My Reading of the Tea Leaves - Kyle Will Come Back and Coach D-line

ndirish1978

Lorax admits to wanting Kyle to come back to the team as a coach to "coach him up" and Kyle says they are "determining his value." I'd love to have this guy back in the building. Lorenzo signed a one-year deal, so I am hoping it happens for this next season.

• Like (+1) 10

What might make sense is an "intern" type position during training camp.  During the season, coaching is probably like a 100 hr/wk job.  Not something you take on when you wanna be w/ your family.  An intern position would only be for a few weeks & likely wouldn't require as much of a commitment during that time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

My guess is this won't happen right away, if it ever does. He's retiring to be able to spend time with his family. I would think that coaching is much more demanding of time than playing.

That's what I would guess if he becomes a coach it probably won't be his first year retired from playing but then again you never know.

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

My guess is this won't happen right away, if it ever does. He's retiring to be able to spend time with his family. I would think that coaching is much more demanding of time than playing.

And for about 1/10 the money.

Just read the Buffalo News piece on Kyle's week at the Pro Bowl...his comments certainly lead one to believe he is interested in being a part of the organization in some capacity.

He's a born leader.  You know what I'd like to see?  He starts his coaching career in Buffalo as an assistant, rises through the ranks to become DC, and in about 10-12 years after McD retires with his five Lombardi trophies Kyle takes over as HC.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

did his family live in WNY ?   that will answer your question.   I don't think they did?   if they staying in Louisiana (?)  , forget about the coaching thing

From what I gather the Williamses are quite entrenched in WNY. All the kids were born and go to school here. Sure, they visit Louisiana often but I think this is home now.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

did his family live in WNY ?   that will answer your question.   I don't think they did?   if they staying in Louisiana (?)  , forget about the coaching thing

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

From what I gather the Williamses are quite entrenched in WNY. All the kids were born and go to school here. Sure, they visit Louisiana often but I think this is home now.

I'm pretty sure in that video the wives do she said that they live in Buff and then after the season is over they move to Louisiana...I remember it cuz I thought it was weird they would send the kids to 2 different schools every year...can't remember how many kids are school age tho, I know his oldest is 12

8 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

What might make sense is an "intern" type position during training camp.  During the season, coaching is probably like a 100 hr/wk job.  Not something you take on when you wanna be w/ your family.  An intern position would only be for a few weeks & likely wouldn't require as much of a commitment during that time.

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

I'm pretty sure in that video the wives do she said that they live in Buff and then after the season is over they move to Louisiana...I remember it cuz I thought it was weird they would send the kids to 2 different schools every year...can't remember how many kids are school age tho, I know his oldest is 12

Completely agree on a training camp type intern position.!

The article quoted Kyle, "Ill be back in a couple of weeks for some house related stuff"  so sounds like he's already left town.  When he retired he commented one of the reasons was so he could spend more time with his kids, think he commented about currently often only being able to watch his kids game s via Facetime.  Maybe they use to do that before the kids reached school age, but as stated above would be difficult for the kids to attend two different school systems during the year.   As an aside the kids may enjoy that setup as go to school in NY i n the fall where school year starts later, then down south in the spring  where the year ends early. 

My guess is the family is here in western NY though training camp, then wife and kids head south.  Kyle likely flies down on  their offs days maybe twice a month, a few extra days on their bye week, wife and kids will come north on a couple trips, maybe spend all of Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks here. But in between they're apart.  Likely now that the kids are older they are complaining about making the trips north too as missing their own activities.

So can't imagine him taking anything close to a full time coaching position at this point other than maybe his kids HS team in a few years.

9 hours ago, Herc11 said:

My guess too.

10 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Yep. Longer hours, less money. But I'm sure if they wanted him in a coaching role they would work out a schedule conducive to his family life.

That would be Awesome & is a no brainer given his dedication to the game & to the team in his career i think he would be a great asset to any team that had him in their organization in any way but i hope it's the Bills that make it happen !! 

I honestly think he will be a consultant and involved with the Bills (not just a rah-rah guy), but i doubt he would take that much time away from his family to do that right now.

He's earned these days.

EDIT:

Come on. Come on.  Come on!

KW to Lorax:  "I haven't seen anyone my age in awhile."

:lol:

Tremendous.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1