Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

Another loss in Carolina, good for our 7th in a row.

59 point season pace since the 10 game win streak ended on November 27th.

Botterill and Housley both need to be terminated at season's end.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Another loss in Carolina, good for our 7th in a row.

59 point season pace since the 10 game win streak ended on November 27th.

Botterill and Housley both need to be terminated at season's end.

Housley saw massive improvement last night.  We scored over a trillion times as many goals as we had in the last three games combined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Sabres had a better year than could have been honestly expected.

be grateful for that, lots of worse things can happen, for 20 straight years with some teams

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Sabres have real concerns next year about getting folks to buy tickets. It’s getting real old.

Seems logical, but a lot of folks seem to attend games simply because it's something to do.  I'm not sure the on-ice product matters a lot to that demographic.

And of course you have the opposing team fanbases who are interested in buying tickets depending on who we are playing.

You also have the Canadian demographic, many of whom are not Sabres fans to begin with, but who enjoy being able to easily and cheaply watch NHL hockey.

Will be interesting to see how ticket sales are affected.  God Knows the atmosphere in the building can't get much worse.

CAN IT !?!???!?!?!

:(

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Seems logical, but a lot of folks seem to attend games simply because it's something to do.  I'm not sure the on-ice product matters a lot to that demographic.

And of course you have the opposing team fanbases who are interested in buying tickets depending on who we are playing.

You also have the Canadian demographic, many of whom are not Sabres fans to begin with, but who enjoy being able to easily and cheaply watch NHL hockey.

Will be interesting to see how ticket sales are affected.  God Knows the atmosphere in the building can't get much worse.

CAN IT !?!???!?!?!

:(

i can tell you this..2nd game last season, home game vs the Rangers..i would say 14K there at best.Gunna be a lot less this coming year if nothing changes to jack the fan base

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i can tell you this..2nd game last season, home game vs the Rangers..i would say 14K there at best.Gunna be a lot less this coming year if nothing changes to jack the fan base

I agree entirely. 

My question is, what can they possibly do to jack the fan base? Fans that I talk to, while happy to see a coaching change, a high lottery pick, and a decent trade or two, will not be swayed one way or the other. We’ve played that tune a few times in the last eight years and it won’t play any more with fans who know better. 

This season was the season that broke the camel’s back. The organization has ZERO credibility. And the ONLY thing that will change hearts and minds is winning. Which is why it may be a long time before fans trust this team again. Perhaps years, unless a miracle turnaround happens. 

I’ll just go ahead and say it and I don’t care that it’s a sacrilege to many, but sometimes Eichel plays like a complete bum. Talk about looking like a player trying to get a coach fired. He’s just out for a Sunday afternoon skate today. Way to appreciate your fans, Eichel.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not going to over-interpret this win. But what has been one of the primary reasons why this season has turned out to be a disappointment is the caliber of goaltiending. Today, Hutton played well and allowed his team to stay in the game. There have been too many soft goals that have deflated this weak-minded team. If we could have gotten just above average goaltending we could have easily had another ten points added to the ledger.

I thought that the Sheary-Rodrigues-Nylander played well. All the members of that line can skate and create space. The pass out of the zone from Dahlin to Nylander to Sheary was exquisite. I believe that Nylander is going to be an entrenched player on the roster next year. He embodies what the GM espouses in developing your own players and not to rush them.  

I realize that my perspective about this hockey team isin the distinct minority here. After watching this game I am more entrenched in my view. I am convinced that it would be a horrible mistake to make a coaching change. The coach is working with players such as Mitts and Tage who were rushed into NHL action and are learning through their mistakes on the ice. 

The sequence of hitting in the third period got the crowd and team aroused. It would have been a shame to lose this game. The fans deserved an entertaining game, and they got it.

I'm not part of the majority crowd that believes that this team and organization is in a state of chaos. With a few significant additions this offseason and the development of the young players on the roster and in the system this team is going to be a competitive team next year. The distance between success and failure is not very much. Trust the process and let it run its natural course. There is no other way that is better. 

Every crap team in the league can say if they’d gotten better goaltending they could have had 10 more points. 

The second worst record in the league since November and it’s back to trusting “the process?” After being the being the first worst team last season?  Really? Not this former sap of a fan, I’ve had enough of this charmin soft group posing as an NHL team. This is a heartless bunch whose lack of skill is only surpassed by their lack of integrity for the game. 

Like I’ve said many times before; you play like you practice and you practice like you’re coached. I know Housley will be back and so will his sorry ability to develop young talent, make idiotic lineup decisions, enforce selective accountability, and total inability to lead. And so will half the sorry ass players on this team. 

This coach and these players deserve each other. The great fans of Buffalo certainly don’t. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Every crap team in the league can say if they’d gotten better goaltending they could have had 10 more points. 

The second worst record in the league since November and it’s back to trusting “the process?” After being the being the first worst team last season?  Really? Not this former sap of a fan, I’ve had enough of this charmin soft group posing as an NHL team. This is a heartless bunch whose lack of skill is only surpassed by their lack of integrity for the game. 

Like I’ve said many times before; you play like you practice and you practice like you’re coached. I know Housley will be back and so will his sorry ability to develop young talent, make idiotic lineup decisions, enforce selective accountability, and total inability to lead. And so will half the sorry ass players on this team. 

This coach and these players deserve each other. The great fans of Buffalo certainly don’t. 

The Sabres won. I'll take it. This is far from a complete team. There isn't enough talent throughout the roster. That's the reality. Without question this season has been a disappointment but players such as Mitts, Tage and Ullmark were rushed and weren't yet ready for this level of play.  Will it benefit them in the long run? I believe so but we'll just have to see. 

You can blame how this season materialized on the coach, I don't. The core problem is the talent-level. And that issue wasn't going to be satisfactorily resolved this season. Sometimes you are what you are. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Sabres won. I'll take it. This is far from a complete team. There isn't enough talent throughout the roster. That's the reality. Without question this season has been a disappointment but players such as Mitts, Tage and Ullmark were rushed and weren't yet ready for this level of play.  Will it benefit them in the long run? I believe so but we'll just have to see. 

You can blame how this season materialized on the coach, I don't. The core problem is the talent-level. And that issue wasn't going to be satisfactorily resolved this season. Sometimes you are what you are. 

Indeed, we are what we are; a group of mostly untalented players led by a group of untalented coaches.

And half the untalented players and all of the untalented coaches will be back next year. 

Lucky us.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Tank tank tank.  Then set the world on fire 

It feels like we've been tanking forever. I was a 9 year old kid when we got the Sabres... until then it was Leafs hockey on the black and white. One decent push and we fade into the oblivion... I get you alright, tank  tank tank.