Bills/Redskins Potential Trade Down

RPbillsfan

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

What happened last year hardly matters.  There won't be a prospect like Josh Allen available at 9 this year and there probably won't be multiple teams vying for the pick.  Every draft is different and moving up to 7 is different than moving to 9.  The Bills would probably be very happy to drop back to 15 and pick up the 'Skins' second round pick.  It's very unlikely they will be able to get and second and a third rounder to drop back six slots.

Agree. If no QBs have gone and Dwayne Haskins is there at #9 then you might get a bounty.... equally that might suggest the league isn't that high on him. The idea that Drew Lock would fetch the same price at #9 that Josh Allen did at #7 is a little fanciful in my view.

14 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Very well researched.  Based on skins cap situation this would help them.  

Bills then draft

15, 40, 46, 74, 76 the first two days

Wow

Then we have 2 picks in round 4 & 5 and 2 in the 7th

Total roster rebuild with FA acquisitions

The Skins are going to be in a interesting situation, they have the roster to compete now, with a competent QB... I dont think from the numbers I have seen that they can bring in a FA QB, cutting Smith pre 6/1 seems like too much dead money and would put them in a full rebuild, which would be the end of Gruden in all likely hood, which again puts them in a rebuild... There is talk down here of them cutting all sorts of players from T. Williams to R. Kerrigan even... Haskins and Murray might be the only 2 starting potential answers for them in this draft to compete next year, that I see right now.

For Buffalo they would end up with a ton of picks in this situation and with FA, it would seem like they would have too many, camp would be ultra competitive, but IMO they would be likely packaging a couple picks to move back into the first, but more importantly they would have a ton of flexibility to move around in the draft or even add a player like G. McCoy via. trade and still have extra picks, it would be an ideal situation and the roster would be pretty well stacked one way or another!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, P51 said:

The Skins are going to be in a interesting situation, they have the roster to compete now, with a competent QB... I dont think from the numbers I have seen that they can bring in a FA QB, cutting Smith pre 6/1 seems like too much dead money and would put them in a full rebuild, which would be the end of Gruden in all likely hood, which again puts them in a rebuild... There is talk down here of them cutting all sorts of players from T. Williams to R. Kerrigan even... Haskins and Murray might be the only 2 starting potential answers for them in this draft to compete next year, that I see right now.

For Buffalo they would end up with a ton of picks in this situation and with FA, it would seem like they would have too many, camp would be ultra competitive, but IMO they would be likely packaging a couple picks to move back into the first, but more importantly they would have a ton of flexibility to move around in the draft or even add a player like G. McCoy via. trade and still have extra picks, it would be an ideal situation and the roster would be pretty well stacked one way or another!

Adding to the Redskins woes is the fact they only have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th draft picks this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Adding to the Redskins woes is the fact they only have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th draft picks this year.

Another reason why they won’t be trading their first three picks for the 9th overall.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Another reason why they won’t be trading their first three picks for the 9th overall.

I don't think so either.  They can't release Smith until after June 1st for cap reasons (42 million hit!).

They have to keep him on IR this year and dump him after unless Smith agrees to something else.

Possible TT landing spot?  LOL.

31 minutes ago, mannc said:

Does trading 2020 picks seem like a viable option to you given their current situation?

1 minute ago, P51 said:

Does trading 2020 picks seem like a viable option to you given their current situation?

Sure, but the problem with that (from the Bills' perspective) is that IMO, 2019 is a win-now-or-else year for McBeane, so they are going to be far less receptive to trading for 2020 picks.  If the Skins' second round pick isn't enough to move up to 9, then it seems more likely that they would throw in their third, but get back one or more later round picks from the Bills.  

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/28/jay-skurskis-mock-draft-i/

Jay Skursi has us trading down from 9 to 10 and then from 10 to 15 here. He's undervaluing the 15 to 10 value. That would demand the Redskins 2nd round pick if not more.

Maybe, but two third round picks would be a decent return to move back to 15, especially if they are early thirds.

• Like (+1) 1

It's funny how different fanbases have different perspectives.

I read Redskins forums quite a lot and last thing they want is to trade up for a QB not named Haskins and sometimes Murray (in general obviously, opinions differ).

I'd say vast majority of their fans would prefer trade DOWN in first, acquire picks (preferably in 2020 draft) and then grab some QB like Finley or Grier in third round. And then try to grab franchise QB in 2020 if next season doesn't end well.

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe, but two third round picks would be a decent return to move back to 15, especially if they are early thirds.

I'll take Redskins 2nd to move 5 spots and I'll take the Broncos 3rd rounder to move one spot back. 

1. Dalton Risner-T/G Kansas State 6'5 310

2. Garrett Bradbury-C North Carolina State 6'3 305

2. Hakeem Butler-WR Iowa St 6'6 225

3. Anthony Nelson-DE Iowa 6'6 268

3.  Rock Ya Sin-CB Temple 6'0 191

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I read Redskins forums quite a lot and last thing they want is to trade up for a QB not named Haskins and sometimes Murray (in general obviously, opinions differ).

I'd say vast majority of their fans would prefer trade DOWN in first, acquire picks (preferably in 2020 draft) and then grab some QB like Finley or Grier in third round. And then try to grab franchise QB in 2020 if next season doesn't end well.

Generally agree, although rather then spending a third on a QB I could see them picking up Tyrod on the cheap for 2019...

I think 2020 will be their year to draft a QB..Better class, and they will probably be starting off from a higher position to move up... also gives them a bit more time to assess Smith, although things are looking a bit grim for him at the moment..

35 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Someone has to fall in love with Murray or Lock, if not teams may sit where there are.

I don’t get the Lock hype.  He’s meh. 

27 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Haha, fans are dumb.  Grier is a fringe nfl qb.

23 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I'll take Redskins 2nd to move 5 spots and I'll take the Broncos 3rd rounder to move one spot back. 

If something like this happens I would be a very, very, very happy Bills fan!!!!!

I would be happy with Chris Lindstrom - G Boston College over Garrett Gradbury - C NCST

Pay the big money for Center Paradis from Denver to anchor the young O Line.

Edited by wppete

I could see Bridgewater and the Redskins agree to a one year prove it deal.  If he's successful he could be their QB going forward.  If not, they could bring Smith back and draft a QB in a much more favorable draft for QB's in 2020.

48 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

By any chance, does Anthony Nelson come with a genie?  If so, count me in.

14 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Besides Haskins, Murray and Lock, I can see teams trading back into the first pick 20-30 to grab Jones and possibly Finley.

but I see Lock and Jones being on Denver’s Radar. Jones has a lot to prove after a up and down Senior Bowl week.

Finley? In the first round? Lord of life alive people are losing their minds. If Ryan Finley goes in the first round of the NFL Draft the NFL should be immediately shut down for collective stupidity.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Finley? In the first round? Lord of life alive people are losing their minds. If Ryan Finley goes in the first round of the NFL Draft the NFL should be immediately shut down for collective stupidity.

Yeah. Why not? EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Paxton Lynch, Jake Locker, Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weedon, Ryan Tannehill, Blain Gabbert, Christian Ponder etc all went round 1.

Dont be so dramatic that someone believes It’s possible a team likes a QB that should probably be drafted later get over drafted and trade back into round 1 to get that QB.... especially since there are quite a few teams in the top half of the draft that need a QB that may want to get BPA with their 1st pick but get back in at the end of round 1 to grab a QB.

All I’m saying is that it can happen. Again look at the names above.