Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You're overlooking all the other aspects to ROR's game though.

He's the best face-off man in the league.  Incredible 2 way player; eats tons of difficult minutes against the opposition's best players on a nightly basis...

He's a hell of a good 2-way C and we miss him enormously.

I don't miss drunken donut because he was a douche bag who gave no effort and took a loser's way out.  If things were bad, step up and be a leader.  The fake act to get a ticket out was disgraceful.  Eff him.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You're overlooking all the other aspects to ROR's game though.

He's the best face-off man in the league.  Incredible 2 way player; eats tons of difficult minutes against the opposition's best players on a nightly basis...

He's a hell of a good 2-way C and we miss him enormously.

Sure they do, but that trade was not made for today. So only looking at this season to evaluate it is kind of pointless. The Sabres knowingly passed on what he could add right now in exchange for a couple prospects (I’m including the draft pick there) and cap flexibility a year or two down the road. 

13 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hutton looking like Sabre Lehner. Lack of a quality #1 goalie is our biggest issue, especially given the game Housley prefers to play. 

Yeah, that shootout performance was definitely Lehner-esque. That first goal goal was just awful... 

Some of these shootout moves are getting really questionable IMO, as far as forward momentum goes (not so much last night, but I’m seeing it more and more around the NHL). 

Like this one -

No goalie stands a chance on a shootout attempt lik that. 

I don’t think a guy should be allowed to basically almost come to a dead stop in front of the goalie + deke him out. If it doesn’t violate the forward momentum rule (and I think it could be argued either way) it surely violates the spirit of it. 

Guys are are going to keep pushing the boundaries until it gets called, though. 

IMO if it’s close it should be called. Or they should adjust the rule to make guys maintain a bit more speed. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think I figured out Housely’s strategy. It involves having the opponent skate circles around us the entire game until such time as they wear themselves out and we get a chance.

Housley with the patented move to have Sobotka take a key O zone faceoff in the left circle (‘cause, you know, that’s his specialty and all) with our goalie pulled in favor of the extra attacker; worked like a charm. 

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Outshot 40-10 with 5 minutes left. When you quit on coach... what is the answer?

The answer is to just be patient as JBotts fills the roster with All Stars over the next 8 years and Housley can finally show he’s a good coach. 

Not encouraged by the post game remarks. It’s clear that the players and Housley are not on the same page. Players say we need to be more physical, Housely says gotta execute before you can be physical. WTF does that even mean.

I am officially concerned that Skinner will look to sign elsewhere of this keeps up. 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

What did jack do? Anyone have a clip?

found it

Im not sure of that “hit”. Seems like it’s more of a collision. Both players were making a play to the puck, not really sure I saw anything malicious from Jack. 

3 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

Im not sure of that “hit”. Seems like it’s more of a collision. Both players were making a play to the puck, not really sure I saw anything malicious from Jack. 

Kyle Keefe should be happy he has a job if he thinks that's a five minute penalty....

On 3/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, K-9 said:

Hutton looking like Sabre Lehner. Lack of a quality #1 goalie is our biggest issue, especially given the game Housley prefers to play. 

You could have Ken Dryden in goal, but it really doesn't matter when (a) you don't score and (b) you're getting outshot 40-8 through the first 50 minutes.