Draft Prospects in play for Buffalo at #9

TigerJ

4 hours ago, The Senator said:

The one thing I don’t want the Bills to do is reach.  I also hope they don’t trade down.

Agree with your first point, and based upon what Beane has been saying I don't think they will.  I'm ambivalent about your second point -- if they do trade down it's because they're acquiring more draft capital and believe they can get the talent they need elsewhere.  We also don't know what holes will be plugged in free agency.

By the way, great to see you around here more these days!

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

The one thing I don’t want the Bills to do is reach.  I also hope they don’t trade down.

Jonah Williams is the guy I really want, but there are other quality OTs in ththe is draft.

I’d be happy with Williams or DK Metcalf in round one.

The only way I would like an OT taken is with a trade down.  Not a banner year for this position.  I realize they need help there but not at 9.

12 minutes ago, Original Byrd Man said:

The only way I would like an OT taken is with a trade down.  Not a banner year for this position.  I realize they need help there but not at 9.

No worries - the Bills never listen to me.

I wanted them to take Rob Gronkowski - they picked Torell Troup.

For years, I’ve been predicting they’d go 19 and 0.

The Bills NEVER do what I want!!!

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, mob16151 said:

I really like the O lineman from Oklahoma Cody Ford. Seems like the second coming of Cordy Glenn.

Actually, I thought the same about Jawaan Taylor.  I think both are more likely to end up at right tackle though

12 hours ago, mob16151 said:

Supposedly he's (Metcalf) healthy

Even if he's healthy, he's considered somewhat raw.  It will be interesting to see his combine numbers, as it is for everybody.  I'm especially curious about the speed of the big WRs, and Deebo Samuel.

Edited by TigerJ

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:46 AM, njbuff said:

Is Metcalf back in play as a big time prospect or we all reaching here?

The more I watch Metcalf, he's a nice player, but not at 9.  He's looks robotic and plays stiff (in my view anyway).  I like Hakeem Butler.  He has it all.....I don't think he will last until round 2. 

On 1/28/2019 at 1:55 AM, TigerJ said:

OK, let's have a little discussion about the players Buffalo might be looking at in the first round of the draft, barring a trade down.  I think the list of possibilities includes:

Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, Greg Little, Jawaan Taylor, Jeffery Simmons, Rashan Gary, and Christian Wilkins.  You can add more to the list with your post if you want, but that's not really the point of the thread.  My questions I want to discuss are: Are there any prospects you like with absolutely no reservations?  Are there any that you won't like under any circumstances? 
And,  Are there any that you might be OK with if you see something in them between now and draft day that allays concerns you might have.  

For instance, I really have no reservations about Christian Wilkins except maybe he wasn't quite as dominant as you might hope with future pros lined up all around him.  He might be a bit of a reach at #9 for that reason.  There are none that I can't be happy about under any circumstances.  Ed Oliver was highly disruptive as an interior pass rusher, but there are questions about his strength and coachability.  I think he needs to put up a good number of reps in the bench at the combine and really shine in the interviews.  Jonah Williams is an outstanding technician, but is not really physically dominant.  I want to see him put up good numbers in the bench.  Greg Little is said to have textbook measurables but might be inconsistent in his effort.  He needs to have strong interviews.  I want to see something that says he has passion for the game.  Jawaan Taylor is massive and strong according to reports, but is a bit slower that some other prospects at OT.  Jeffery Simmons can dominate on the field but has old video hanging over his head from a high school ncident where he beat up a girl.  I want to see some more about him that tells me he's grown past that and it will not be a problem in the future.   Rashan Gary Is a bit of a tweener (3 technique DT in a 4-3 and a DE in a 3-4 defense).  He was also not terribly productive at Michigan and not especially coachable .  I want to see where he owns up to his past and gives evidence he can grow into a 3 tech defensive tackle where he would be needed by the Bills.

Let's see what you've got.

I got a feeling it wont be any players on this list that we take. Watch out for DK Metcalf if he tears up the combine runs a 4.4 at 6'4 230 he will be the pk.