are some mighty fine people doing great work.

Ya see! I knew there were some good people there. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

She should choose her words more carefully.  It's probably not a good idea as a member of the US Congress to appear to minimize 9/11 by saying "CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties."

The problem with continuing to give the person the benefit of the doubt is they'll eventually say something that's indefensible and make you look like an idiot.

Except most on the progressive left don't consider what she said as indefensible and stupid. It's long been understood that the progressive left in America believes our country got what it deserved on 9/11. She's voicing this, and some will cower, but others will be emboldened, as you already see people stepping up to defend her.

There's more to this than just a new member of congress needing to choose her words more carefully. She knows what she's doing, and the left knows what she's doing, as was clearly pointed out when they passed that moronic hate resolution that protected her in the first place.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Except most on the progressive left don't consider what she said as indefensible and stupid. It's long been understood that the progressive left in America believes our country got what it deserved on 9/11. She's voicing this, and some will cower, but others will be emboldened, as you already see people stepping up to defend her.

There's more to this than just a new member of congress needing to choose her words more carefully. She knows what she's doing, and the left knows what she's doing, as was clearly pointed out when they passed that moronic hate resolution that protected her in the first place.

That's a pretty blanket statement as I would argue it's just a small fraction on the progressive left that feel that way.  I don't know enough about Omar to say whether she applauded 9/11 or just used it to her political advantage to push back against perceived Muslim bigotry.  Agree to disagree I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a pretty blanket statement as I would argue it's just a small fraction on the progressive left that feel that way.  I don't know enough about Omar to say whether she applauded 9/11 or just used it to her political advantage to push back against perceived Muslim bigotry.  Agree to disagree I guess.

Somewhere around here is a clip of Omar being interviewed about 5 years ago where it was obvious when Al Qaeda's name was brought up she puffed up with pride. I'll try to find it but it's pretty obvious and disgusting.

Edit: It's on this page.

Edited by 3rdnlng

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My Prime Minister Chrétien/Cretin went on a speech about America’s arrogance being a main cause, about a week after it happened.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

My Prime Minister Chrétien/Cretin went on a speech about America’s arrogance being a main cause, about a week after it happened.

There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence.  There is no line between wimpiness and being America's hat.  

• Haha (+1) 1