Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

https://www.nhl.com/fans/all-star

2019 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend

NHL All-Star Skills, Jan 25, 9pm ET │ NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS 

Honda NHL All-Star Game, Jan 26, 8pm ET │ NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

https://www.nhl.com/news/key-advanced-statistics-for-all-star-game-standouts/c-304173292?tid=277549086

“Skinner, Crosby, Josi, Burns stand out from other all-stars”

Skinner has scored 30 goals this season which is tied for second in the NHL.....

He is also second in the NHL in goals per 60 at 2.04 (minimum 45 games)....

Part of Skinner's all-star caliber season has been his ability to score at even strength, where he ranks fourth with 23 goals... Skinner also is tied for second in game-winning goals with seven. However, the difference between Skinner and other top goal-scorers is his shot volume. He's tied for 25th in the NHL with 153 shots on goal, but his 19.6 shooting percentage is ninth among skaters to have played at least 45 games.

Edited by BillsFan4

I have no issue just keeping the thread title simple if that’s what everyone wants. 

I just remember some people saying in the old Sabres thread that they relied on the thread title to know when the next Sabres game was, that’s why I did it that way. 

Let me know what you all want me to do. It doesn’t matter to me either way. 

21 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

There is a Rochester Americans game being broadcast on MSG tomorrow night (at 7pm) for anyone interested. 

It is 1 of only 3 games MSG is broadcasting this year. 

*****, wish it was tonight, I need an excuse to drink on Thursdays..Fridays are built in!!

Plus, I could come up with more trade scenarios to piss off @JohnC

Trade the whole lot of em

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Please take this to the controversial topic thread. ? 

I like it, I am lazy, like knowing when next game is.

Not lazy enough apparently.  The truly lazy person (me) stops reading the thread title after the second word.

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

*****, wish it was tonight, I need an excuse to drink on Thursdays..Fridays are built in!!

Plus, I could come up with more trade scenarios to piss off @JohnC

Trade the whole lot of em

You are becoming more irascible and more of a curmudgeon as the season advances than I am. That's quite an achievement! And, I'm waiting for one of your hallucinogenic trade scenarios that you are great at that will knock me out. How about having an auction for Okposo and Sobotka? Do you think we can get a bag of stale bagels for these two dynamos? :)

Edited by JohnC
  • Haha (+1) 1

Your 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are becoming more irascible and more of a curmudgeon as the season advances than I am. That's quite an achievement! And, I'm waiting for one of your hallucinogenic trade scenarios that you are great at that will knock me out. How about having an auction for Okposo and Sobotka? Do you think we can get a bag of stale bagels for these two dynamos? :)

damn, your posts make me laugh!!! I have too look up most words, but all good!

In all seriousness, if you can find a way to trade those two, you should immediately take over for JBotts. I really don't know right now,, is there any squad out there struggling to get to the floor that we could trade Kyle, Sobotka and a first for 6th?

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Your 

In all seriousness, if you can find a way to trade those two, you should immediately take over for JBotts. I really don't know right now,, is there any squad out there struggling to get to the floor that we could trade Kyle, Sobotka and a first for 6th?

you

[yoo; unstressed yoo, yuh]

pronoun, possessive your or yours, objective you, plural you.

1. the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
2. one; anyone; people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
3. (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
4. Informal . (used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Your 

I aim to serve. :)

With respect to your trade question especially for Okposo what weighs him down is his contract and the length of time it still is in effect. I just don't see any organization dumb enough to bail us out. That's why I hector him so much about his lack of roughing it up in front of the net in the offensive zone. He is actually a tough hombre who is difficult to knock off the puck when he has it. But that's the problem with him in that he refuses to change his style of play to help us in an area that is lacking i.e. muck it up in front of the nest. If we have to be stuck with him it might be useful to get more utility out of his game. 

Edited by JohnC

Hold the fort on trading Okposo; he’s doing well with Angry Larry and Girgs on the mucker line. Yes, we are paying nearly six times what a typical winger on such a line usually commands, but he’s not the offensive force he once was and that contract prevents us from moving him to a team not in the market for a 4th line mucker.

He may be a grossly overpaid mucker, but he’s our grossly overpaid mucker.

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hold the fort on trading Okposo; he’s doing well with Angry Larry and Girgs on the mucker line. Yes, we are paying nearly six times what a typical winger on such a line usually commands, but he’s not the offensive force he once was and that contract prevents us from moving him to a team not in the market for a 4th line mucker.

He may be a grossly overpaid mucker, but he’s our grossly overpaid mucker.

would you trade him and 1st for a 6th? I would consider it

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

would you trade him and 1st for a 6th? I would consider it

Nah. He's found his niche. Finally. Albeit the exact opposite niche he was expected to find here. Then again, Angry Larry and Girgs, regardless of who fills the other wing, have been driving play all season, so he may not be as valuable there as I think. 

JohnC is right about Okposo in that he doesn't want to park his big, strong frame out front and engage often enough. I wonder if he's a little shell shocked after that concussion and subsequent threat to his life. Can't say as I blame him if that's the case. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Those words shall never be spoken again, here or anywhere else.

(but i do agree)

JohnC is right about a lot of things, including this Sabres team. Not selling our prospects for a (miniscule) chance at the playoffs, for instance. 

I'm hoping he's right about a 20 point increase in the standings over last year, but I can't see it since the Sabres have to play .500 hockey to get there. Outside of that fluky streak, .500 hockey is something Housley and Co. haven't come close to achieving.