Logical Trade Down

RPbillsfan

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

There is a lot of talk of a team like the Redskins trading up possibly with the Bills to get the QB of their choice.

I'm thinking the QB market goes like this:

Foles to Jacksonville 

Bridgewater to Miami

Flacco to Miami

Tannehill to Washington

Haskins to NY Giants

Lock to Denver

With this a very possible scenario, I see the trade up being with Atlanta going up for a DT.

Here is my first picks thru the Buffalo trade down

Arizona - Nick Bosa

San Francisco - Josh Allen

NY Jets - Quentin Williams

Oakland - Clelin Ferrell

Tampa Bay - Greedy Williams

NY Giants - Dwayne Haskins

Jacksonville - Ed Oliver

Detroit - Devin White

Atlanta - Christian Wilkins

Denver - Drew Lock

Cincinnati - Kyler Murray

Green Bay - Deonte Thompson

Miami - Dexter Lawrence

Buffalo - Dalton Risner

Bills trade from 9 to 14

get Falcons 3rd and 4th

Bills get a versatile guy with great leadership and position flexibility.  Will allow the hopeful addition of T Darryl Williams to play RT and maybe a Quentin Spain or Reuben Foster to play G and keeping Jeff Boline for depth.

Starting offensive line

Dawkins Teller Risner Foster Williams, depth before round 2 of the draft is Bodine and Bottenger and possible Jordan Mills as swing T.

Hopefully Bills look at WR in round 2, either Hakeem Butler, Deebo Samuels or DK Metcalf

Round 3 - Picks 74 & 79

Round 4 - Picks 105, 110, 124

Round 5 - Picks 136 147

Of course picks 4th and later are affected by added compensatory choices to be determined.

I would consider possibly trading both 3rds to move up in 2nd if Iowa TE Hockenson is available

This also assumes we resign Jordan Phillips and add a WR in FA

I’d prefer to try and trade down again from 14 to low 20s and hope to snag Risner there.  The extra pick will allow us to grab our TE, RB and WR of the future.  

• Like (+1) 1

Jacksonville is in cap hell, they aren't signing Foles.

Flacco and Bridgewater aren't both going to Miami.

If you follow the coaching dominoes with QBs, it wouldn't be shocking to see:

Tannehill - Cincy - Zac Taylor was with Tannehill in Miami the first 4 years of his career.

Andy Dalton - Washington - With Alex Smith's status very doubtful, Jay Gruden knows Dalton from their time together in Cincy

Miami - A true wildcard, they could go QB early, they could bring Bridgewater to his hometown, or they could bring in Foles, a guy Brian Flores saw perform very well in the SB.

Flacco - maybe he takes 1 year make good deal in Jacksonville?  Like I said, the Jags cap situation is ugly, they may be forced into keeping Bortles and drafting a QB high.

There is a lot of talk of a team like the Redskins trading up possibly with the Bills to get the QB of their choice.

Foles to Jacksonville 

Bridgewater to Miami

Flacco to Miami

Tannehill to Washington

Haskins to NY Giants

Lock to Denver

With this a very possible scenario, I see the trade up being with Atlanta going up for a DT.

Arizona - Nick Bosa

Oakland - Clelin Ferrell

Jacksonville - Ed Oliver

Detroit - Devin White

Denver - Drew Lock

Miami - Dexter Lawrence

Buffalo - Dalton Risner

Bills trade from 9 to 14

get Falcons 3rd and 4th

Bills get a versatile guy with great leadership and position flexibility.  Will allow the hopeful addition of T Darryl Williams to play RT and maybe a Quentin Spain or Reuben Foster to play G and keeping Jeff Boline for depth.

Starting offensive line

Dawkins Teller Risner Foster Williams, depth before round 2 of the draft is Bodine and Bottenger and possible Jordan Mills as swing T.

Hopefully Bills look at WR in round 2, either Hakeem Butler, Deebo Samuels or DK Metcalf

Round 3 - Picks 74 & 79

Round 5 - Picks 136 147

Of course picks 4th and later are affected by added compensatory choices to be determined.

I would consider possibly trading both 3rds to move up in 2nd if Iowa TE Hockenson is available

I'm totally on board.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Tannehill - Cincy - Zac Taylor was with Tannehill in Miami the first 4 years of his career.

Andy Dalton - Washington - With Alex Smith's status very doubtful, Jay Gruden knows Dalton from their time together in Cincy

Miami - A true wildcard, they could go QB early, they could bring Bridgewater to his hometown, or they could bring in Foles, a guy Brian Flores saw perform very well in the SB.

Flacco - maybe he takes 1 year make good deal in Jacksonville?  Like I said, the Jags cap situation is ugly, they may be forced into keeping Bortles and drafting a QB high.

Great feedback

I didn't know the connection to Tannehill with the new Bengal HC.

Jacksonville could be forced to either trade up ahead of the Giants or get 2nd QB drafted.

See 3 or maybe 4 in first round, Haskins, Lock, Jones with Murray the wildcard.

