Taking on Blake bortles contract?????

Heff

11 minutes ago, Heff said:

Long time reader first time topic poster.  I was wondering if we could pull a Cleveland move and obsorb Blake Bortles contract for a second rd pick, plus a fifth?

Cleveland only got a 2nd, and I believe Osweiler made more. And gave back a late 4th. Why would Buffalo get more?

Just now, White Linen said:

That's an awful lot to pay.   You can sign a free agent that would be better than that second round pick for the Bortles money. 

You cut him on final cut-downs.  Or trade him to someone else.

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Cleveland cut Osweiler. 

That's a different story if Cleveland wants Bortles, then fine, I don't care what Cleveland does.  I took the OP to mean Buffalo to bring in Bortles, which I would be against as it is totally unnecessary.

This would not make sense for where the bills are at. Cleveland was in the year two of a tear down and had around $120 million in cap and no one on the roster that they needed to re-sign. Josh allens contract is competitive advantage and trading for Bortles would handy cap the Bills ability to build a contender in the next 2 years.

16 minutes ago, Heff said:

Long time reader first time topic poster.  I was wondering if we could pull a Cleveland move and obsorb Blake Bortles contract for a second rd pick, plus a fifth?

I don’t want to sound rude on one of your first  threads

Blake Bortles.  

Why????   

He’s not that good.  And with a high salary not worth it 

16 minutes ago, Heff said:

Hmmm, interesting scenario.  We certainly have the cap room to do it.  I dont know his contract details...what is the size and length of it?  Also, what is the cap hit if we trade for him and then cut him?  Would it just be dead cap space this year?  If so, I would absolutely trade for him and get their 2nd and 5th round picks.  We got cap room to have some dead money this year in exchange for a 2nd and a 5th.  But if it screws the cap up for a couple years, then less interested.