Draftniks: Name your 2019 Draft "Crush"

Logic

I really have taken a liking to Dexter Williams RB,ND. I think this kid has all the tools to be a 3 down back and has fresh legs, while averaging 6.4 yes per carry on only about 250ish career carries in school. Has plenty of game speed, size, and has improved his pass catching/ blocking this past year. He has yet to play his best football. Kid would be a steal in the 4th rd

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Early in the draft Devin White. 

Terry McLauren in the mid-rounds (although he’s lighting up Sr. Bowl Week).

Iman Marshall in the late rounds. 

I love Devin White the prospect but does that make sense for us?  We have two possible perfect fits with for our defense in Milano and Edmunds.  Adding another LB, albeit potentially great LB while we’re in a system in which we play majority 2 lb sets, I just don’t know if it’s the best idea, even though I think he’s a tremendous player

3 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Risner is a beast. I would take him at 9. He will bring attitude and tenacity to the O line. He reminds me of a Richie incognito/ Taylor Lewan type guy. Someone who won’t take **** from anybody. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im no expert on him, but if hes considered a 2nd round guy, or late first, wouldnt 9 be a big reach?  Or has he risen that far up boards?

As of now, would still think 9 would be a reach for Risner - but if he's there in the second, or we trade back in the first, it would be hard to pass on that. Could change as it looks like Jonah is equally falling in some boards.

Edited by ctk232

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Im no expert on him, but if hes considered a 2nd round guy, or late first, wouldnt 9 be a big reach?  Or has he risen that far up boards?

I think he was more of a late 1st early 2nd kind of guy but his stock is definitely on the rise. Had really good PFF numbers and can play multiple positions. I don’t think it would be a huge reach. Mccglinchey was taken at #9 last year and it was earlier than he was projected 

6 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

I think he was more of a late 1st early 2nd kind of guy but his stock is definitely on the rise. Had really good PFF numbers and can play multiple positions. I don’t think it would be a huge reach. Mccglinchey was taken at #9 last year and it was earlier than he was projected 

McGlinchey was still a guy seen as a first and even top half of the first guy by many though.  Hard to see is taking a late first or early 2nd type guy at 9.  But certainly see him as a Beane type guy in a trade back.  

Here is an an exciting scenario:  

Trade down to 15 with Washington.  Pick up their 2nd and another pick.  

Pick 15:  Draft - N’Keal Harry (or other WR)

Trade back up into the bottom third of the first using our 2nd and a 3rd to draft Risner and we would still have a 2nd pick from the trade down. 

Or if we have to, we could send both 2nds and still end up with 2 players from first 2 rounds and still have all our other picks and maybe one more extra one too from the trade down if we get a 2nd and another pick from Washington.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I love Devin White the prospect but does that make sense for us?  We have two possible perfect fits with for our defense in Milano and Edmunds.  Adding another LB, albeit potentially great LB while we’re in a system in which we play majority 2 lb sets, I just don’t know if it’s the best idea, even though I think he’s a tremendous player

I didn’t think of this as for my team (although I don’t hate White). We would have ELITE speed at the LB position allowing for 3 LBs to remain on the field. A 240 LBs linebacker that runs 4.4 and dominated the SEC can play for me. He MIGHT be the best LB in football in a few years (that’s how high I am on him). 

See if you can find the tape of LSU - Auburn from 2017. He looked like the best player ever.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

I don't have any prospects in mind that I just "gotta have."  Deebo Samuel is growing on me though.  I think he brings all kinds of versatility  You could line him up wide or in the slot.  You could put him in the backfield and hand the ball off to him.  He's a polished, disciplined route runner who gets separation and doesn't  drop balls.  I think Daboll could have lots of fun imagining new ways to use him.  

• Like (+1) 3

Im going with 2 crushes...OL Dalton Risner and WR Deebo Samuel

edit: just wanted to add that whatever player I want never seems to be the pick, so I fully expect Buffalo to NOT draft these two guys :)

Edited by Tsaikotic
  • Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

HAKEEM BUTLER

I’m a fan of Hakeem Butler also. Especially if he runs in the 4.4s. 

Love DE Josh Allen and RT Dalton Risner.

Can Bean somehow pull off a miracle and end up with all 3???? Would love it! 

• Like (+1) 2

It's Risner for me too. The dude is a freaking animal, he'd be such a perfect addition. I'm even starting to be OK with taking him at #9 if we can't trade down a few spots. His performance this week has made him a top-20 lock.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McGlinchey was still a guy seen as a first and even top half of the first guy by many though.  Hard to see is taking a late first or early 2nd type guy at 9.  But certainly see him as a Beane type guy in a trade back.  

Here is an an exciting scenario:  

Trade down to 15 with Washington.  Pick up their 2nd and another pick.  

Pick 15:  Draft - N’Keal Harry (or other WR)

Trade back up into the bottom third of the first using our 2nd and a 3rd to draft Risner and we would still have a 2nd pick from the trade down. 

Or if we have to, we could send both 2nds and still end up with 2 players from first 2 rounds and still have all our other picks and maybe one more extra one too from the trade down if we get a 2nd and another pick from Washington.

If the Bills are able to trade back 5-10 spots in the draft and gain an extra 2nd rounder, it would be AMAZING. 

I saw a national (non Bills fan) mock draft earlier that saw this exact scenario playing out. By the end of round 2, they had taken OL Jonah Williams, TE Irv Smith, and WR Marquise Brown and still had 8 picks left to work with.  *Drool*

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4