Alex Smith Likely to miss all of 2019

billsfan_34

On 1/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, billsfan_34 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001013656/article/redskins-believe-alex-smith-leg-will-miss-all-of-2019

- Awful news for him and the Skins. Maybe good news for us if they want to slide into 9 and we trade out. I know some of this has been discussed- merge if necessary- thanks.

Why not use "Alex" Smith in the headline?

On 1/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

Saw the thread title, immediately thought "Antowain Smith is still playing?"

This kind of thing feels like a trick to get more people _---------------------------Thanks for the edit!

Edited by OJ Tom

19 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Why not use "Alex" Smith in the headline?

This kind of thing feels like a trick to get more people t o read the post. It's rampant on this board, and it's weak.

Edited- OJ- did not mean to create click bait, its not my style. I just worded it like the article- thanks for pointing it out to me! 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2019 at 2:39 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...GREAT call and comparison bud.....I remember watching that game and seeing the Joe T injury (wish I didn't)...........did not see Alex injury (glad I didn't)......hopefully there is a miraculous Bridgewater like recovery in the cards for the kid..........

You ever see Willis McGahee's injury when playing for Miami? 

Theismann's injury & McGahee's injury are two of the nastiest looking injuries I've seen, yet many people say Smith's was worse. Because of that, I refuse to watch it. The idea of seeing something that horrific & painful just upsets my stomach even thinking about it.  Really hope Smith makes a full recovery and can live out a long, happy & fulfilling life.

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if memory serves me, there were plenty of posting pundits who said "no way" to selecting Mahones because he was from the "leper like" Air Raid.....I believe the quotes were, "NO Air Raid QB EVER makes it in the NFL".....and those same one are probably on the "Mahomes Bandwagon" right now about the blown pick.....Mahomes has happened to defy the Air Raid knock so far with a great 2nd year (hopefully many ore as he is fun to watch)......doesn't hurt (COUGH) to have Andy as his HC either...I certainly agree on your "trade down" assessment....I think that is what McBeane will do in his quest for another 2nd....

Watson wasn't so bad either, no?

• Like (+1) 1