New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

I cannot comprehend this line of 'thinking'

Having been at thousands of births, many a few days early, they are cheering killing a baby.

I don't understand why anyone cares. 

Late term abortions represent about 1.3% of all abortions in the US. 

Babies are literally never aborted the day before the due date unless the baby is completely unviable or the mother's health is in grave danger. 

Based off data, 50 to 250 total babies were aborted after the 28th week in 2018. 

Right wing media would lead you to believe this type of thing is happening all the time, when in reality it's not a common occurrence whatsoever. 

I have two healthy kids and could never have imagined having to abort either pregnancy. However, I simply couldn't care less if something like this happens at the rate it actually happen. 

Edited by jrober38

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Babies are literally never aborted the day before the due date unless the baby is completely unviable or the mother's health is in grave danger. 

Based off data, 50 to 250 total babies were aborted after the 28th week in 2018. 

Right wing media would lead you to believe this type of thing is happening all the time, when in reality it's not a common occurrence whatsoever. 

I have two healthy kids and could never have imagined having to abort either pregnancy. However, I simply couldn't care less if something like this happens at the rate it actually happen. 

I assume, then, that if 1.3% (that’s 1 in 77) infant fatalities were caused by people having their own children hacked to death or drawn and quartered, you’d be totally cool with that as well?

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I assume, then, that if 1.3% (that’s 1 in 77) infant fatalities were caused by people having their own children hacked to death or drawn and quartered, you’d be totally cool with that as well?

Honestly I don't care.

Anyone choosing to have an abortion is doing so for whatever reason they choose. 

Maybe they were raped, maybe the baby is expected to have major disabilities, maybe the mother's life is in danger.

250 "full term" babies, of which a good chunk probably won't survive long beyond birth due to birth defects or missing organs in a country of 330 MILLION people isn't something I care much about. 

35 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Honestly I don't care.

Anyone choosing to have an abortion is doing so for whatever reason they choose. 

Maybe they were raped, maybe the baby is expected to have major disabilities, maybe the mother's life is in danger.

250 "full term" babies, of which a good chunk probably won't survive long beyond birth due to birth defects or missing organs in a country of 330 MILLION people isn't something I care much about. 

20 minutes spent telling us you don't care....

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Honestly I don't care.

Does anything change if the child is born, and 10-30 minutes later the woman decides to terminate the child's life?  Let's assume the numbers are the same.  250 babies born, let's even say 10% suffer from birth defects ranging from Down's Syndrome to birthmarks to cleft palate.  Some have an unknown father/sperm donor, and some women say they were victims of sexual assault. 

All good? 

And, what's up with putting "full term" in quotes?  Is there a fuller term? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

[...]

The current position of the Democratic Party is that it should be 1) much more common, 2) elective for the convenience of the mother, and 3) fully taxpayer-funded despite being elective.

You don't understand why people care?  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Does anything change if the child is born, and 10-30 minutes later the woman decides to terminate the child's life?  Let's assume the numbers are the same.  250 babies born, let's even say 10% suffer from birth defects ranging from Down's Syndrome to birthmarks to cleft palate.  Some have an unknown father/sperm donor, and some women say they were victims of sexual assault. 

All good? 

And, what's up with putting "full term" in quotes?  Is there a fuller term? 

Because a baby is considered late term for roughly 50% of a pregnancy. 

Late term is once a baby reaches 20 weeks.

If all goes to plan, a baby should be in the womb for 39 weeks.

1.3% of all albortions are late term, and only up to 250 of those happen after the 28th week, how many of those do you think happen in the final days leading up to a due date?

How many do you think happen after a baby is born?

Your probably talking about fewer than 10 abortions a year in a country of 330 million people.

Think of all the things in the world no one cares about that kill more than 10 Americans per year. There are a ton of them.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

The current position of the Democratic Party is that it should be 1) much more common, 2) elective for the convenience of the mother, and 3) fully taxpayer-funded despite being elective.

You don't understand why people care?  

1 and 2 aren't true.

3 is true mostly because the Democratic Party believes tax payers should fund all health care. 

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why does anyone care? Really? There are a grand total of Ten Commandments. Did you skip over the one about Thou Shalt Not Kill? That’s one of the simpler ones! 

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I have two healthy kids and could never have imagined having to abort either pregnancy. However,

I simply couldn't care less if something like this happens at the rate it actually happen. 

I am glad that I read this while I was down in Pennsylvania and unable to immediately respond.

