Jim Kelly wants to sit down with Josh Allen...

LabattBlue

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

BN: What do you think of Josh Allen?

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I have a lot of respect for Kelly and his cancer battle, but I really don't need him telling Josh Allen all of the things in Kelly's mind, that he is doing wrong.  I might feel different if Allen sought him out for advice, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The guy can't seem to let go.

Allen will end up being a head case.  He has coaches telling him what to do, Palmer telling him what to do & now Kelly wants to tell him what he needs to do.

JK: I think he’s the real deal. He needs the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator to get in his mind. I have already talked to him and told him we need to sit down this offseason. ... I need to tell him some things that I saw that he was not doing that he needs to make sure are instilled in his mind, that I don't know if he's been told.

I never want to tramp on anybody's feet right, but we'll sit down, I'll go over some things with him. (Kelly said he intends to give the specifics to Allen rather than making them public.)

I'm excited about him because his personality is what you need in Buffalo. He's a hardworking SOB. It’s everything I love to see, but he can't do it alone.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

Jimbo is HOF.  I think he would know more about QB than 90% of the entire NFL coaching world.  If I was JA, I would show up with a notepad.

• Like (+1) 26
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I understand you’re point, but one conversation isn’t going to kill JA.  It’s not that he won’t let it go, he just wants a Bills winner.  I believe he has his best interests at heart.

Its not as if Allen hasn’t been given advice from others.  It’s also not like Kelly is trying to coach him or have multiple conversations with him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Lol what do you know? 

Josh is young and needs alot of guidance.

You act like Jim Kelly has some ulterior motives and will somehow mess Josh Allen up. Its a really dumb take btw

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

Nothing wrong with listening to Jim Kelly.  After all, he may know a thing or two.  I hear he went to four super bowls in a row.  

Even if he gives him bad advice, JA isn't going to just blindly follow whatever Kelly says.  JA has a brain too

• Like (+1) 4

Eh, I’m not worried about it. Kelly is a hall of fame QB. I don’t really see where getting some advise from him will hurt. It’s not like Allen will be taking coaching from Kelly on a daily basis that contradicts what the Bills coaches are saying.

It sounds to me like Kelly wants to just sit down with him and give him some pointers. 

I say that it’s probably a good thing. 

I doubt Josh Allen is going to go against what the Bills coaches are telling him to do and will probably bring whatever tips Kelly gives him to the coaching staff. 

I am actually happy to see Kelly taking an interest in Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I understand you’re point, but one conversation isn’t going to kill JA.  It’s not that he won’t let it go, he just wants a Bills winner.  I believe he has his best interests at heart.

Its not as if Allen hasn’t been given advice from others.  It’s also not like Kelly is trying to coach him or have multiple conversations with him.

i agree

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

i see your point but if coach is ok with it then it can't hurt.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i see your point but if coach is ok with it then it can't hurt.

If McD is okay with it, I guess I would lessen my stance, but as a HC I doubt he would make his true feelings known...especially if he isn't in favor of it.

It would be nice if Kelly reinforced some things others have conveyed to Allen.  One meeting with Kelly will not likely screw up Allen's career.  Look at it this way.  Young guys go to football camps growing up and hear things there, then they go to middle school and hear things there, then it's high school and college.  A lot of what these guys are exposed to  doesn't work and is discarded through practice, coaching, and games.  Many of these guys still wind up being productive NFL players.  Go for it Jimbo.

I love how the OP is terrified that our QB who got 37 in the wonderlic and unlike other many other rookie qbs will have the same OC next year will apparently learn something so crazy from Jim Kelly that his mind will forever shatter.

Jim Kelly will apparently expose our quarterback to the Necronomicon or something. Give me a break. 

• Haha (+1) 5

I think life has humbled Jim in some unfortunate ways. I am pretty sure Jim Kelly wants the Bills to win a SB. I’m also sure Jim Kelly wouldn’t preach at Allen but, instead, offer advice.

What NFL veteran QB’s has Allen been able to listen to? Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley? OK, I’m sure Kelly might know what he is talking about. He isn’t ancient.

• Like (+1) 3