Foles may stay in Philly with all things considered and it's possible Bridgewater goes to Miami.

Could see Dalton in Washington and that leaves Flacco.  Where does he go when all the cards are shuffled?

In any case to me a team coming up from behind us to get a QB is a very slight possibility.

Broncos, Redskins and Dolphins all have established QB's and I assume Jones and Murray will still be their when they draft.

23 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

jacksonville  trade for carr . they cut a couple of high priced defensive guys....offer future picks and or move a ways down in the 1st rd.

flacco goes to washington.  redskins take a project qb later.

tannehil stays in miami...maybe they would rather use the picks to build around him. maybe they bring over bortles.

dalton stays in cincy but, cincy tries to be a player for lock or jones.

foles goes to denver.  don't see him in his current division or the nfc.

oakland rides  with  a.j. mccarron.      maybe bring in brigewater. i think gruden will want to take a couple of years to build from the inside out.

Edited by billsredneck1

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

jacksonville  trade for carr . they cut a couple of high priced defensive guys....offer future picks and or move a ways down in the 1st rd.

flacco goes to washington.  redskins take a project qb later.

tannehil stays in miami...maybe they would rather use the picks to build around him.

dalton stays in cincy but, cincy tries to be a player for lock or jones.

foles goes to denver.  don't see him in his current division or the nfc.

oakland rides  with  a.j. mccarron.      maybe bring in brigewater. i think gruden will want to take a couple of years to build from the inside out.

I think the Carr to Jacksonville may be possible but with their hideous cap situation I honestly can't see it.

The Carr contract is done, the Raiders can live with him and start to build their team with all the draft capital they have.

Bills must be major players in free agency on the offensive side of the ball to set-up the draft

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

I think the Carr to Jacksonville may be possible but with their hideous cap situation I honestly can't see it.

The Carr contract is done, the Raiders can live with him and start to build their team with all the draft capital they have.

Bills must be major players in free agency on the offensive side of the ball to set-up the draft

i smell trouble between chucky and carr....

54 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

The draft value chart shows the 9th pick at 1350 points, the 14th pick at 1100 points, Atlanta's choice in the 2nd round is worth 400 points.  The Bills in a deep draft could do very well with 5 picks total in rounds 3 & 4 and could dangle some of them to move back up into the 2nd round.

The draft value chart pretty much got blown up last year.  It's still a guideline that they seemed to use outside of the top of the draft.  But remember the Jets paid 3 second rounders to move up and pick Darnold.  That was extream over payment and the Giants were supposedly asking for the farm from Buffalo.  I can't see them trading out of the top 10 for 3rd and 4th rounders.  Tampa went from 7th to 12th for 2 second rounders, which everyone was saying is market value.  

Foles to Jacksonville 

Bridgewater to Miami

Flacco to Miami

Tannehill to Washington

Haskins to NY Giants

Lock to Denver

Arizona - Nick Bosa

Oakland - Clelin Ferrell

Jacksonville - Ed Oliver

Detroit - Devin White

Denver - Drew Lock

Miami - Dexter Lawrence

Buffalo - Dalton Risner

Bills trade from 9 to 14

get Falcons 3rd and 4th

Starting offensive line

Round 3 - Picks 74 & 79

Round 5 - Picks 136 147

I would love to get Risner in the 1st and Samuels in the 2nd. I don't think he will make it though. I could see Oakland grabbing him with one of their picks

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Foles to Jacksonville 

Bridgewater to Miami

Flacco to Miami

Tannehill to Washington

Haskins to NY Giants

Lock to Denver

Arizona - Nick Bosa

Oakland - Clelin Ferrell

Jacksonville - Ed Oliver

Detroit - Devin White

Denver - Drew Lock

Miami - Dexter Lawrence

Buffalo - Dalton Risner

Bills trade from 9 to 14

get Falcons 3rd and 4th

Starting offensive line

Round 3 - Picks 74 & 79

Round 5 - Picks 136 147

nice effort. my two bits:

Daniel Jones (QB) will go in the top 14.

Rashaan Gary will also go in the top 14.

While I like Risner, I think #14 is too high for him. I would rather have Jawaan Taylor or Cody Ford at #14.

Jacksonville is already in cap hell. How do they afford Foles? In other words, they have to make some moves, restructure things etc. before even thinking about getting Foles.

Notwithstanding the above, I do agree we will trade down albeit because of a team wanting a QB, not DL - there are just so many good ones (DL) in this draft.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 minute ago, mannc said:

And for that matter, who is Quentin Williams?

Just a weird pet peeve of mine lol.  I can’t take people and their mocks serious if they don’t even know the players names.  Throws all their credibility out the window.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

11 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Just a weird pet peeve of mine lol.  I can’t take people and their mocks serious if they don’t even know the players names.  Throws all their credibility out the window.  

My favorite is the guys who insist that that “Mahommes” guy wouldn’t be any good if we had drafted him.

• Thank you (+1) 1