Bills/Redskins Potential Trade Down

RPbillsfan

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Yeah. Why not? EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Paxton Lynch, Jake Locker, Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weedon, Ryan Tannehill, Blain Gabbert, Christian Ponder etc all went round 1.

Dont be so dramatic that someone believes It’s possible a team likes a QB that should probably be drafted later get over drafted and trade back into round 1 to get that QB.... especially since there are quite a few teams in the top half of the draft that need a QB that may want to get BPA with their 1st pick but get back in at the end of round 1 to grab a QB.

All I’m saying is that it can happen. Again look at the names above. 

Ryan Finley is not as good a prospect as any of those names above. Even EJ Manuel. Honestly if he goes in the first round the NFL should shut itself down. He reminds me of a taller David Fales.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do so many people have a fetish for trading down?  How many years did the Browns do that and then get worse?  Elite talent is hard to come by, and while the NFL draft is lousy with busts every year, a top 10 pick does have a lower chance of it.  With a ton of money to (over)spend in free agency, we should try to plug as many holes as possible there first and then draft BPA at a position besides corner, because I'm pretty sure I would explode if they did that.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, No_Matter_What said:

It's funny how different fanbases have different perspectives.

I read Redskins forums quite a lot and last thing they want is to trade up for a QB not named Haskins and sometimes Murray (in general obviously, opinions differ).

I'd say vast majority of their fans would prefer trade DOWN in first, acquire picks (preferably in 2020 draft) and then grab some QB like Finley or Grier in third round. And then try to grab franchise QB in 2020 if next season doesn't end well.

Every fanbase wants to trade down (and most franchises too). The idea of getting a 2 for 1 is always appealing.

IMO there seems to be a pretty decent difference in the talent level from who'll be available at 9 vs 15 or later.  I'm not sure we should move backwards unless it's very clearly worth doing.

1 hour ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Why do so many people have a fetish for trading down?  How many years did the Browns do that and then get worse?  Elite talent is hard to come by, and while the NFL draft is lousy with busts every year, a top 10 pick does have a lower chance of it.  With a ton of money to (over)spend in free agency, we should try to plug as many holes as possible there first and then draft BPA at a position besides corner, because I'm pretty sure I would explode if they did that.

You have to draft wisely with the pick, whether you stay put, or trade up or down. Browns got worse because they drafted horribly. The Bills have too, as well as letting players go via FA. Patriots have hit the motherlode with their picks. We drafted Edmunds after moving up, and the pick right after us turned out to be one of the top Defensive rookies this year. Edmunds will be decent, but we'll see if he was worth moving up for. You can get all the picks you want, but if you don't draft effectively, then any move that you make looks bad. We need quality, and we need depth, so cases can be made for staying put, and trading down. If the Bills think they can get their BPA six picks later, trade down.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....rumors out there say Elway and Lock.....

Which is why Denver should wait until the third round to pull the trigger. Once teams believe in Elway's commitment to Lock, his draft stock will plummet!

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Which is why Denver should wait until the third round to pull the trigger. Once teams believe in Elway's commitment to Lock, his draft stock will plummet!

....wait!....John doesn't KNOW QB's?.........Osweiler has 37 million reasons to disagree with you..........

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Someone has to fall in love with Murray or Lock, if not teams may sit where there are.

In my amateur opinion, no one is going to fall in love with Lock.  

As uninspiring as they come.  

That is just what I think.  I could be wrong

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....wait!....John doesn't KNOW QB's?.........Osweiler has 37 million reasons to disagree with you..........

Osweiller, Lynch, Keenum. It's truly amazing how awful perhaps the greatest QB of all time is at evaluating...QB's.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Osweiller, Lynch, Keenum. It's truly amazing how awful perhaps the greatest QB of all time is at evaluating...QB's.

...friends of mine went out one year to play in Elway's charity golf tournament because many NFLers they knew well would be there.....said Horseface's ego is bigger than the Grand Canyon.......said he is a condescending arrogant "Richard"......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1