New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

As per usual.....................that "conservatives don't care about babies after they are born" lie..........is easy to disprove.

To anyone who has 3 digits in their IQ and eyes open enough to see the real world.

She asked what pro-lifers have done to help low-income single mothers, and she got answers

Twitter is all about abortion Wednesday after Alabama’s abortion ban was signed into law, and last we checked, #AlabamaAbortionBan is the top trending topic in the United States.

All of which means the pro-choice crowd is out in force, doing everything it can to demonize all pro-lifers and bringing out the old saw that pro-lifers only care about the baby until it’s born.

Blue-check author Sarah Tuttle-Singer asked what pro-lifers have done for low-income single mothers:

No need to wait....................there are answers ALL around you.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/05/15/she-asked-what-pro-lifers-have-done-to-help-low-income-single-mothers-and-she-got-answers/

Personal anecdotes are great - good for those folks. What laws has Alabama passed to provide support to those who would otherwise get an abortion?

55 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

As per usual, George Carlin hits the nail on the head

D6srpg9XoAErQ4_.jpg

No, Carlin is obfuscating here.

The philosophy is this:

The proper role of government, its primary purpose in fact, is to protect the rights of the individuals it proposes to govern by establishing and enforcing law to those ends.  Necessarily primary amongst those rights, the right to life.

Conversely it is most certainly not the proper role of government to absolve individuals of their absolute responsibility to provide for their children.

Edit:  also important to note that the overwhelming amount of resources directed at support for single mothers, early child care, and adoption placement comes from pro-life groups.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

Personal anecdotes are great - good for those folks. What laws has Alabama passed to provide support to those who would otherwise get an abortion?

GoodLord..........................you really don't think that Alabama has welfare programs in place (for 60 years) for the poor who need it

Maybe they just exclude single mothers.................right?

More lefty thinking

This JRehling fellow really thought he had a gotcha here.   Yeah, it’s painful.

Just like the eggs of a woman who is not pregnant, no cocck was involved in the creation of this egg.

Edited by B-Man

More men weigh in on this women's health issue

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/conservatives-against-alabama-abortion-law

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Thursday that the Alabama law banning abortion without an exception for rape and ***** goes too far.

“I believe in exceptions for rape, ***** and life of the mother, and that’s what I’ve voted on,” he said at his weekly press conference on Capitol Hill.

Conservative writer Erick Erickson was also wary of the law’s lack of an exception for rape and *****, arguing that he does not support making rape victims suffer by carrying a child to term.

“I also think we risk turning people against the cause by a dogmatic insistence on getting rid of an exception for rape,” he wrote. “We can pat ourselves on the back for our purity to the cause, but will ultimately doom our cause by treating a complicated issue as an easy choice of choosing the victim we cannot see for the victim we can see.”

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Ah yes, the “I get my political talking points from comedians” ######s.

George was innovative and refreshing

then 1971 rolled around and it was the same old same old same old until he died

3 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

Inconvenience is not a justifiable excuse to kill a human being.

Again, it is not the proper role of government to absolve parents of their responsibility to provide and care for their children.

The proper role of government is to provide and enforce law which protects the rights of the individuals it proposes to govern.  Amongst these the right to life is tantamount.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

More men weigh in on this women's health issue

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/conservatives-against-alabama-abortion-law

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Thursday that the Alabama law banning abortion without an exception for rape and ***** goes too far.

That actually went through?  Are both parties trying to see what are the most extreme state laws we can pass regarding abortion that only a small minority in the country favor?  If the goal is to overturn Roe vs. Wade I doubt the Supreme Court even takes up that case without those exceptions.

Edited by Doc Brown

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That actually went through?  Are both parties trying to see what are the most extreme laws we can pass regarding abortion that only a small minority in the country favor?  If the goal is to overturn Roe vs. Wade I doubt the Supreme Court even takes up that case without those exceptions.

Actually I heard a discussion yesterday on the radio between a moderator, a woman who had been raped and a woman who was against abortion, even in the instance of rape. The woman who was against rape regardless of the circumstances made the point that if you were of the belief that the baby was alive, and it was murder to abort at any point in the pregnancy, then it would also be murder to abort a baby created out of rape or *****. I agree with that assessment. Now, before one of our idiot posters here starts making a big deal out of that I haven't made my mind up when an embryo should be considered viable or a living baby. I know it's not the morning after but I certainly know that that the point that a woman is dilating is way too late for an abortion.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Actually I heard a discussion yesterday on the radio between a moderator, a woman who had been raped and a woman who was against abortion, even in the instance of rape. The woman who was against rape regardless of the circumstances made the point that if you were of the belief that the baby was alive, and it was murder to abort at any point in the pregnancy, then it would also be murder to abort a baby created out of rape or *****. I agree with that assessment. Now, before one of our idiot posters here starts making a big deal out of that I haven't made my mind up when an embryo should be considered viable or a living baby. I know it's not the morning after but I certainly know that that the point that a woman is dilating is way too late for an abortion.

One thing we can agree on is that we all should be against rape regardless of the circumstances.  That's still an extreme position forcing somebody who through no fault of their own becomes pregnant to be forced to have that baby.  It should be left for the victim of the rape to decide.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

One thing we can agree on is that we all should be against rape regardless of the circumstances.  That's still an extreme position forcing somebody who through no fault of their own becomes pregnant to be forced to have that baby.  It should be left for the victim of the rape to decide.

Question: why is rape a crime?

Please note, I'm not advocating for rape, I'm asking for your definition as to what makes it a crime.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There should be no difference between how a person gets pregnant as it pertains to abortion. If it's considered murder after the first trimester for a baby conceived out of love then it's still murder of a baby even if it was conceived during a rape. The Alabama law was passed for one reason and that was to get it reviewed by the SCOTUS.

20 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

As per usual, George Carlin hits the nail on the head

D6srpg9XoAErQ4_.jpg

Completely ridiculous and untrue.

Conservatives have NEVER been against helping the poor.  They have NEVER been against helping the sick. 

They just don't believe the government is the answer to fixing all of these problems.

The government is inefficient, wasteful and corrupt.  Absolutely nobody can dispute this.  Take a look around and see how your tax dollars are used.  Despite the ridiculous amount of money brought in each year, most school districts are failing terribly to properly educate the kids.  Highways, bridges and other infrastructure are falling apart.  Why would I want to put the ones responsible for this MESS in charge of MORE things?  People pushing for free "Medicare for all" have no idea how much this would actually cost them in taxes.  And what happens when our government runs out of money to pay for it (like they always do)...

Regarding Carlin's comments, I've NEVER heard of a conservative against food stamps, school lunch, limited unemployment benefits or a certain level of welfare.  The problem is, all of the government handouts in the world will NEVER succeed in getting anyone out of poverty.  History has proven this time and time again.  If anything, it creates a culture of people dependent on the government to support them.  The only thing that will make a poor person successful, is a good job and a hard work ethic. 

I would much rather contribute my hard-earned dollars towards a charity of my choice.  Or help pay for someone's doctor bills with a Go Fund Me page.  Or donate food and clothes to the local food pantry.  Or send money to disaster relief.  Most of the conservatives I know are VERY generous and compassionate in helping people.  They just prefer to do it THIS WAY, instead of supporting yet another government spending spree.

• Like (+1) 3