Jim Kelly wants to sit down with Josh Allen...

LabattBlue

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

BN: What do you think of Josh Allen?

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

I know the nerve of Kelly trying to act like he knows what he is talking about.  Dude acts like hes was a HOF NFL QB or something.  Hopefully JA doesnt listen to him.  JA really needs to track down Jeff Tuel or Trent Edwards for advice on what he needs to do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Jim Kelly called his own plays in the fastest pace no huddle offense that I have ever seen. He broke down the defense and called his own plays that were usually the perfect offensive play call. The knowledge that Kelly could give Allen would be invaluable. Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Daryl Tally and  Andre Reed are fans of the Bills and want them to do well. I would say if any of these guys wanted to help out that they should have a green light to do so

Kelly also had an offense with 4 HOF'ers and I think 10 players that made the pro bowl. Let's get Allen some talent around him and he'll be just fine.

That should be up to the coaching staff.

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

Uuhhh... you do know most humans have on avg 23 different conversations a day right? And thats just the avg taking into account some people are in exhile or solitary and some are telemarketers.  Id venture to guess professional football players often have conversations about... yep, you guessed it - football!!

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

What is wrong with Kelly, a Hall of Famer, sharing insight with a young man who is trying to navigate what he has already done successfully?  Where I'm from we call that Mentorship.   Same as Bruce Smith mentoring Miles Garrett, or other people who are experienced in various industries taking less experienced people under their wing.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the OP has a point. All due respect to Jim, the game he is trying to give Allen advice on is not the same. It’s not even close. Maybe it doesn’t do any harm per say but why are we reading about this.....AGAIN? We know Jim loves football and Buffalo and we love him. But I get where the original poster is coming from. This is like the 3rd-4th straight QB Jim “needed” to speak with. Its a bit undermining to leadership even if the staff would never say it. Its a bit “keep me in the spotlight” even if Bills fans wouldn’t like to say it. If this wasn’t the case why doesn’t Jim privately schedule his conversation? Why do I always hear about his need to speak with our QB’s in the media first. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I don't care if Kelly wants to talk to him, but why is this in the news. Can't the old guard just go about their business quietly. 

Yes, why bother with people who made it work, far better to stay in the muck of 20 years of high suckitude

Maybe bring in Flutie so Allen can be instructed in failure and unending self-pity

11 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I've been saying (and getting flamed for it) for years how sick I am of Kelly, Reed and Thomas being around the team.  They had their chance to be champions and they blew it in historical fashion.  Let the current players/coaches do their things and go find a hobby.

Unless the HC approaches Kelly and asks him to speak to Josh Allen, then Kelly should mind his own business and stay out of Allen's ear.

I'm sure he means well, but he needs to go dance on his own pole and let the CURRENT Bills do their jobs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1