Clashing in Cleveland: How Hue Jackson, Jimmy Haslam and Baker Mayfield collided (and how they almost hired Sean McDermott)

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah those things.

And......

Would you rather have a Flying J a couple miles from your house or Pegula's JKLM fracking the earth a couple miles from your house?:flirt:

Well (pun intended), I think the answer to that question is beyond the scope of football discussion, but I'm sure there are a few thousand other sites on the interwebs where that question is probably being discussed if you've got a fancy to roll that way.  The short answer would be "neither " as the health/environmental impact of diesel exhaust exposure is significant and under-reported.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well (pun intended), I think the answer to that question is beyond the scope of football discussion, but I'm sure there are a few thousand other sites on the interwebs where that question is probably being discussed if you've got a fancy to roll that way.  The short answer would be "neither " as the health/environmental impact of diesel exhaust exposure is significant and under-reported.

"Haslam is scuzzy and his peeps took the fall for him."

Oh my bad.......I didn't realize you were you talking about football?:rolleyes:

The point is.......both Haslam and The Pegs are villains to a lot of people.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:39 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Depodesta is lucky to have any job.  His first job as GM in MLB lasted just 2 years with the Dodgers, where he was mocked as "Google Boy". 

Het got to a Mets team that would be in the NLCS that year, then it was a steady slide to years of wins in the 70's before they peaked in the WS the year before he left.  The team then crashed and burned again.

Luckily for the Browns.  Mayfield was a pick that even that crew and owner could not screw up.

Having followed his career from the A’s onward and having had the opportunity to meet and talk with him in person, I can safely report that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/24/2019 at 8:39 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Depodesta is lucky to have any job.  His first job as GM in MLB lasted just 2 years with the Dodgers, where he was mocked as "Google Boy". 

Het got to a Mets team that would be in the NLCS that year, then it was a steady slide to years of wins in the 70's before they peaked in the WS the year before he left.  The team then crashed and burned again.

Luckily for the Browns.  Mayfield was a pick that even that crew and owner could not screw up.

?? - the Mets made the playoffs the year after he left. And as I'm sure you're aware, the Mets lost both Syndegaard and Matz - two of their three best starters - to injury in 2017.

59 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"Haslam is scuzzy and his peeps took the fall for him."

Oh my bad.......I didn't realize you were you talking about football?:rolleyes:

The point is.......both Haslam and The Pegs are villains to a lot of people.

Talking about a football owner's speaking on tape during meetings where fraud was discussed is exactly the same as discussing my personal preference for diesel particulates vs fracking residue in my tea. ☺️

You may be right about both being regarded as villains, I don't feel I have enough info about how either one is generally regarded.   Peace out.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Talking about a football owner's speaking on tape during meetings where fraud was discussed is exactly the same as discussing my personal preference for diesel particulates vs fracking residue in my tea. ☺️

You may be right about both being regarded as villains, I don't feel I have enough info about how either one is generally regarded.   Peace out.

I am picturing Kyle Williams sipping from a flaming cup of green tea with his pinky up.:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s truly amazing the lengths some will go to keep putting others down. And I’m not talking about the Browns. Haslem is a racist douchebag. It’s embarrassing to mention him in the same breath as Pegula, regardless of your take on fracking. 

17 hours ago, eball said:

It’s truly amazing the lengths some will go to keep putting others down. And I’m not talking about the Browns. Haslem is a racist douchebag. It’s embarrassing to mention him in the same breath as Pegula, regardless of your take on fracking. 

"he (Eric Reid) mentioned Terry Pegula by name and claims he said the kneeling situation was out of hand and it was costing him sponsors and they needed to make it go away and to throw some money at it if thats what it took."

How long was that thread on the front page for chrissakes?

Have some more of that "Milk of Amnesia" eebs.?

Edited by BADOLBILZ

On 1/24/2019 at 8:57 PM, NoSaint said:

Last offseason had zay running naked, Richie incognito, poyer, the McCoy drama and of course peterman named our week 1 starter while Mahomes started his march to the afccg. We opted to make moves to lead the league in dead money. We went backwards in the win loss column but write it off because our owners hired an unproven coach and left him with a lame duck GM until he could hand pick his own guy AFTER free agency and the draft. 

We better hope that our star qb that came with his draft night Twitter surprise works out or the legacy might not be as sterling as we hope.

Fair enough. 

My rebuttal would be that none of that stuff happened at One Bills drive and I don’t really see how most of that stuff could be viewed as McDermott and Beane running a disfunctional program. 

Zay was out in LA with his brother in the offseason. 

Richie predated this regime and the stuff you are referring to happened after he left the team. If anything, I’d say the Bills were out ahead of that one. 

Plus, He’s had problems LONG before Buffalo. His 3 years here (the 2nd time) were probably the most drama free of his entire NFL career. 

Really the only hint of drama came in that playoff game where a Jaguars player claimed he used a racial slur (and he never played another game here after that happened). 

Poyer had some drama with his girl on Instagram (something about cheating) in the offseason, but I don’t see how that has anything to do with the McDermott or Beane and I don’t really view a couple cheating as a sign of a disfunctional football program.  

No charges were ever brought against Shady. The police and the NFL investigated and nothing came of it. If there was anything to it, I would guess the Bills would have moved on. 

And Mahomes vs Allen I already went in depth into that argument in my previous post, so I won’t repeat myself here. But as I said, I can see the argument for that one, though I put it more on Pegula than I do on this new regime. 

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that Pilot Flying J would cancel the deal over ESPN’s treatment of the Browns suggests that Pilot Flying J expected positive (or at least neutral) treatment of the NFL franchise in exchange for the advertising relationship. ESPN deserves credit for not playing that game.

Among other things, Wickersham’s story cited unnamed sources, who claimed that Dee Haslam at one point said, “We just don’t know what we are doing” and “f we’d known how hard it would be, we never would have bought the team.”

13 hours ago, Augie said:

That tells you all you need to know right there. It starts at the top. How did this guy ever get this far? 

I don't understand your point.  Haslam is wrong to terminate a deal with a company that trashed his team?  Assuming Pilot had termination rights in their deal, why is that a problem?

7 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I don't understand your point.  Haslam is wrong to terminate a deal with a company that trashed his team?  Assuming Pilot had termination rights in their deal, why is that a problem?

The point is that Haslam is an idiot and the lion’s share of the problem with the Browns. He got upset that someone pointed out that they are a mess, when is fact he should get the heck out of the way and let football people do their jobs so they can clean things up. Terminating the deal, to ME, feels petty and oblivious of the situation. It was true, they are dysfunctional. Fix it. Don’t whine because somebody noticed. 

• Like (+1) 1