Making Anderson a coach.

gjv001

My feeling is they signed him as a player because if he were a coach he'd only be able to have minimal contact with Josh during the off-season.  I expect the 2 to get together over the off-season.  If not then I don't know why they would sign him as a player.

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

My feeling is they signed him as a player because if he were a coach he'd only be able to have minimal contact with Josh during the off-season.  I expect the 2 to get together over the off-season.  If not then I don't know why they would sign him as a player.

I had that thought too.  There's something about the difference between a player vs a coach that benefits the Bills right now. 

I'll be surprised if the QB room we have now is the same one we'll have next season.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

His salary comes out of the cap currently.  Do you think Pegula will pay him what he’s making now out of his own pocket?

What, do you think Pegula doesn't pay for money in the cap?  I don't get it.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Finally, someone thought of something that makes sense.  In the original thread about him re-signing I didn't see anyone mention this and could not figure out the benefit of having him as a player.  This makes sense. 

Cut him later and make him a coach to free up that spot.  I can be on board with that.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had that thought too.  There's something about the difference between a player vs a coach that benefits the Bills right now. 

I'll be surprised if the QB room we have now is the same one we'll have next season.

It will be Josh and Matt for sure.  Anderson is probably gone, at least as a player.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

That’s probably the best reasoning anyone will come up with. It makes a ton of sense, hopefully it’s a sign of how far they are willing to go in helping JA. 

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

This must be why he is working with Jordan Palmer.  Anderson was signed as a warm body to play in games if need be.  Don't over think . He isn't a coach. 

6 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Why does anyone think he would be a good coach? 

That’s basically what he is now. Josh showed great improvement after Anderson came on board. He’s an experienced guy that has seen pretty much everything in the league. His role now is to share some of that tribal knowledge with Josh. 

• Like (+1) 5

Anderson would have to want to be a coach. Coaches and players do very different things and have different responsibilities.

My guess is he doesn't want to be a coach. He wants to be a player. Playing football is fun. Coaching is a grind.

And then you'd need to find and sign another 3rd string QB to bring in and take up that same cap money.

So it doesn't make much sense to me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1