It gave me a chance to calm down.

The fact that you have to ask if it is commonplace is a dead giveaway of either your ignorance on abortion or your deliberate blindness

Your attempts to sound "fair to all sides" is a losing one.

Even if it was just one baby aborted out of the 300 million in the US the day before it was to be born..........................What is your response to a Democrat candidate for President saying that a baby COULD be aborted at 9 1/2 months and his band of followers CHEERING that statement.

Don't hide behind the "what if" numbers that you keep parroting,

My wife was an OB nurse for over twenty years, and as I have stated, in my capacity as Nursing Supervisor at several hospitals, I have been involved with ALL facets of Maternity and childbirth.

Honestly I don't care.

Maybe they just don't want the responsibility, 

You also bring out the all-time favorite of the excuses...............the life of the mother............(Ironic, your use of the term mother instead of woman)

There is NO situation in the third trimester where the baby cannot be delivered instead of aborted to save the 'mother's life

Reminder from earlier in the thread.

I want to clear something up so that there is absolutely no doubt.

I’m a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies.

There’s not a single fetal or maternal condition that requires third trimester abortion.

Not one. Delivery, yes. Abortion, no.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:44 AM, TakeYouToTasker said:

There are no medical scenarios which require a doctor to kill a baby before delivering it for the physical health of the mother.  None.

The baby is completely viable in the third term, and is being delivered either way.  Killing is first is 100% elective, and serves no medical purpose.

This is precisely the reason "health" was left vague within the law

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Because a baby is considered late term for roughly 50% of a pregnancy. 

Late term is once a baby reaches 20 weeks.

If all goes to plan, a baby should be in the womb for 39 weeks.

1.3% of all albortions are late term, and only up to 250 of those happen after the 28th week, how many of those do you think happen in the final days leading up to a due date?

How many do you think happen after a baby is born?

Your probably talking about fewer than 10 abortions a year in a country of 330 million people.

Think of all the things in the world no one cares about that kill more than 10 Americans per year. There are a ton of them.

1 and 2 aren't true.

3 is true mostly because the Democratic Party believes tax payers should fund all health care. 

Ah, I see.  I thought maybe your perspective was that full term was reached when a fetus turned 18. 

You sidestepped the rest of the scenario, which is your right as the woman that carried you  chose not to abort you an hour/a day/two weeks before you passed from one side of the flesh to the other.  Lucky you.  

I really just wondered if things changed when the legal argument moved from a persons right to choose to a question of infanticide.  I'm guessing not, given the relatively high percentage of children not killed by their parents. 

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, I see.  I thought maybe your perspective was that full term was reached when a fetus turned 18. 

You sidestepped the rest of the scenario, which is your right as the woman that carried you  chose not to abort you an hour/a day/two weeks before you passed from one side of the flesh to the other.  Lucky you.  

I really just wondered if things changed when the legal argument moved from a persons right to choose to a question of infanticide.  I'm guessing not, given the relatively high percentage of children not killed by their parents. 

Do you actually think people are out there in the US killing infants after they've been born?

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Do you actually think people are out there in the US killing infants after they've been born?

What do you think the intended outcome of this was?

Newborn Baby Found Alive in Dumpster After Allegedly Being Abandoned by Teen Mom

You can find these types of stories every month, except most of them end with a dead newborn. And these are the only the ones that make the news, because they were not done in the presence of a "health" worker.

I believe these were posted earlier in the thread (although i think this a longer, and even more ridiculous, Kathy Tran video):

• Like (+1) 1

I am sure the number is extremely low

So......................to quote another poster........

19 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I have two healthy kids and could never have imagined having to abort either pregnancy.

However, I simply couldn't care less if something like this happens at the rate it actually happen. 

In Court Hearing, Planned Parenthood Employee Admits To Trafficking In Baby Body Parts

by Lauren Fink

Original Article

Day one of the preliminary hearing for pro-life activist David Daleiden kicked off Tuesday morning at the San Francisco Superior Court with testimony from an abortion technician, a third-trimester abortionist, and a vice president of the National Abortion Federation, who testified she doesn’t know what a human tissue procurement company is or does.

NAF Vice President of External Affairs Melissa Fowler also testified she recognized StemExpress—a human tissue procurement lab exposed in Daleiden’s undercover videos that is now under federal investigation—as a repeat vendor of her for-profit organization. NAF is a third-party abortion trade group.

• Like (+1) 1