Super Bowl Halftime Show

vorpma

On 1/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, vorpma said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2019/01/24/super-bowl-halftime-show-no-longer-cultural-institution/2668939002/

I would be really happy for a 15 minute High School Marching Band - screw the entertainment industry - rock, rap, hip hop, country, and anything else I failed to mention! Bring back the kids!!!!

Start the game at 4:00 EST and limit the pre - game BS to one hour and maybe I will get interested again!

Maybe they can bring back "Up With People "

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe they can bring back "Up With People "

Thanks, just tired of celebrity worship ans want to see everyday people back in the game - the ones that make the country work everyday - screw the entertainment crowd all of them!

• Like (+1) 1

The Superbowls when the Pats* win, sometimes the halftime show and the commercials can make a huge difference (oh and lots of adult beverages!). 

I would assume if you are going to the game and pay as much for the ticket and hotel you'd prefer some national act vs some local high school band?

Edited by qwksilver

Gona keep saying it till it happens.

METALLICA !!!

On 1/26/2019 at 8:44 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know if I ever watched a halftime show.  Great time for bathroom break, reload on food and libations, etc.  I tune in to watch the game, not extravaganza.

i usually mute the tv and then play death and pretend those clowns are singing it. Its funny and awesome all at the same time lol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Aside from the Amazing music we will be hearing (sarcasm) will we also get a chance to be lectured by the intersectional coalition of diversity and social justice?!!  That’s what I really want to see!  

Football stops being about football come the come the end of the championship weekend.

A5D35EB1-EF49-4D93-8380-231D6C6A84AE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really don’t enjoy today’s overhyped halftime extravaganzas.  The last one I enjoyed was Prince   Katy Perry was good as well.

I hate rap - it’s not music at all.  I don’t like Lady Gaga.  I don’t know who Maroon 5 is,  but if they appeal to young children, they probably wouldn’t appeal to me.

Also, it seems like the commercials used to be better, funnier, and more entertaining.

Used to get together with a bunch of friends, and have pools on everything.  Really, the craziest things, like how long it would take Dick Enberg to say “Oh, my!”

Now, I kind of keep an eye on the game, use the commercial breaks to make a snack or use the bathroom, and find something else to do at halftime.

God, I’m old.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 3

I was checking out the Wikipedia list of SB halftimes and not surprisingly the first few years have a lot of marching bands, up with people etc. What is really surprising looking back is seeing the incredibly lame lineups of the 80s and 90s.  There's a few decent or big name performers in there but lots of really safe, G rated crap. Some of the choices as performers are bizarre.  George Burns and Mickey Rooney in 1987 for ex.  I don't recall watching any of the Bills SB half time shows, probably because I was completely stressed out of my mind. But they had Michael Jackson for #3!

30 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Definitely Ohio State!  

Was such an unexpected bonus seeing then perform in London for the Bills game vs the Jauguars back in 2015.

I saw Ohio State Band at the Ralph before and at halftime vs Bucs last year.   They are amazing.

As a bonus BILLS WON!!

Edited by reddogblitz