To help you people out...the THIRD (incestuous Omar) idiot woman the Democrats sent to the House....

56 minutes ago, TPS said:

Since you have trouble interpreting...

from the article:

“I am an Israeli Jew. Yet I oppose all anti-BDS legislation, and I support nonviolent boycotts, pressure to divest and sanctions to push Israel to cease its regime of state violence and inequality against the Palestinian people. That does not make me anti-Israel, nor an anti-Semite. In fact, I believe that equality and human rights for Palestinians would safeguard the interests of actual real Israelis on the ground much better than current U.S. policy toward Israel’s occupation does. American lawmakers who try to punish other Americans for supporting a Palestinian-led resistance to Israeli oppression manage to scapegoat both Jews and Palestinians, who should not be told how to resist their own oppression.”

and his point:

“This is exactly the problem.

Politicians claim to be speaking on behalf of Israelis because they get support from the Israeli right, led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and its proxies in the United States. Netanyahu helped turn Israel into a wedge issue during the Obama administration, when he all but endorsed Mitt Romney for president and addressed Congress in direct opposition to Obama’s Iran deal. AIPAC, whose ostensible mission is to “strengthen, protect and promote the U.S.-Israel relationship in ways that enhance the security” of both nations, by definition makes Israel exceptional. Its lobbying has ensured that Israel receives more foreign aid than any other country and that it remains the strongest military power in the Middle East. But it does so by bolstering the lawmakers that toe that line and ruining the careers of those that don’t.”

The Israeli left, not just Americans, oppose the brutal policies of Netanyahu ‘s hard right government: Forcibly taking Palestinian land for Israeli settlers and repression of Gaza.

criticizing Israeli policies and criticizing aipac’s influence is not anti Semitic. 

So, a self-loathing Jew writes an opinion piece that criticizes a government policy which has pretty effectively stopped Palestinian Arab bus bombings and the like, and that somehow makes his individual opinion that supporting BDS isn't anti-semitic in nature the gospel truth?

Sorry, not buying it.

23 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So, a self-loathing Jew writes an opinion piece that criticizes a government policy which has pretty effectively stopped Palestinian Arab bus bombings and the like, and that somehow makes his individual opinion that supporting BDS isn't anti-semitic in nature the gospel truth?

Sorry, not buying it.

The problem the left is running into is that fewer people are falling for the "one size fits all" faith adjustment.

You can find a Catholic who will defend abortions and bless abortion clinics.

You can find a Christian who will marry homosexuals.

You can find Jews who hate Israel.

To the left, these aren't outliers. They're simply the proof you need that even Catholics, Christians and Jews agree that all three suck.

Of course, to the left, Elizabeth Warren is an indian and Kamala Harris is black, so who knows what pinballs are rattling around in those echo chambers they call a skull.

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The problem the left is running into is that fewer people are falling for the "one size fits all" faith adjustment.

You can find a Catholic who will defend abortions and bless abortion clinics.

You can find a Christian who will marry homosexuals.

You can find Jews who hate Israel.

To the left, these aren't outliers. They're simply the proof you need that even Catholics, Christians and Jews agree that all three suck.

Of course, to the left, Elizabeth Warren is an indian and Kamala Harris is black, so who knows what pinballs are rattling around in those echo chambers they call a skull.

Excellent point.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Sorry, not buying it.

I almost added that, someone would call this guy a self-hating Jew.  Do you guys realize there's more than one political party in Israel?

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

I almost added that, someone would call this guy a self-hating Jew.  Do you guys realize there's more than one political party in Israel?

Yes, one that cares about the future of the Jewish state and a whole bunch of them that don't.

14 minutes ago, TPS said:

There are a lot of political parties, including healthy representation from Arabs, which makes Israel a vibrant democracy that argues its problems in the political arena, instead of strapping its youth in bombs.  Yet, you think that the right solution is to listen to people who prefer to strap explosives to its youth.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

You mysteriously left out the passage where he specifically excuses Omar's history of outright antisemitism because others do it.

You know what else is interesting about the article?  That it was penned by an Israeli.  Now, care to link a similar article from a free press Gaza publication from a Palestinian advocating a peaceful tone towards Israel?

I'll wait.   

Like most on the right, you want to lump all Palestinians (and Israelis) into a simple caricature. Palestinians and Israelis wanting a peaceful solution were a majority just 2 years ago, and there is still a significant (40-50%) in favor.  As Israel continues to forcibly take more land for their settlers, I wonder why this number is dropping...?

15 minutes ago, TPS said:

Like most on the right, you want to lump all Palestinians (and Israelis) into a simple caricature. Palestinians and Israelis wanting a peaceful solution were a majority just 2 years ago, and there is still a significant (40-50%) in favor.  As Israel continues to forcibly take more land for their settlers, I wonder why this number is dropping...?

I'm not interested in what people say. I'm interested in what they do.

17 minutes ago, TPS said:

If that is the case, where are the moderate Palestinian voices?  Where is the peaceful Palestinian solution, other than stating that they want all of Israel?

