Jim Kelly wants to sit down with Josh Allen...

LabattBlue

Kelly took some heat early on from Rob Riddick for always looking downfield and ignoring checkdowns to the RBs etc. It wasn't until Thurman got here that he seemed to listen to that advice. Josh does that too. Not even going to begin to think that's what Kelly is going to talk to him about, but it's something I noticed about the two QBs that was similar at this stage of their careers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

BN: What do you think of Josh Allen?

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

OK...I disagree...we saw how much he improved once they got Anderson and Barkley there to mentor him...why would you not want Kelly mentoring him who is a HOF QB instead of 2 journeymen?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I understand you’re point, but one conversation isn’t going to kill JA.  It’s not that he won’t let it go, he just wants a Bills winner.  I believe he has his best interests at heart.

Its not as if Allen hasn’t been given advice from others.  It’s also not like Kelly is trying to coach him or have multiple conversations with him.

Exactly. Christ if we sat down bar next to Josh we all give him advice. Coming from HOF quarterback can't be bad. I say the more advice he gets from people like that the better. He smart enough to know what will work for him and what won't.

37 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I've never played NFL QB, but i imagine it's like most things in life where you listen/digest hundreds of hours of "how it should be done" and then you go out and get your own hours of "how it is done." Listening to Kelly is just part of the process and it will help Allen. 

It's beyond me why anyone would think Josh having a conversation with Jim would be a bad thing. It's not like Jim is lobbying for a coaching position. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Kelly took some heat early on from Rob Riddick for always looking downfield and ignoring checkdowns to the RBs etc. It wasn't until Thurman got here that he seemed to listen to that advice. Josh does that too. Not even going to begin to think that's what Kelly is going to talk to him about, but it's something I noticed about the two QBs that was similar at this stage of their careers.

good post !

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

It's beyond me why anyone would think Josh having a conversation with Jim would be a bad thing. It's not like Jim is lobbying for a coaching position. 

I think the point was that getting advice and pointers from too many angles might overwhelm the Kid.
seem the response here has been that Josh can handle the  task.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

You’re overreacting.  JK is not looking to mess the kid up he just wants to offer some insights.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I understand you’re point, but one conversation isn’t going to kill JA.  It’s not that he won’t let it go, he just wants a Bills winner.  I believe he has his best interests at heart.

Its not as if Allen hasn’t been given advice from others.  It’s also not like Kelly is trying to coach him or have multiple conversations with him.

This.  Josh will take what Kelly tells him back to Jordan Palmer and David Culley and let them react to it.  If they agree, it will be incorporated into the coaching that he's already receiving.

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well......maybe if you lean that way......

It wasn’t MY first thought. 

24 minutes ago, The Drought said:

But now you can't stop thinking about it.

It’s pretty apparent the The Drought just gets people. 

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

This.  Josh will take what Kelly tells him back to Jordan Palmer and David Culley and let them react to it.  If they agree, it will be incorporated into the coaching that he's already receiving.

I really doubt it's that serious. That actually would be a problem. Hey, Jim told me to do this? Should I listen to him? What aspects were good? What aspects should I toss? I feel like this is getting jussssst a bit overblown.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jim Kelly gives you relationship advice... maybe you pass...

Jim Kelly wants to give you football advice... you show up with a hard on and a notebook 

:blush: Maybe... Just a notebook.

Hell, if he can spend two weeks with Jordan Palmer, -He can at least have a conversation with #12.

Edited by #34fan

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

If talking to a HOF Qb, who was at the helm of one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the game, who knows as much about pressure in the big game as any many alive, who has tasted incredible success and the crushing sting of defeat, who likely has gained perspective on the relative importance of football v. life is going to ruin JA, well then JA is no JK.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1