Was Mark Kelso the Best FS in Bills History?

PUNT750

7 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Tony Greene only made on Pro Bowl. 

Hands down - George Saimes. 

Career highlights and awards

....nice work bud.....:thumbsup:

22 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

He played 99 games for the Bills including the 4 year Super Bowl Run.  From 1987 through 1989 he had 19 interceptions and a total of 30 in his 8 year career with the Bills.  He never made a Pro-Bowl Team, had no Super-Bowl interceptions and was ridiculed for wearing his "pro-cap", bubble  helmet. 

He played the Free Safety position conservatively as Marv and Defensive Co-Coordinator swizzle stick Walt Corey designed it.

Tony Greene or Steve Freeman or Jairus Byrd.

15 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I wish some folks here would have been around to see the old AFL guys.  There were a lot of really talented players on that team.

When I hear people talk about the AFL and the great players, it's like listening to people who tell you Bill Russell is the greatest basketball player of all time.

He's not. Not even close.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Leonard Smith..

Lousy man play, but a killer tackler.

Kelso was probably the most intelligent, but wasn’t as physically gifted or as tough as others.  

Leonard Smith is a great dude too. Not saying Kelso isn't but I met Leonard a couple times and he's cool as hell.

My vote goes to Baccari Rambo. 

23 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I was just kid, preteen years and younger, but I remember him being one of the weak links on that defense.  Like dingus said Henry Jones was pretty good.

23 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Best helmet for sure.

Yes, Kelso was better known for his helmet than for what he did on the field.  Henry Jones was the best Bills' Safety in my lifetime, but he played SS.  

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

I thought Don Bebbe was the one with the special helmet. 

Maybe because of this:

On 1/25/2019 at 1:05 AM, Spiderweb said:

???? That "60's" safety, George Saimes was indeed the complete package. A converted RB. Great FS. We have had a number of good ones, even Tony Greene comes to mind, but Saimes was the best. Shame is, far too many here never saw him play.

C'mon man! I know of plenty of Bills players & trivia decades before my time, but there's a point where knowing all the good 60's players becomes too much for me! 

Lol I'm only 32, so half the Bills players I know of I haven't seen play anyway.

19 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Kelso??

Not even close. Kazoo was loved by mildly casual observers because he had a lot of INTs. True Football fans know it’s because he played on a team with the Best Ever pass rushing DE and a slew of LBs adept at getting to the QB, who was typically trailing on the scoreboard in every game. 

Step up your game, OP.

Yeah, he was a weaker link on great teams who benefited from all the talent around him. Jordan Poyer on those teams would’ve been a nice upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1