Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

I am so sick of this team. They are so damn fragile. They play a pretty good 1st period, then the Pens come out pushing in the 2nd and Buffalo just epically collapses once again, only this time even worse than normal. 

Any hope from earlier in the season I had, that there may actually finally be a light at the end of the tunnel, is long long gone. I am usually a pretty positive guy, but I am having a hard time finding any positives anymore. This team just looks years away from being competitive at the moment. 

I have to believe Housley’s job has possibly been put in jeopardy by this recent slide, no matter what Botterill says. But if they do move on from a 4th coach in a row after 2 (ish) years, they absolutely Have To getnit right. I’d want a good veteran coach, assuming one would come here (Quenneville supposedly said he doesn’t want to go to a rebuild, so...). We can’t keep making changes every couple years. But something has to give here. I can’t see them bringing back the coaching staff if the season ends with this current slide. 

I like Phil Housley but this is just sad; and please stop with the "talent level" craaaaaaaaaaaaap.  If they're so bad why not just trade our entire roster to Seattle and we get the expansion draft?  Maybe Housley could coach them up.  

• Like (+1) 1

Teams tend to play like they practice and practice like they’re coached. 

Earlier, people found comfort in confusing effort with results. 

Now that the effort isn’t there, it’s become intolerable. 

34 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

They have quit on housley 

Sabres space message board is lame as well. I think they are owned by Pegula.

Time to fire all of them including botterill.

It certainly seems like they have quit on the coach.

We've lost 6 in a row now. 

Saturday night we play in Carolina, then home against St. Louis, and then Toronto at home next Wednesday night.

What if we lose an ugly one to our rival the Maple Leafs on home ice, and it is our NINTH LOSS in a row?

Will that get anyone fired around here?

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

...(Quenneville supposedly said he doesn’t want to go to a rebuild, so...).

I'm sure Q is well aware that teams that aren't rebuilding aren't looking to hire new coaches.

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am so sick of this team. They are so damn fragile. They play a pretty good 1st period, then the Pens come out pushing in the 2nd and Buffalo just epically collapses once again, only this time even worse than normal. 

Any hope from earlier in the season I had, that there may actually finally be a light at the end of the tunnel, is long long gone. I am usually a pretty positive guy, but I am having a hard time finding any positives anymore. This team just looks years away from being competitive at the moment. 

I have to believe Housley’s job has possibly been put in jeopardy by this recent slide, no matter what Botterill says. But if they do move on from a 4th coach in a row after 2 (ish) years, they absolutely Have To getnit right. I’d want a good veteran coach, assuming one would come here (Quenneville supposedly said he doesn’t want to go to a rebuild, so...). We can’t keep making changes every couple years. But something has to give here. I can’t see them bringing back the coaching staff if the season ends with this current slide. 

Why are you still watching?  I don't get why people willing sit through something that they know will make them miserable.  This season has been lost for months now.  You might as well find something else far more worth your time.  And I don't mean to single you out on this one.  I see so many comments lately about how horrible the games are and I will never understand why they keep watching, especially at this point in the season.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why are you still watching?  I don't get why people willing sit through something that they know will make them miserable.  This season has been lost for months now.  You might as well find something else far more worth your time.  And I don't mean to single you out on this one.  I see so many comments lately about how horrible the games are and I will never understand why they keep watching, especially at this point in the season.

Yep..gave up a good 10  games back or so..i did somewhat check in on the Leafs game.... I like watching the post-game though so the auto record is still happening.One  could see this team was dead in the water in January.

My o my, where does this team go next year if Skinner bolts? Duchene i guess is an option for 2C..but prollly too much money there. Breadman ain't coming if the rumors true he wants big city and Ocean.

Pay the dude in CA to rig the lottery like he rigged SATs?

On a serious note..season tickets below 10K next year? Have to think that. I can see average crowds in November and December next year of 12K, except for Bills doubleheader weekends. And Terry gonna push hard for those, as he did this year. I cant see crowds coming back in force until the Sabres are firmly in playoff position in February. Fool me once effect will be in full force, even if they have another good start. 

43 minutes ago, shrader said:

I will never understand the mentality of "sports fans" like you.  For some reason, your ilk makes up about 90% of these online sports discussion forums.  In real life I never seem to stumble into people like this.

Not everyone here is a casual sports fan looking for a cheap "feel good" thrill watching their team win.  Some of us have an interest in the team that transcends having a casual good time, and want to discuss that team no matter what is going on with it, good or bad. 

Life is about ups and downs and if you are a fan, you have to take the good with the bad.

If Buffalo sports fans weren't thick skinned and in it for the long haul, there wouldn't be any left! 

These are 2 of the historically worst run franchises in N. American sports history.  If you just want to have fun and enjoy watching a good team win, why in the world would you choose to root for sports teams from Buffalo?

