Ex-Bills Behemoth Mike Jasper named HC of Bethel U.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Looking at the picture of him that was put in place there, he's getting to where the farm scale might be needed again.

...hell if he hires Rob Ryan as his DC, could have an 800 lb coaching staff FOR STARTERS.....Jesus he's a BIG dude......

3 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Buffalo Bills football from 2000-2016 is all a giant poopy blur...but Leif Larsen was a full era before Jasper. He was the guy John Butler drafted instead of Tom Brady back in 2000 because he could wrestle polar bears or something. Jasper was a 2011 Nix guy.

I remember Leif Larsen. He looked like The Mighty Thor. 

6 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Like the alien plant in Little Shop of Horrors, maybe he ate the kid.  Can we arrange for him to have a late lunch with Brady?

His face does look like he's thinking "I really should have saved some for later" 

Congrats to him.   I am always glad to see former Bills doing well.   He was a preseason hero a few years back.    Nothing wrong with him,  just raw size and talent that didn't translate to an NFL career.   Very common at that point of the draft.   I don't think that Buffalo took a bad risk by using a 7th rounder on him, but for every Jason Peters and Robert Foster that you get in 7th rd or UDFA, you get ten scenarios like Jasper. 

Never felt like he got time to develop. It was like well you were a nice find but since you're from a small school see ya later.

He could have made a killing in pro wrestling.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:29 AM, eball said:

Mount Jasper?  Man, I remember the days when we hoped he would become our next Jason Peters, with Leif Larsen anchoring the D line.

different eras

17 hours ago, Cookie Gilchrist said:

I remember Leif Larsen. He looked like The Mighty Thor. 

thats his brother

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Congrats Jasp!

Hope his weight isn’t a health issue... he is a massive man

Best of luck!

he didn't seem that fat to me, just a really big guy

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of a sad quote from Buddy Nix in that story:

"Jasper was always a long shot. But at an athletic 6-foot-4, 394 pounds, it was a shot worth taking for then-Bills general manager Buddy Nix. "We would’ve signed him as a free agent," Nix said at the time, "so we just drafted him and didn’t have to go after him, and we’re going to see if he can play." 

Wasn't that your job , to figure out if a guy s worth drafting? You know, players like Torell Troup and  TJ Graham  instead of  Rob Gronkowski and Russell Wilson?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Kind of a sad quote from Buddy Nix in that story:

"Jasper was always a long shot. But at an athletic 6-foot-4, 394 pounds, it was a shot worth taking for then-Bills general manager Buddy Nix. "We would’ve signed him as a free agent," Nix said at the time, "so we just drafted him and didn’t have to go after him, and we’re going to see if he can play." 

Wasn't that your job , to figure out if a guy s worth drafting? You know, players like Torell Troup and  TJ Graham  instead of  Rob Gronkowski and Russell Wilson?

To be fair spending a 7th on Jasper isn't in the same league as the other two misses.   

• Like (+1) 1