Jags to release TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

YoloinOhio

They need two tes, he might be worth a look as I think he will come cheap and he is only 26. Guy was the 36th player drafted and between Tampa Bay and Jax has never been in a great situation. Could be an example of great value and untapped potential. 6'6" 260 lbs., athletic, former NCAA basketball player. There is a lot of prototypical te to like about him. Would be worth looking into imo. 

On 2/18/2019 at 9:13 PM, TigerJ said:

Only Jason Croom is under contract for the Bills at TE.  Clay is gone, of course.  Logan Thomas is a restricted free agent.  Given his difficulty blocking and his meager catch total, it's hard to imagine Buffalo giving him a tender offer.  That means it's likely that even if Buffalo drafts a TE, they will be looking in free agency.  I think the Bills might take a look at Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.  The cost will determine their level of interest.  Physically, he's very similar to Logan Thomas.  He's much more accomplished as a tight end though.  If Sefarian-Jenkins is looking for a big payday, he's not going to get it from Buffalo, but if he's willing to sign a more modest kind of prove it deal, I could see it happening.

While I agree the need is great have to read between the lines with ASJ. If released it will mean he's joining 4th team in 6 years. Performance is meh 

And he had 2016 DUI in season that resulted in his being cut by Tampa Bay. Also had a 2013 DUI  at Washington in soph year.  TB police charged him with bypassing interlock ignition device in 2016 arrest. Read between the lines.