Right Tackle market shaping up

CaptnCoke11

On 1/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, NewEra said:

Draft one.  What about the other? You’re ok with keeping Dawkins at tackle?  I just can’t see why anyone would want him protecting our franchises blindside.  He was awful last season.  I’m sure having bums playing next to him contributed to his regression but he didn’t earn another season as our starting LT imo.  Not sure he can even play RT.  I think he could be an upper tier guard and that’s the route I would take.  I’m sure he’d be bitter but it’s his fault.  He should’ve played better

Dawkins admitted to not giving his all- real nice seeing his job is to protect the blindside of our rook. He better get his stuff straight this year- regardless we need an upgrade at LT, LG, C, RG- not an easy task however grab 2 in FA 2 in the draft ?‍♂️

11 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I would love this but cant see McBeane spending much in free agency. We will be lucky to get one of these guys.

McBeane will absolutely spend- just not foolishly. You spend while you have a franchise qb (if he is) on a rookie deal. The bills have 91 mil in cap space- I expect it to he higher after some more fat is trimme i.e, Clay.... I can see us spending 65-70 mil and. Leaving 15-20 mil for rookie deals and a little emergency dough. Remember we have 10 picks and may end up having more. Not all will make the team but bank on at least 8.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, Aussie Joe said:

I have been saying this for some time..

Some team is going to pay Mills in March..

People thinking he is going to remain here for backup money are delusional..

Seantrel Henderson just re-upped at $4.5M for the Texans, and his glass body allows him to play about 3 games a year 

At least Mills never gets hurt..

The Bills haven’t been able to replace Mills for three years. I agree with your post. 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:51 AM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Bradbury is good. #9 pick good no way. 

I would bet he goes somewhere around 50. 

Theres got to be a reason why he hasn’t been talked about as a 1st round pick. I haven’t seen enough game film on him or know his past.

But he was solid. I’d take him with our 2nd pick no problem. I just think we are gonna grab the best available WR with our 41st pick, who may just be BPA at 41 due to the depth of quality WRs.

Right now im

Dalton Risner Round 1

Hakeem Butler Round 2

But FA will change all that

That would be a 4 yr deal at $50M. 

Roughly $12.5M per being Massie just got $10M per. Closer to $60M per is your #.

The bold above is my hope as well - but always need the FA caveat. While unlikely, we could end up losing out on bidding wars for every OL guy, for what it's worth. But Risner is the type of OL pick that could immediately impact our OL regardless of how FA pans out for us. I agree, I like him best at Center as well, but he would be able to contribute Day 1 at RT as well. 

I've always thought of Dawkins as a Guard, and while he showed great skill at LT the first year, he admitted to taking off this past year and didn't like that he did. The guy plays with an edge, and is very mobile, lending himself well to the pulling guard role in the run game. I'd like to give Teller his day, but wouldn't mind us adding Guard depth either in FA or in the draft - but Dawkins/Teller bookending Risner or another Center would be just fine. The only piece to this puzzle is who would we get to fill in at LT, but if we were to land a stout LT guy, even Trent Williams if the rumors prove true, this should easily become the consideration.

It's also likely that Risner doesn't get graded at a value commensurate with #9, so my hope would also imply a trade back making the value match more possible. Risner likely won't make it to the 3rd if I were a betting man. If we stay at 9, Beane would likely go BPA per his board value and that might end up being DL/defense.

Edited by ctk232

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:31 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills haven’t been able to replace Mills for three years. I agree with your post. 

Its not about replacing Mills it was about fixing the left hand side of the line FIRST! Dawkins comes in.. then injuries and more injuries.

Also people say They wont let go Paradis.. you should go to there forums.. they are EXPECTING to loose him.. they cant afford his contract.

Bring in Paradis, Get a solid Vet Guard Get Tackle in draft.  a new T, G, C erases lots of starters we had last year. If I were to gamble, I would say Dawkins starts LT, Vet LG, Paradis C, Teller RG, Rookie RT.  I also truly think they nail a T in round one.. one of the top 3 Tackles replaces what we have.  The talent on the interior OL is there for the FA. We had cap issues and other places of need that STOPPED us from improving Mills. How many other teams do you think Mills starts for.. Seriously... come on..

On 1/27/2019 at 4:46 PM, White Linen said:

I don't know who else they have to sign but they gave big money to Hightower and Gilmore.   I would think they'd try to sign him.  

Hopefully they feel good about their LT they drafted in the first round from Georgia coming back from IR to let Brown hit free agency.....

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be all about it. We know the Pats won't cough up big bucks. This is a viable option for sure.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, White Linen said:

I don't know who else they have to sign but they gave big money to Hightower and Gilmore.   I would think they'd try to sign him.  

Interesting idea.  I just checked the pats* FA for this year.

They got 20 million as of now with only 48 signed for 2019.

Players going to FA include both Kicker and Punter.

Trey Flowers who will get big bucks.

Malcom Brown, Chris Hogan, Patterson and Dorsett (all pretty much starters).

Trenton Brown could be in play.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Interesting idea.  I just checked the pats* FA for this year.

They got 20 million as of now with only 48 signed for 2019.

Players going to FA include both Kicker and Punter.

Trey Flowers who will get big bucks.

Malcom Brown, Chris Hogan, Patterson and Dorsett (all pretty much starters).

Trenton Brown could be in play.

Big time. I understand people are looking at several FA's lineman, but Brown is a guy who's very likely to be in play. Many of the other guys will re-sign with their current teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

they call it winning

"They" call it the Patriot Way but I've never once heard Belichick murmur any such thing. I highly doubt he's telling Sony Michel to run the ball the "Patriot Way" or Trey Flowers to rush the passer the "Patriot Way." You know you've arrived when others have to come up with a name for the way you do things.