[Vague Title] Stadium name

Chicharito

According to WGRZ, New Era is closing the Derby plant according to this news article. Also according to the article the downtown Buffalo Head Quarters is staying put.

This is how fake news gets spread.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/rally-outside-new-era-field-to-protest-closure-of-companys-derby-plant/71-5c3f776e-be05-4af1-a381-3f5573873b18

Rally outside New Era Field to protest closure of company's Derby plant

Dozens gathered outside One Bills Drive to protest the proposed closure of New Era's production plant in Derby.

Author: WGRZ Staff
Published: 11:57 AM EST January 26, 2019
Updated: 1:58 PM EST January 26, 2019

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Local politicians, labor union representatives, and others gathered outside One Bills Drive on Saturday to protest New Era's decision to close its manufacturing plant in Derby.

The group demanded that company CEO Chris Koch change the company's decision to end production operations in Western New York in March.

Hundreds of workers will lose their jobs.

In an average year, New Era was making about 2 million caps at its Derby plant, which has been in operation since the 1960s.

RELATED: New details on closing of New Era's Derby plant

RELATED: Rally to keep New Era jobs in WNY

New Era employs more than 300 workers at its downtown Buffalo headquarters, which the company says will not be affected by the plant shutdown. 

Shortly after the announcement of the impending closure, Koch said the move was to help ensure the long term success of the company.

New Era owns and operates the Derby facility, and the company says it's no longer viable in today's global economy to own a plant to make the caps.

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

It will be called “The People Who Paid The Most” stadium. My prediction. 

They will wait and see.  If the team truely does rise then the rights will be worth more.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

According to WGRZ, New Era is closing the Derby plant according to this news article. Also according to the article the downtown Buffalo Head Quarters is staying put.

This is how fake news gets spread.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/rally-outside-new-era-field-to-protest-closure-of-companys-derby-plant/71-5c3f776e-be05-4af1-a381-3f5573873b18

Rally outside New Era Field to protest closure of company's Derby plant

Dozens gathered outside One Bills Drive to protest the proposed closure of New Era's production plant in Derby.

Author: WGRZ Staff
Published: 11:57 AM EST January 26, 2019
Updated: 1:58 PM EST January 26, 2019

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Local politicians, labor union representatives, and others gathered outside One Bills Drive on Saturday to protest New Era's decision to close its manufacturing plant in Derby.

The group demanded that company CEO Chris Koch change the company's decision to end production operations in Western New York in March.

Hundreds of workers will lose their jobs.

In an average year, New Era was making about 2 million caps at its Derby plant, which has been in operation since the 1960s.

RELATED: New details on closing of New Era's Derby plant

RELATED: Rally to keep New Era jobs in WNY

New Era employs more than 300 workers at its downtown Buffalo headquarters, which the company says will not be affected by the plant shutdown. 

Shortly after the announcement of the impending closure, Koch said the move was to help ensure the long term success of the company.

New Era owns and operates the Derby facility, and the company says it's no longer viable in today's global economy to own a plant to make the caps.

Start electing different representatives that will be more business friendly and there will be lots of companies to choose from.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Start electing different representatives that will be more business friendly and there will be lots of companies to choose from.

We agree. My post was focused on sharing the whole story instead of spreading half truths like the OP to get a rise out of people.

I don't blame any business for leaving New York given the political climate.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Good luck with that plan.  Do you realize who you're talking to?

Thats why I dont live in western NY anymore.  They try to move down here and jack our taxes up but they are more likely to get linched if they try.

7 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

We agree. My post was focused on sharing the whole story instead of spreading half truths like the OP to get a rise out of people.

Especially when you have a govenorn who ignores the courts and does as he wishes.  Even Trump obeys the courts and works within the rules.  Getting to political Hapless is gonna hunt me down.

18 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I left in January of 1980 and never returned; taxes - income and property - would kill me. I love western New York, the Bills, and still have family there but would never come back to live!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Thats why I dont live in western NY anymore.  They try to move down here and jack our taxes up but they are more likely to get linched if they try.

Especially when you have a govenorn who ignores the courts and does as he wishes.  Even Trump obeys the courts and works within the rules.  Getting to political Hapless is gonna hunt me down.

So true, unless you want to escape taxes please don't relocate and bring taxes with you!

Just now, vorpma said:

I left in January of 1980 and never returned; taxes - income and property - would kill me. I love western New York, the Bills, and still have family there but would never come back to live!

I understand, I was out for 13 yrs, but moved back for elderly parents.

1.8 million New Yorkers have moved out of state since 2000.

4 minutes ago, vorpma said:

So true, unless you want to escape taxes please don't relocate and bring taxes with you!

4 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Lol.  I pay 700 a year on my 100k house that counties in NY would assess at at least 150k