Jim Kelly wants to sit down with Josh Allen...

LabattBlue

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jim Kelly gives you relationship advice... maybe you pass...

Jim Kelly wants to give you football advice... you show up with a hard on and a notebook 

What is the hard on for ?

• Haha (+1) 4

I've never played NFL QB, but i imagine it's like most things in life where you listen/digest hundreds of hours of "how it should be done" and then you go out and get your own hours of "how it is done." Listening to Kelly is just part of the process and it will help Allen. 

• Like (+1) 5

I have all the respect in the world for Jim, but he needs to let it go.  There are coaches telling Allen what to do.  Kelly is not on the coaching staff and should keep his mouth shut.  This is not the Jim Kelly show.  I appreciate the enthusiasm coming from him and it's probably a good idea they meet and chat about Buffalo, handling the media, etc., but Jim needs to know his place.  It seems like his arrogance gets in the way of him knowing where to draw the line.

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

BN: What do you think of Josh Allen?

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

I play drums, and I know what to take and release from all the "pros". I always enjoy talking craft. When I was younger I was a sieve, but still new my game. Always, always, always, take on advice from the ones that did it better!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Eh, I’m not worried about it. Kelly is a hall of fame QB. I don’t really see where getting some advise from him will hurt. It’s not like Allen will be taking coaching from Kelly on a daily basis that contradicts what the Bills coaches are saying.

It sounds to me like Kelly wants to just sit down with him and give him some pointers. 

I say that it’s probably a good thing. 

I doubt Josh Allen is going to go against what the Bills coaches are telling him to do and will probably bring whatever tips Kelly gives him to the coaching staff. 

I am actually happy to see Kelly taking an interest in Josh Allen. 

This how i see it as well.
 jim is likely to talk about Buffalo and the Fans and the city , with his pointers : ) He is such a homer  lol
and I see the OPs point , i feel in this case it appears a positive.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

BN: What do you think of Josh Allen?

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

FWIW, my experience both as a teacher myself and with my kid, is that usually people who are experts in their field tell you the same thing -

- but sometimes when one person says it, they say it in a different way that makes more sense.

• Like (+1) 8

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW, my experience both as a teacher myself and with my kid, is that usually people who are experts in their field tell you the same thing -

- but sometimes when one person says it, they say it in a different way that makes more sense.

every one hears differently. we all learn differently to some degrees.
 Kelly represents Buffalo and Buffalo Bills i think.He lives it.
he has earned respect a plenty on both counts. I think he can take a bit of liberty here. Josh knows whats what. 

Maybe it is a simple as 

"Hey Kid ! Stop that crap with  you nearly getting your self killed when you run. Think long term !   wanna  see all my back and neck scars? they are really cool : )

and maybe it is about setting his feet or how he scans the defense post snap 

: )

7 minutes ago, Sanners said:

I play drums, and I know what to take and release from all the "pros". I always enjoy talking craft. When I was younger I was a sieve, but still new my game. Always, always, always, take on advice from the ones that did it better!

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes! Well said gentlemen. 

Josh won't break if he talks to someone about his craft, don't worry.

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's always that one person that says it in just the right way that it clicks. Under no circumstances is this a bad thing. Either Kelly will give him something that clicks or it'll be a cordial visit between a past and present QB.

You really think a one "sitdown" is going to cause this kid to go into overdrive and become a robot or something? Asinine.

Jim Kelly called his own plays in the fastest pace no huddle offense that I have ever seen. He broke down the defense and called his own plays that were usually the perfect offensive play call. The knowledge that Kelly could give Allen would be invaluable. Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Daryl Tally and  Andre Reed are fans of the Bills and want them to do well. I would say if any of these guys wanted to help out that they should have a green light to do so. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I sometimes cringe when our greats of yesteryear opine or are seemingly too involved>  This feels a little different.  

When one of the great leaders at his position says this:   I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I go find out what he says he saw.  Sometimes it's those moments of something said just the right way or shown in just the right light - that can make the biggest difference.