Draftniks: Name your 2019 Draft "Crush"

Logic

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

This is my pick...I like the most.

I like Dalton but I really hope he can be a stud Center and lead the OL.

Also like Hakeem Butler, and less talked about Preston Williams.

Preston Williams in the middle rounds even if we take a guy earlier would make me very content. 

As somebody who had to suffer through Texas Tech's most recent campaigns (Thanks, Kliff), I would like to see in the later rounds Dakota Allen. He was one of the main reasons that the Texas Tech defense showed glimpses of hope.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/21/18180294/2019-draft-prospect-dakota-allen-ilb-texas-tech

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Not sure how Bean is going to approach this but Risner will be a Bill. Either trade back pick up some extra picks and draft arisner or draft a stud DL at #9 and then trade back up to the 20s and get Risner also. But I have a very good feeling he will be a Buffalo Bill next year. 

I hope you're right. I keep thinking about Beane's recent quote about how our o-line lacked cohesion and leadership this year. We never really replaced Wood's leadership. I can't think of a better candidate to come in on day 1 and be the alpha in the o-line room than Risner.

Just now, DrW said:

As somebody who had to suffer through Texas Tech's most recent seasons (Thanks, Kliff), I would like to see in the later rounds Dakota Allen. He was one of the main reasons that the Texas tech defense showed glimpses of hope.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/21/18180294/2019-draft-prospect-dakota-allen-ilb-texas-tech

Interesting. I'm not familiar with him, but am reading that link as we speak. 

What position would you see him playing in Buffalo? His size has me thinking he could be a candidate at weak or strong. Perhaps a guy to be a goomed as eventual replacement for Lorenzo Alexander?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hope you're right. I keep thinking about Beane's recent quote about how our o-line lacked cohesion and leadership this year. We never really replaced Wood's leadership. I can't think of a better candidate to come in on day 1 and be the alpha in the o-line room than Risner.

What I would love to see is the Bills trade  down to the early 20s pick up an extra 2nd Round pick and fingers crossed something like this can happen:

1st Round: Dalton Risner, RT - Kansas St.

2nd Round: Hakeem Butler, WR - Iowa St.

2nd Round: Chris Lindstrom, RG - Boston College 

3rd Round: Best Pass Rusher Available.

I can see Bean being creative and pulling something like this off. Fingers crossed ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hakeem Butler / WR / Iowa St. - I've said it before and I'll say it again, the kid reminds me of AJ Green. At 6'6", 225lbs he is already bigger than any man you put across from him. He has the speed to beat the coverage deep, high-points the ball well, snatches the ball using his hands with ease, knows how to use his body to sheild defenders, and makes the tough catches. That's the guy I want in a Bills uni. 

• Like (+1) 3

Imo many draftnicks and sights can't easily evaluate Wrs.  D-line is easy because the the standard tv view you can see guys getting up field easily.  You are not seeing the wrs run the routes.  Just making catches.  The best wr in this draft will be a better player then the 4th or 5th dlineman. That's what the sights are saying.  I would argue the increased use of the spread and 2 point stances by many olines has skewed the evaluation of dline play in college and how it translates to the NFL.

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hakeem Butler / WR / Iowa St. - I've said it before and I'll say it again, the kid reminds me of AJ Green. At 6'6", 225lbs he is already bigger than any man you put across from him. He has the speed to beat the coverage deep, high-points the ball well, snatches the ball using his hands with ease, knows how to use his body to sheild defenders, and makes the tough catches. That's the guy I want in a Bills uni. 

He also reminds me of A.J. Green. Smooth route runner incredible catch radius. He should run somewhere in the 4.4s and looks like he has a very good vertical. Would love to get him in the 2nd round. 

• Like (+1) 1

Garrett Bradbury C from NC State 

This kid is the next Alex Mack or Travis Frederick IMO. 

Having a young center in place to go along with our young franchise QB would be the way to build the Offense from the inside out. 

Edited by billvernsays
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, the skycap said:

I'm feeling Nick Allegretti from Illinois. He plays with an edge. I'm with the Hakeem Butler team too. Question for all, how many WRs are you OK with the Bills spending draft picks on?

Two makes sense to me. 

Foster
Jones
McKenzie
Williams
Draftee
Draftee 

And that's without knowing whether they add any WRs in FA.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Is risner a guard or tackle?

Yes.  His current position, and the position he says he is most comfortable in is right tackle, but I think he's played everywhere on the line except maybe left tackle.

Chris Lindstrom Guard from BC. I want to see the Bills get a guard that can both anchor and has the mobility to pull and drive up to the next level. and not just some mauler. I like Risner too but i would be happy if Lindstrom ended up a Bill. It would please me no end to see the Bills draft multiple O linemen. I'm hoping for better players than a 6th/ 7th round type. I loved when the Bills took E Wood 1st and Andy Levitre 2nd. I know FA may address some of this but don't know yet how that will play out.

• Like (+1) 2

I would like to see us trade down to lower in the 1st if the Bills are looking to re-tool on offense. I have only really focused mainly on offensive prospects that match our team needs, but I trust some of the regulars here that have higher 1st rd grades on the premier DL/Edge prospects. Oakland has 2 picks in the first, and normally I would think they would be game to trade up, but I think Mayock is going to be a bit cautious as he knows he is under the microscope as a GM.

My personal favorite is T. J. Hockenson more than any of the big, rangy WR's available this year. But plenty of mocks have him as a late rounder, drafttek has him falling to the Bills in the 5th...if that happened - YES, and the Bills could still reel in a N'Keal Harry (not quite sold), Metcalf (like his speed better than Harry), or an A. J. Brown, or Anthony Johnson, as well as some o-line help.

With Hock, it will just make me ill if NE picks him up and we end up facing Gronk 2.0 for the next decade.

I like Dalton too - early grades had him as a rd 3-5 pick and I think I had the Bills grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th in some of my other mock posts here, but looks like he will likely be gone sooner.

Andre Dillard LT seems to be making a name for himself down in Mobile too.

• Like (+1) 1