Super Bowl Halftime Show

vorpma

40 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

No one will touch the halftime show because of the NFL's ridiculous stonewalling of Kaepernick and the legitimate protests protected by the constitution.

Oh PUHLEEZE!!!

You really think Bruno Mars wouldn’t perform again if asked??? Beyonce???  Lenny Kravitz or Stevie Wonder???

No one gives a crap about Colin Kaepernick.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/26/2019 at 8:53 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

In Atlanta. It should’ve been just Future, Migos, Gucci Mané, Young Jeezy, Gunna, Baby, Thugger tbh.

Instead we get Maroon 5 ??‍♂️ 

I'd be cool with an Outkast reunion but that's about as far as my Atlanta hip-hop knowledge goes

On 1/25/2019 at 7:41 PM, Doc Brown said:

Or they could just give Pearl Jam or Guns N Roses a call and just make it a decent 15 minutes of music.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:54 PM, Turk71 said:

Bring back The Who. Best halftime ever. 

While I'm not a fan of what the Super Bowl halftime show has been in recent years, I totally get it. I love The Who, GNR, Pearl Jam, etc. Personally, I think AC/DC was made for halftime shows. Fun, energetic band with short songs.

That said, the classic rock demographic is most likely already watching the game anyway. So they're playing pop music to get a larger demographic to watch. 

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

That's the only reason the TV will be tuned to that channel Sunday ... my wife likes them, and my daughter LOVES them :)

The only thing that would make the halftime show worth it, is if they played "Moves Like Jagger" and you know who pops out of nowhere.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:53 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

In Atlanta. It should’ve been just Future, Migos, Gucci Mané, Young Jeezy, Gunna, Baby, Thugger tbh.

Instead we get Maroon 5 ??‍♂️ 

Give me a break.

These guys are too busy “protesting” a QB who feels his offer from the Broncos wasn’t enough.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:54 PM, Turk71 said:

... legends turned corpses at the SB.  Best thing about this year's "entertainment"?  I won't have to worry about missing anything

On 1/26/2019 at 6:31 AM, Buffalo30 said:

Lady Gagas halftime show is a great example. She descended into the stadium sang while dancing, played multiple instruments and had creative choreography. Inspire the youth, always. For the betterment of mankind. 

Heard the Meat Dress lady sing an  acapella version of Zeppelin's "Black Dog" on Stern ... she oozes talent.  Additionally, Bruno Mars surprised me with his musical chops

26 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

... legends turned corpses at the SB.  Best thing about this year's "entertainment"?  I won't have to worry about missing anything

Heard the Meat Dress lady sing an  acapella version of Zeppelin's "Black Dog" on Stern ... she oozes talent.  Additionally, Bruno Mars surprised me with his musical chops

Agreed about the corpses.  Enough tales from the crypt shows.  The NFL needs younger viewers to stay sustainable.

Agree 100% about Gaga.  Amazing talent.  Bruno Mars ... not so much IMO.  Though he is popular.

I can't imagine ever getting to this level of "get off my lawn", even as I get more and more out of touch with the current generation.

Do I care for Maroon 5? No.

Do I want to make everyone else suffer just so I can pretend to enjoy a marching band? Also no.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Don’t know why my comment is getting trashed, just speaking the truth. I like some older music too but it’s just not good for business. Have to attempt to draw in other viewers. 

Saw Lady Gaga live in standing section only 3 people back. She is one of the most talented artists around. 

3 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Agreed about the corpses.  Enough tales from the crypt shows.  The NFL needs younger viewers to stay sustainable.

Agree 100% about Gaga.  Amazing talent.  Bruno Mars ... not so much IMO.  Though he is popular.

Really? I feel just the opposite. Can’t stand Lady Gaga; Bruno Mars reminds me of a young James Brown!

Guess ya can’t please everyone, no matter who gets center stage.

2 hours ago, The Jerk said:

Insane Clown Posse got robbed of a well deserved halftime show again. 

She was awesome. 

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Will legit do anything to get left shark back in the mix

25946-haaxmc.gif

i didn't watch this one. But the first picture I saw of this I thought was a photoshopped meme LOL.

I learned in music and art appreciation as a freshman in HS, music is not good or bad, it's just if you like it or not. :).  To each his/her own.

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

i didn't watch this one. But the first picture I saw of this I thought was a photoshopped meme LOL.

I learned in music and art appreciation as a freshman in HS, music is not good or bad, it's just if you like it or not. :).  To each his/her own.

Ha! Katy Perry's ok but I'm mostly about the shark tbh...the guy just decided to throw his own dance moves in there and it's still hilarious to me. Watch the one on the right doing the dance correctly and then watch the one on the left??

On 1/25/2019 at 10:54 PM, Turk71 said:

Wow... I would have called the Who's performance one of the worst. Liked the band back in the day, but their day, and Daltry's, was 50 years ago... Who's Next was their best effort..