Some in NFL "concerned" 4 NFCC officials were from SoCal

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

is this about the NFC Champoinship game or the Superbowl?

It appears pretty clearly about last week. It was essentially an LA based crew with a former Ram/Falcon on it. Even if you aren’t one to think it biased, it shocks me that the nfl would be so obtuse as to allow these optics to exist in case they made a bad call favoring the rams.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It appears pretty clearly about last week. It was essentially an LA based crew with a former Ram/Falcon on it. Even if you aren’t one to think it biased, it shocks me that the nfl would be so obtuse as to allow these optics to exist in case they made a bad call favoring the rams.

thanks. i was somewhat confused by the title of the thread and the tweet linked in the OP.

that said, i agree, bad optics all the way around. as the article said, they should have been assigned to the Pats/KC game. 

Who are the Super Bowl 53 game officials?

Edited by Foxx

9 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

It was about the NFC championship.  Not really a story for the super bowl.  Plus not really a story for the NFC championship game as we all know LA doesn't have any Rams fans in it. 

That was my thought too. no way to assume they even care about the Rams winning. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they can just hire the right people that will be the best job. 

I don’t disagree. But unless both crews have former rams on them it seems easy to just swap their flights and switch the assignments.

can you imagine this board if we host the AFCCG and lose on a call like that with 4 dudes from Boston and teddy bruschi is on the crew?!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

thanks. i was somewhat confused by the title of the thread and the tweet linked in the OP.

that said, i agree, bad optics all the way around. as the article said, they should have been assigned to the Pats/KC game. 

Who are the Super Bowl 53 game officials?

That's on me. Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

That's on me. Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit.

meh, it happens to the best of us. i just wasn't quite sure what it was because i do know that the Super bowl is comprised of the Championship Games officials.

Just now, CNYfan said:

It is about TV and Marketing Revenues, not about the local favorites.  That is absurd...follow the money.

And when the local favorite happens to be a big market? It's pretty clear that the league messed up. Probably one of the worst no calls I've ever seen. One ref waving off the other, clearly not tipped, and the helmet to helmet. It looked like NFL Blitz.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

And when the local favorite happens to be a big market? It's pretty clear that the league messed up. Probably one of the worst no calls I've ever seen. One ref waving off the other, clearly not tipped, and the helmet to helmet. It looked like NFL Blitz.

...cannot argue that....but the constant whining, lawsuits, demanding Goodell go public, talks about replaying the game?....seriously?.............Jesus, perfect pilot for new hit series, "Real Nags of Nawlins".........SMH....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...cannot argue that....but the constant whining, lawsuits, demanding Goodell go public, talks about replaying the game?....seriously?.............Jesus, perfect pilot for new hit series, "Real Nags of Nawlins".........SMH....

I agree that the lawsuits and politicians are stupid. I don't know why people don't petition the owners because that's where a rule change will happen.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I agree that the lawsuits and politicians are stupid. I don't know why people don't petition the owners because that's where a rule change will happen.

....oops...forgot about that dopey politician in Louisiana chiming in......imagine the precedent it would set if the NFL EVERY agreed to replay the game?........where would you draw the line?......ANY game with highly questionable calls would follow with replay demands....no need for rules change...it was a blatantly missed PI AND helmet to helmet.....

What rule needs to be changed? The problem was that they didnt make a call on an existing rule. Changing the rule wont help anything if they arent going to call the ones in place already.

As for the refs, no one would have even looked up where they were from if it wasnt for the one play. And if it wasnt for the one play no one would be complaining about their reffing of the game as it wasnt any different then a typical NFL game.

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....oops...forgot about that dopey politician in Louisiana chiming in......imagine the precedent it would set if the NFL EVERY agreed to replay the game?........where would you draw the line?......ANY game with highly questionable calls would follow with replay demands....no need for rules change...it was a blatantly missed PI AND helmet to helmet.....

The game replay rule already exists and I'm not advocating for it. I've just thought it was always off that people went after Goodell. New rules and change happens through the owners, not him. The only thing I would like is maybe a trial of the college overtime. 

• Like (+1) 1