Right Tackle market shaping up

CaptnCoke11

Starting to think we should sign Williams and Trent Brown, move Dawkins to guard and draft the best center possible.  Paradies has been my target, but looking at his age and his injuries+ the $ he’ll command, I don’t think he’s our best option. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Draft one spend the money for Paradis at Center.

Draft one.  What about the other? You’re ok with keeping Dawkins at tackle?  I just can’t see why anyone would want him protecting our franchises blindside.  He was awful last season.  I’m sure having bums playing next to him contributed to his regression but he didn’t earn another season as our starting LT imo.  Not sure he can even play RT.  I think he could be an upper tier guard and that’s the route I would take.  I’m sure he’d be bitter but it’s his fault.  He should’ve played better

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Starting to think we should sign Williams and Trent Brown, move Dawkins to guard and draft the best center possible.  Paradies has been my target, but looking at his age and his injuries+ the $ he’ll command, I don’t think he’s our best option. 

You wouldn't like Staffold and Teller as our starting guards?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Draft one.  What about the other? You’re ok with keeping Dawkins at tackle?  I just can’t see why anyone would want him protecting our franchises blindside.  He was awful last season.  I’m sure having bums playing next to him contributed to his regression but he didn’t earn another season as our starting LT imo.  Not sure he can even play RT.  I think he could be an upper tier guard and that’s the route I would take.  I’m sure he’d be bitter but it’s his fault.  He should’ve played better

I thought Dawkins played better in the last quarter of the season..I wouldn't mind seeing him move to RT.jmho

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You are right, Dawkins looked bad last year and concerning. I really don’t know how they will approach the OL but it has to be rebuilt at every position. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

You are right, Dawkins looked bad last year and concerning. I really don’t know how they will approach the OL but it has to be rebuilt at every position. 

Yeah pretty much.  We need at least 3 new starters imo.  Dawkins and teller are the only guys that should have a chance to start next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Me too. Perfect way to go.

9 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Its better to draft a RT and sign a Free Agent Guard and Center. A 1st round RT would get around $4 million compared to the $8 or $9 million you would pay a free agent. With the 4 or 5 million you save you could get another player.

If you're talking about using the ninth pick, you really want him to be able to play LT when you start thinking about dollars. But I get your point.

23 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

My goodness he's not even that good. He is a Mills level player. 

I have been saying this for some time..

Some team is going to pay Mills in March..

People thinking he is going to remain here for backup money are delusional..

Seantrel Henderson just re-upped at $4.5M for the Texans, and his glass body allows him to play about 3 games a year 

At least Mills never gets hurt..

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I have been saying this for some time..

Some team is going to pay Mills in March..

People thinking he is going to remain here for backup money are delusional..

Seantrel Henderson just re-upped at $4.5M for the Texans, and his glass body allows him to play about 3 games a year 

At least Mills never gets hurt..

Henderson may not get the full $4.5. It is dependent upon him being on active roster. 

Henderson is due a $1.5 million base salary, but just $1 million is guaranteed for skill, injury and salary cap. The injury guarantee doesn't apply to preexisting injuries (Henderson spent all but one game last season on injured reserve with a broken ankle). Henderson is due a $500,000 roster bonus on the third day of the league year. 

He's also due a $500,000 roster bonus if he's on the 46-man roster bonus for 12 or more games. He's due an additional $2 million roster bonus to be paid out $125,000 per game that he's on the 46-man roster bonus.

Last time he was on 46-man roster for 12 games? His rookie season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Henderson may not get the full $4.5. It is dependent upon him being on active roster. 

Henderson is due a $1.5 million base salary, but just $1 million is guaranteed for skill, injury and salary cap. The injury guarantee doesn't apply to preexisting injuries (Henderson spent all but one game last season on injured reserve with a broken ankle). Henderson is due a $500,000 roster bonus on the third day of the league year. 

He's also due a $500,000 roster bonus if he's on the 46-man roster bonus for 12 or more games. He's due an additional $2 million roster bonus to be paid out $125,000 per game that he's on the 46-man roster bonus.

Last time he was on 46-man roster for 12 games? His rookie season.

Ok..wasn’t aware of the breakdown so there is some relief there if he has a typical injury plagued season..

I still expect Mills will get a decent deal somewhere and hope it’s not the Bills..

23 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Its better to draft a RT and sign a Free Agent Guard and Center. A 1st round RT would get around $4 million compared to the $8 or $9 million you would pay a free agent. With the 4 or 5 million you save you could get another player.

The Bills don't need to save cap room. They could spend $70M in up front money and still have plenty to sign draft picks and operate their in-season roster with plenty of flexibility to acquire players via trade

• Thank you (+1) 1