Jags to release TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

The 'rather draft one' posts don't make any sense to me, we will have more than one TE on the roster.

Yeah, we need 90 guys going into OTAs. It’s not really one or the other. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I think it’s worth mentioning that Jacksonville is desperate for a TE that can play and they’re cutting him. Granted it makes a ton of sense for them to do so with their cap but yeah, this wouldn’t be all that exciting of a pickup. I wouldn’t blame them for bringing him in though; he at least had the physical tools to be something. Better options out there IMO though. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think he has had like 5 good games in his career.

He's never had more than 357 yards receiving or 4 TD's.  He had 50 catches last year but a 7.1 YPR.  At best I'd sign him to a minimum contract with no guarantees but I think he's shown what he's worth and it's not much.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's never had more than 357 yards receiving or 4 TD's.  He had 50 catches last year but a 7.1 YPR.  At best I'd sign him to a minimum contract with no guarantees but I think he's shown what he's worth and it's not much.

Think about who's been throwing him the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree that the team needs to address this position either in free agency, the draft or a trade or some combination of those. However, I remain somewhat hopeful and intrigued that Croom can develop into a weapon. When he did flash a couple of times this season he looked pretty imposing. I’m sure someone else has the official data but he seems to have gigantic hands.