Would you want Ziggy Ansah if he hits the open market?

njbuff

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can't recall 1 impact play Murphy made last year.

Well for starters, he still had 4 sacks and 2 Forced Fumbles in 12 games as a backup and rotational guy who also missed time and dealt with injuries.  

So he made some impact plays in limited appearances.  So I think he is a guy who can be a good contributor next year if he can stay healthy.  

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would be a bit unfortunate if he signed now with the Ravens.  We signed a ton of FA's but nothing on the D-Line. 

Getting Ziggy, as long as his health is clean, (or someone comparable) would help to even further open up options for tomorrow evening.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

He dissapointed for what he signed for but come on

It may be as much a recollection issue more than anything. I can’t recall one either, but I cannot recall what I ate for dinner two days ago and I was very present in that moment...

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

bills have likely moved on. 

The report was that the Bills and Saints were waiting for Ziggy to have a check up sometime in April to see if his shoulder is cleared.

Have not heard about the appointment yet.

Ziggy's agent wanted to wait also to maximize his contract.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-oqopTelWbKr20OTvAhd

Report: Saints free agent target Ziggy Ansah visits Ravens 

By: John Sigler | 50 minutes ago

Ansah visited the New Orleans Saints early in free agency but left without a contract; it was later reported that they were waiting, along with other teams, to see how he is progressing after December shoulder surgery.

The Buffalo Bills also spent time meeting with Ansah.

The Ravens would make for a sensible landing spot for Ansah. They lost pass rushers Za’Darius Smith and Terrell Suggs in free agency and don’t have many other names at the position to chase quarterbacks in 2019.

Landing him would be something of insult to injury after Baltimore signed longtime Saints running back Mark Ingram early in free agency.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

photo_1_Jadeveon_Clowney.jpg?fit=696,463

This trade makes a ton of sense to me. 1st round swaps, next year's 2nd and a 4th would equal what the Chiefs sent to Seattle for Clark. Front offices are close as well. This is a no brainer for me. They aren't going to be able to keep him long term. 

I'd rather trade draft assets and sign Clowney for 20 million per than sign Ansah for 14 million. The guy is very overrated, older (no one knows his actual age), and always hurt. Clowney is very young, has huge upside, has been productive, and will excel in this defense. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This trade makes a ton of sense to me. 1st round swaps, next year's 2nd and a 4th would equal what the Chiefs sent to Seattle for Clark. Front offices are close as well. This is a no brainer for me. They aren't going to be able to keep him long term. 

I'd rather trade draft assets and sign Clowney for 20 million per than sign Ansah for 14 million. The guy is very overrated, older (no one knows his actual age), and always hurt. Clowney is very young, has huge upside, has been productive, and will excel in this defense. 

Thats exactly what I was thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree that 14 mill is too high for Ansah. I was thinking 3 yr 27 mill with 15 mill guaranteed if he is given a clean bill of health.

Also Ravens cap situation is not stellar for 2019. I doubt if they can pay Ansah 10 mill per year - so Ansah's Ravens visit might mean his value is even less than 9 mill per year. Or Ravens might be willing to structure the contract so the big cap hit is next year. Even so, cannot imagine a 14 mill per deal with a less than 10 mill cap hit this year - since he will have not have a contract longer than 3 years.