Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Media predicting Panarin is going to get booed tonight 

Dont know why fans would get mad at a guy wanting to get max value for his services. Or I am missing something Yolo? Has he just said flat out he will not sign in Columbus? And thinking about that, if that is his position bully on him for being honest about it...then it is up to the club to decide what they want to do and not be blindsided.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

If Pilut is not on the ice tonight, and Scandella is,  I fire Housley immediately.

Better brace yourself. 

For Pilut not being in the lineup. Can’t see JBotts canning Housley until after the season. 

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dont know why fans would get mad at a guy wanting to get max value for his services. Or I am missing something Yolo? Has he just said flat out he will not sign in Columbus? And thinking about that, if that is his position bully on him for being honest about it...then it is up to the club to decide what they want to do and not be blindsided.

His agent said he won’t discuss his future until after the season, and it’s been long discussed he wants to live near the ocean and/or a huge market. A local distillery even offered him free vodka for life if he signs here. Haha. It’s pretty much the writing on the wall that he won’t, and now the decision becomes whether to keep him for the playoff run or trade him before the deadline so you don’t lose him for nothing. It’s tough because they are a good team, but not do good that you assume they are Cup contenders. 

I certainly don’t advocate the booing. He’s played great. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

His agent said he won’t discuss his future until after the season, and it’s been long discussed he wants to live near the ocean and/or a huge market. A local distillery even offered him free vodka for life if he signs here. Haha. It’s pretty much the writing on the wall that he won’t, and now the decision becomes whether to keep him for the playoff run or trade him before the deadline so you don’t lose him for nothing. It’s tough because they are a good team, but not do good that you assume they are Cup contenders. 

I certainly don’t advocate the booing. He’s played great. 

so he is going to exercise his rights to hit free agency..i still would not boo..just like I will not boo Skinner if he decides to go to free agency.

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so he is going to exercise his rights to hit free agency..i still would not boo..just like I will not boo Skinner if he decides to go to free agency.

The difference being that Skinner hadn't put word  that he won't sign in Buffalo.   I imagine if he had, he'd be booed too. 

12 minutes ago, GG said:

The difference being that Skinner hadn't put word  that he won't sign in Buffalo.   I imagine if he had, he'd be booed too. 

Well, to be fair Panarin has not said that either, just that he will not negotiate during the season..his right. Skinners right too. Anyone approaching Free Agency this far along I think is smart to go to UDFA. If I was Skinner's agent, I would 100% advise him to go to free agency and see what plays out. 

I doubt Stamkos got booed when he would not negotiate in season, but i could be wrong there.

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, to be fair Panarin has not said that either, just that he will not negotiate during the season..his right. Skinners right too. Anyone approaching Free Agency this far along I think is smart to go to UDFA. If I was Skinner's agent, I would 100% advise him to go to free agency and see what plays out. 

I doubt Stamkos got booed when he would not negotiate in season, but i could be wrong there.

Skinner’s agent has been putting out the bat signals that he wants to stay. Panarin’s has been doing the opposite for a long time. This isn’t surprising but it’s a gut punch for CBJ fans hoping he would stay if they were really good but it’s all about the city. And i don’t think Bobrovsky will be here either and that’s his buddy. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Skinner’s agent has been putting out the bat signals that he wants to stay. Panarin’s has been doing the opposite for a long time. This isn’t surprising but it’s a gut punch for CBJ fans hoping he would stay if they were really good but it’s all about the city. And i don’t think Bobrovsky will be here either and that’s his buddy. 

Panarin’s agent made it very clear before the season even started that Panarin wouldn’t be signing in Columbus before free agency. He even went as far as to say “I’d trade Panarin if I were Columbus”. 

The agent and panarin went went out of their way to give Columbus plenty of notice, and even said that they told Columbus so early because they wanted to be fair to them.

So, IMO It is totally on Columbus for deciding to keep him. I can’t blame them for hoping that he’s change his mind, but it’s not Panarin’s fault at all IMO. He was traded there after signing in a big city (Chicago). 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I get why fans would be cranky, I just don't agree with it. And I hate to compare athletes to us working stiffs..but those same fans would go nuts if their employer said you need to move to Detroit and work for less money than you would get from someone else. 

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Panarin’s agent made it very clear before the season even started that Panarin wouldn’t be signing in Columbus before free agency. He even went as far as to say “I’d trade Panarin if I were Columbus”. 

The agent and panarin went went out of their way to give Columbus plenty of notice, and even said that they told Columbus so early because they wanted to be fair to them.

So, IMO It is totally on Columbus for deciding to keep him. I can’t blame them for hoping that he’s change his mind, but it’s not Panarin’s fault at all IMO. He was traded there after signing in a big city (Chicago). 

I totally agree, they rolled the dice to see if they could get him to stay. I don’t see it as his fault but then again I’m not an avid CBJ fan. I don’t care if he’s here. I think he’s a great talent,  but it’s not something i care that much about. 

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I get why fans would be cranky, I just don't agree with it. And I hate to compare athletes to us working stiffs..but those same fans would go nuts if their employer said you need to move to Detroit and work for less money than you would get from someone else. 

Fans are stupid. I don’t agree with it either,  but then again the same fans booed Rick Nash every time he came back here to play after he was traded. And the man has gone a ton for the city and lives here in the offseason with his family! 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just listened to Housley interview on GR. FiRe this guy now. “ every game is important now”.. okay. 

Jeremy asked about Pilut and his analytics , Housley countered playing decisions are based on results and wins and losses. Uhh, seems to me Scandella been in the ice for every freaking loss!

and please explain throwing Hutton out there..and his losses, and his giveaways,  and his save percentage..so reults only count if you are a rookie? Vets get to make as many mistakes as they want?

fire him NOW!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

I am not at all surprised to see Pilut sit tonight. He is young and he had a very rough game in his last outing. His mistakes last game led to at least 2 goals against (I think it may have actually even been 3 iirc).

NHL coaches prefer experience. This is nothing new. IMO, most veteran coaches are worse than Housley when it comes to playing youth vs relying on veterans. 

Housley has a lot of young players in the lineup as it is. More than many/most teams. He is actually giving the young guys more opportunity than a lot of other experienced coaches around the NHL give their young players. 

Though I’d prefer Pilut in the lineup to Hunwick, I understand why Housley is going with a bit more experience tonight, in a crucial game. We have 3 games in hand on Montreal and it is vital to our playoff hopes that we make up ground. They are currently 7 points ahead. We have a chance to make up 6 of those 7 points. 

Housley talked about how he wants the team to tighten down their game and not make so many mistakes so it doesn’t surprise me that he is going with experience over youth. This team has kind of been living and dying by these young guy’s mistakes all season. If they are serious about making a playoff push I can understand why he feels that limiting all these mistakes is so important. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just listened to Housley interview on GR. FiRe this guy now. “ every game is important now”.. okay. 

Jeremy asked about Pilut and his analytics , Housley countered playing decisions are based on results and wins and losses. Uhh, seems to me Scandella been in the ice for every freaking loss!

and please explain throwing Hutton out there..and his losses, and his giveaways,  and his save percentage..so reults only count if you are a rookie? Vets get to make as many mistakes as they want?

fire him NOW!

F-ing rclueless. 

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So if results are what determine playing time, Hutton needs to sit. Ullmark needs to be # 1 , been obvious for 6 weeks. 

Hutton, like Scandella, brings that calm, steady, veteran presence that Housley values so highly.