Buffalo actually made a good list

Chicharito

The only way that happens if the Pegulas and State spend around $500. Mil having a partial dome, tons of modern improvements, and yes it would be fun, but doubt it will ever happen.  We also don’t have the local economy to pay for a new domed stadium with many mor suites.

i appreciate you’re post, but not even close to likely.

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The only way that happens if the Pegulas and State spend around $500. Mil having a partial dome, tons of modern improvements, and yes it would be fun, but doubt it will ever happen.  We also don’t have the local economy to pay for a new domed stadium with many mor suites.

There was just a story on the news about Buffalo having too much hotel capacity. Maybe that's part of the plan to land a Super Bowl once the Pegaladome is done?

• Like (+1) 1

Cant find the quote but a while back goodell said that teams building new stadiums would get a superbowl if criteria is met. If we build a stadium with a roof we most likely would get one. Iirc rochester and possibly torontos hotels would count towards our total. I think it was everything within a 2 hour drive. 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Cant find the quote but a while back goodell said that teams building new stadiums would get a superbowl if criteria is met. If we build a stadium with a roof we most likely would get one. Iirc rochester and possibly torontos hotels would count towards our total. I think it was everything within a 2 hour drive. 

Not Toronto, maybe Niagara Falls ON.

• Like (+1) 3

I’m in Atlanta. I see the biggest result of a Super Bowl in your hometown (unless you are attending) is extra traffic and it’s tougher to get dinner reservations. NOW, if you wanted to rent your place out, there might be some real benefit. 

If anyone knows of anything cool related to the event, please let me know. I’m too old to run or throw balls for fun. I just run on a tennis court, or if I’m being chased. We tried to get into the Dan Patrick show but so far we have struck out and shows are sold out. 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Or, in Jax case, a cruise ship. Do we have large luxury cruise ships on Lake Erie? 

This was all a joke: some of the other cities on the list are Albuquerque, Tuscaloosa, Portland OR, San Antonio, London, Mexico City,  Barcelona

Would be really tough to ever host a super bowl - small airport with few non-stop flights, few hotel rooms, potential of having a blizzard, ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

This was all a joke: some of the other cities on the list are Albuquerque, Tuscaloosa, Portland OR, San Antonio, London, Mexico City,  Barcelona

Would be really tough to ever host a super bowl - small airport with few non-stop flights, few hotel rooms, potential of having a blizzard, ...

Answer: charters

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It can't happen...there have to be a minimum number of hotel rooms in the area and we fall far short of that at last count...like 10K rooms short or something

8 hours ago, Utah John said:

Oh, come on.  Buffalo is lovely in June.  Not in February.  

The city should host sports events and other events in the summer.  Put its best foot forward.

Minneapolis was a Super Bowl city. Not exactly swaying palm trees there. If Indianapolis and Minneapolis can host a Super Bowl, Buffalo could too. The Pegulas are leading the development charge downtown. Ten years ago I'd have said no flipping way. But now?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It can't happen...there have to be a minimum number of hotel rooms in the area and we fall far short of that at last count...like 10K rooms short or something

This article is from 2013.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/5/31/4368898/could-buffalo-host-a-super-bowl

Buffalo added 3,000 new rooms in 2017.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/02/16/hotels-prospectus/

Don't forget Jacksonville used a cruise ship as a floating hotel. Not sure if Buffalo could pull that trick in winter.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

...wonder if Dunkirk Don is the REAL author??.............

• Haha (+1) 1