43 minutes ago, GG said:

If that is the case, where are the moderate Palestinian voices?  Where is the peaceful Palestinian solution, other than stating that they want all of Israel?

Read some polls instead of whatever biased media you currently read.  A UN report stated Gaza could be uninhabitable by 2020 due to the Blockade. 65% of the population in Gaza is under 25, and they've known nothing but the blockade for most of their lives. Many of these people want to get on with their lives, and while Palestinian Politics have been dominated by two parties, there is an effort to counter that.  

Btw, care to provide a link to where the Palestinians currently state "they want all of Israel"?

Edited by TPS

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Read some polls instead of whatever biased media you currently read.  A UN report stated Gaza could be uninhabitable by 2020 due to the Blockade. 65% of the population in Gaza is under 25, and they've known nothing but the blockade for most of their lives. Many of these people want to get on with their lives, and while Palestinian Politics have been dominated by two parties, there is an effort to counter that.  

Btw, care to provide a link to where the Palestinians currently state "they want all of Israel"?

These are the leaders of a territory they've owned since 2005, yet are perfectly willing to sacrifice their young for a quixotic quest.  So, tell me exactly what these words mean and how the stance has softened?   Why aren't Palestinians making the same case against the Hashemite Kingdom, where there are a hell of a lot more of them still living in refugee camps for over 50 years?  What's the difference, if the only argument is for a piece of land, as opposed to harboring anger at another religion?

The Palestinian Islamist group Hamas on Monday dropped its longstanding call for Israel’s destruction, but said it still rejected the country’s right to exist and backs “armed struggle” against it.

1 hour ago, GG said:

These are the leaders of a territory they've owned since 2005, yet are perfectly willing to sacrifice their young for a quixotic quest.  So, tell me exactly what these words mean and how the stance has softened?   Why aren't Palestinians making the same case against the Hashemite Kingdom, where there are a hell of a lot more of them still living in refugee camps for over 50 years?  What's the difference, if the only argument is for a piece of land, as opposed to harboring anger at another religion?

All Palestinians are terrorists but not all terrorists are Palestinians. 

Edited by The_Dude

15 hours ago, GG said:

As I stated, two years ago a majority (of Israelis and Palestinians) wanted a peaceful solution, which means ALL Palestinians are not Hamas. 

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2016/0822/Poll-Majority-of-Israelis-Palestinians-want-peaceful-solution

with trump's support of making Jerusalem the capital of Israel and the continued stealing of Palestinian land by settlers, these numbers are now in the 40-50% range.

the policy of Netanyahu's hardline government is making the situation more difficult, which is why you can find a significant number of "self-loathing" Israelis like the author of the editorial I linked to.

It's always nice when I find myself in agreement with libertarians...

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/18/the-first-rule-of-aipac-is-you-do-not-talk-about-aipac/

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/farrakhan-praises-omar-anti-semitic-215742918.html

Muslims HATE America. They hate freedom. They hate us. They are not us. They are not Americans. They will never be Americans. 

He's saying the same thing that many others are saying in her support, the truth about aipac's outsized influence on American politics.

26 minutes ago, TPS said:

It's always nice when I find myself in agreement with libertarians...

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/18/the-first-rule-of-aipac-is-you-do-not-talk-about-aipac/

He's saying the same thing that many others are saying in her support, the truth about aipac's outsized influence on American politics.

First, he’s not just “saying.” He encompasses everything islam is which is everything that makes it reprehensible. 

Second, there are rational arguments to be made about Israel’s influence on the United States. I am in agreement there. But the Jews coexist. The Jews don’t look to rape, pillage and plunder other people’s. So, in that region we have but one friend, and only one. 

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/02/20/rule-of-the-rabbis-fuels-holy-war-in-israel/

this is a depressing piece related to the Israeli-Palestinian solution, or not most likely. The current election will determine if it's delayed or not. The moderate wings in Israel have joined forces to take on Netanyahu, saying they will split the PM position if they win. Netanyahu's response was to join forces with an extremist, right-wing group (like asking the kkk to join your ticket), and even aipac has criticized him. Christian zealots in the US are probably throwing end of the world parties preparing for the rapture...

23 hours ago, TPS said:

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/02/20/rule-of-the-rabbis-fuels-holy-war-in-israel/

this is a depressing piece related to the Israeli-Palestinian solution, or not most likely. The current election will determine if it's delayed or not. The moderate wings in Israel have joined forces to take on Netanyahu, saying they will split the PM position if they win. Netanyahu's response was to join forces with an extremist, right-wing group (like asking the kkk to join your ticket), and even aipac has criticized him. Christian zealots in the US are probably throwing end of the world parties preparing for the rapture...

A quick perusal of the other article titles tell me all I need to know about consortium news. Trash.

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

A quick perusal of the other article titles tell me all I need to know about consortium news. Trash.

I’ll make sure to only post from sources you trust then, like Breitbart...

Now it's posted on my Libertarian site, so will you change your mind now?

https://original.antiwar.com/cook/2019/02/22/how-the-rule-of-the-rabbis-is-fueling-a-holy-war-in-israel/

Edited by TPS