Would you want Ziggy Ansah if he hits the open market?

njbuff

38 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I agree that 14 mill is too high for Ansah. I was thinking 3 yr 27 mill with 15 mill guaranteed if he is given a clean bill of health.

I think that is definitely a better deal. I just don't think he is better than Trent Murphy, and he is older. I'd go 1 year 5 million. 

• Like (+1) 1

I suspect Buffalo's strategy will be to try and find their edge rusher in the draft.  If it doesn't fall in such a way that they can get a quality guy, then they will consider Ansah as a fall back option.

I was initially skeptical of the add as I thought he was little older and wasn't sold on his injury status.

But, now I would be pretty into signing him if we don't land an impact EDGE prospect in the draft.  If he can be cleared fully mid August, Shaq and Murphy can hold the fort down early in the season as Ansah builds his strength and conditioning back up and we can bring him along slowly where he rounds into form by mid season and is at full strength for a second half playoff push and hopefully a playoff run.  

If we of course land someone like Sweat, Burns, etc in the draft, then I just don't see the need to sign him of course.

Another guy I do like in the draft in the round 2 to 3 range is Oshane Ximines.  I think this kid could be a steal in that range.