I don't understand you at all.

Let's have some fun. Here is the current roster, sorted by forwards/defense/goalie.

Jack Eichel (C)
Zemgus Girgensons 
Johan Larsson 
Casey Mittelstadt 
Alexander Nylander 
Kyle Okposo (A)
Jason Pominville 
Sam Reinhart 
Evan Rodrigues 
Conor Sheary 
Jeff Skinner 
Vladimir Sobotka 
Tage Thompson 
Scott Wilson     

Zach Bogosian (A)
Rasmus Dahlin 
Matt Hunwick 
Jake McCabe 
Brandon Montour 
Casey Nelson 
Rasmus Ristolainen 
Marco Scandella 

Carter Hutton 
Linus Ullmark

Questions:

1. What forwards on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "top six"

2. What forwards on the roster would you consider to be NHL "top six" in two years

3. What defensemen on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "top four"

4. What defensemen on the roster would you consider to be NHL "top four" in two years

5. What goalie on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "starter"

6. What goalie on the roster would you consider to be NHL "starter" in two years

50 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yep, the games are beyond horrible. But there are things still worth watching in terms of wanting to see Dahlin continue his emergence, Skinner getting to 40, Jack just putting up points, etc. I can be thoroughly disgusted with the coaching and the effort and the mind boggling lack of skill in this Charmin soft team and still find some nuggets to polish. 

Doesn’t mean I can’t continue to be critical of them, though. That’s my right as a fan. 

EVERY player who’s been here since the tank needs to be gone. All of them. 

The aging vets need to be gone. Pommers, Okposo, all of them. 

Housley is in way over his head as a head coach as evidenced by his sub .400 pace since he’s been behind the bench*, his inability to adapt to his roster, his line combinations, his defense pairings, his uneven accountability standards, etc. He needs to be gone as well.

Edit: Almost forgot the all important asterisk noting the exception of the fluke 10 game streak which articifially inflates Housley’s record.

4 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Let's have some fun. Here is the current roster, sorted by forwards/defense/goalie.

Jack Eichel (C)
Zemgus Girgensons 
Johan Larsson 
Casey Mittelstadt 
Alexander Nylander 
Kyle Okposo (A)
Jason Pominville 
Sam Reinhart 
Evan Rodrigues 
Conor Sheary 
Jeff Skinner 
Vladimir Sobotka 
Tage Thompson 
Scott Wilson     

Zach Bogosian (A)
Rasmus Dahlin 
Matt Hunwick 
Jake McCabe 
Brandon Montour 
Casey Nelson 
Rasmus Ristolainen 
Marco Scandella 

Carter Hutton 
Linus Ullmark

Questions:

1. What forwards on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "top six"

2. What forwards on the roster would you consider to be NHL "top six" in two years

3. What defensemen on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "top four"

4. What defensemen on the roster would you consider to be NHL "top four" in two years

5. What goalie on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "starter"

6. What goalie on the roster would you consider to be NHL "starter" in two years

7. What coach would you consider to be NHL quality.

Edited by K-9

20 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Questions:

1. What forwards on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "top six"...Jack, Sam, Skinner

2. What forwards on the roster would you consider to be NHL "top six" in two years..Casey

3. What defensemen on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "top four.....Zach, Dahlin, Mountour, McCabe, Nelson

4. What defensemen on the roster would you consider to be NHL "top four" in two years..

5. What goalie on the roster would you consider to currently be NHL "starter"...none

6. What goalie on the roster would you consider to be NHL "starter" in two years..llmark

Edited by plenzmd1

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I will never understand the mentality of "sports fans" like you.  For some reason, your ilk makes up about 90% of these online sports discussion forums.  In real life I never seem to stumble into people like this.

Not everyone here is a casual sports fan looking for a cheap "feel good" thrill watching their team win.  Some of us have an interest in the team that transcends having a casual good time, and want to discuss that team no matter what is going on with it, good or bad. 

Life is about ups and downs and if you are a fan, you have to take the good with the bad.

If Buffalo sports fans weren't thick skinned and in it for the long haul, there wouldn't be any left! 

These are 2 of the historically worst run franchises in N. American sports history.  If you just want to have fun and enjoy watching a good team win, why in the world would you choose to root for sports teams from Buffalo?

I don't understand you at all.

Blah blah blah, masochism.  I get it.  But yeah, you're not a fan unless subscribe to a set list of rules.  There are no exceptions.  The arrogance of being a fan of ***** is truly something to behold.

I am an out of market fan.  I'm not sure what others situations are.  But I have to put down money in order to watch a Buffalo team.  The thought of paying in order to watch something that is guaranteed to disappoint is not something I want to sign up for anymore.  I've had enough recently of paying an assload of money for something with zero return.