BillsFan4

Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19 (Next game: Thursday @ 7:30 vs Tampa)

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I need someone to help here. I am such a bad  sports gambler outside of NFL, I really want to unload on this game at + 215 as I feel it should be closer to +350... someone knows something. 

Just upped a bit, don’t want to go on tilt to much , but something just smells fishy here. Either way, kinda warm tonight, expected to be 49 game time, 40 at 10. Yes @Augie, that is warm. Outside game tonight plenty o Genny’s, nice bet on the Sabres nose, good fire  , good Thursday night. 

Will you be wearing pants, for a change? 

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Will you be wearing pants, for a change? 

I actually do. Night tome below 50, pants. Daytime below 45. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I fully understand the position Botterill is in and I'd never suggest he throw Housley under the bus. I'd find that unprofessional and unacceptable. 

But I also cannot accept the turd sandwich he threw out there for our consumption yesterday. I had hoped he was smarter than that. Worse, he may actually believe that giving effort and playing hard is some sort of achievement, when it's the bare minimum requirement. No great shakes in that department and I give Housley no credit for that. Every team in the league plays hard most nights. 

Like I said, it sounds like Botterill and Co. are confusing effort with results. This team has been treading water, nothing more. 

And if Housley needs "his players" to implement "his system" and we need to wait years for that or we have to wait for a team full of All Stars before we can say he's a good coach or not is a crock, imo. Good coaches can exhibit good traits, regardless of the talent level on their team. They especially need show good coaching ability when the talent level isn't optimal. I've seen precious little of that from him so far. 

But I'm sure he'll be a great coach when he has that team of All Stars at his disposal. 

Maybe it is just me being a skeptic, but unless a GM is announcing an injury, a trade, a lineup change, details of a new contract, or a coaching change, I just expect to be served a turd sandwich.

As for Housley, I’ve pretty much already said what I think about system coaches.  They, to me, are a waste of time — especially if they don’t work out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Maybe it is just me being a skeptic, but unless a GM is announcing an injury, a trade, a lineup change, details of a new contract, or a coaching change, I just expect to be served a turd sandwich.

As for Housley, I’ve pretty much already said what I think about system coaches.  They, to me, are a waste of time — especially if they don’t work out. 

I agree about expecting turd sandwiches. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called out when they do offer it up, though.

Some turd sandwiches are more revealing than others. As such, I’m concerned about what Botterill considers progress and success.

• Like (+1) 1

Damn, that’s brutal. All 3 scratched for precautionary reasons (the trade deadline is Monday). Probably means all 3 are gone. We know Duchene is for sure (and they still owe the Avs their 1st this year, which could be #1 oa), and now it seems likely Stone and Dzingel are gone too (and both supposedly wanted to stay). 

Poor Ottawa fans. 

(and they are down 4-0 to NJ)

Edited by BillsFan4

Why was that a penalty on Risto? 

Loked like a perfectly clean hit to me. 

Edit -  tripping?!!   Get ****** refs. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1