Super Bowl Halftime Show

vorpma

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2019/01/24/super-bowl-halftime-show-no-longer-cultural-institution/2668939002/

I would be really happy for a 15 minute High School Marching Band - screw the entertainment industry - rock, rap, hip hop, country, and anything else I failed to mention! Bring back the kids!!!!

Start the game at 4:00 EST and limit the pre - game BS to one hour and maybe I will get interested again!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone wants their era of music but they should always pick amongst the most popular artists. Singers who can play other instruments and dance all in the same show. Inspire young kids who are watching.  Show what humans can accomplish with quality choreography, singing/lyrics and other artistic twists. The most uninspiring thing to watch is some old band on stage barely able to sing or move just stomping their feet, shaking their heads back and forth, clapping their hands over their heads and pointing at the audience. Show the youth what creativity looks like. The super bowl is too big of a platform to not appeal to the youth. 

Lady Gagas halftime show is a great example. She descended into the stadium sang while dancing, played multiple instruments and had creative choreography. Inspire the youth, always. For the betterment of mankind. 

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Everyone wants their era of music but they should always pick amongst the most popular artists. Singers who can play other instruments and dance all in the same show. Inspire young kids who are watching.  Show what humans can accomplish with quality choreography, singing/lyrics and other artistic twists. The most uninspiring thing to watch is some old band on stage barely able to sing or move just stomping their feet, shaking their heads back and forth, clapping their hands over their heads and pointing at the audience. Show the youth what creativity looks like. The super bowl is too big of a platform to not appeal to the youth. 

Lady Gagas halftime show is a great example. She descended into the stadium sang while dancing, played multiple instruments and had creative choreography. Inspire the youth, always. For the betterment of mankind.

I can't remember when I last watched a Super Bowl halftime show. It's moot this year because I'm not even going to watch the game. After what happened to the Saints and with the Cheats involved, I have no interest at all. I'm looking forward to free agency and the draft.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I can't remember when I last watched a Super Bowl halftime show. It's moot this year because I'm not even going to watch the game. After what happened to the Saints and with the Cheats involved, I have no interest at all. I'm looking forward to free agency and the draft.

Agreed.  

Trust the Process.  

I am all in on the Billies.  

McBeanes are really building something real.   This is totally Bill-ievable now. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I was speaking more about the business side of football. The super bowl halftime show as of now is still a major platform for artists and shouldn’t be wasted on an individual or group that isn’t in their primes and aren’t in inspiration to young people. If football is going to continue, you must draw youth to the game. Just another marketing technique to do so. 

18 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

'Quality choreography'(Cough!) .....Because most of these acts can't perform by themselves, or even carry a tune. 'Auto Tune' is the scourge of 'popular' music...Lady Gaga is a real talent, but most of what we hear today is garbage.

Agreed but there are plenty that don’t use autotune and some that use it to touch up the rough edges, doesn’t mean they don’t have talent. Lady Gaga is just one of the best talents in the industry right now in terms of what she can do. Has sung multiple genres, plays multiple instruments, toured with Tony Bennett, dances while she sings, acts...the list goes on. And her choreography team was very good. It was a true show. True creativity. We need more performances like that to inspire the youth. 

If they want to keep the next generations as interested in the sport, they have to continue to target their interests from several different angles and that includes the super bowl halftime show. 

Just for the kids out there, let them see someone in their prime with true talent and a good message. 

Edited by Buffalo30

On 1/26/2019 at 8:53 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

In Atlanta. It should’ve been just Future, Migos, Gucci Mané, Young Jeezy, Gunna, Baby, Thugger tbh.

Instead we get Maroon 5 ??‍♂️ 

We get maroon 5 because none of the black artists you listed want to perform, in protest of the NFL “black balling” Colin Karpernick.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

We get maroon 5 because none of the black artists you listed want to perform, in protest of the NFL “black balling” Colin Karpernick.

I'm thinking he may have made the comment in jest because Thugger is not a rapper. Probably thinking of Young Thug. But these artists do not appeal to a wide enough audience for the SuperBowl. Don't mind Travis Scott as he's more mainstream than many here realize and you balance it out with Maroon Five.

I don't even watch halftime shows, but I don't think their target audience is middle aged white guys/ie majority of football fans. The halftime show is for women and casual observers.