New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The moral outrage is all theatre. The right wing doesn't give a snap about fetuses or anything. They are just latching onto this issue (which I get a lot of other people truly care about) to try and get some moral high ground which they totally lack on almost every other issue. The are pro-life but anti-healthcare, they are pro-life but want to take away asylum seekers rights, they are pro-life but want to put the squeeze on children getting public assistance. Donald Trump is now pro-life, I mean give me a break 

Most folks on the right would refuse to rob an innocent person to pay for another persons healthcare. A wrong for the right reason is still wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Most folks on the right would refuse to rob an innocent person to pay for another persons healthcare. A wrong for the right reason is still wrong.

Providing health care is theft to the right. Rhetoric used to cover hateful intent. The folks on the right, meanwhile, are enjoying their medicare with hardly a thought of who is paying for it, all while screaming Obamacare is murder! Morality play 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Providing health care is theft to the right. Rhetoric used to cover hateful intent. The folks on the right, meanwhile, are enjoying their medicare with hardly a thought of who is paying for it, all while screaming Obamacare is murder! Morality play 

Putting a gun to the head of an American citizen to take his money and use it however you deem fit is theft and tyranny, yes.

Obamacare isn’t murder. It’s Playing Robin Hood For Dummies.

Edited by BringBackOrton

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You know what they say about opinions.

"Oh but doctor, my mental health won't allow me to care for this baby!"

" Well, fair enough, Susie! Let me go get my forceps."

Yea that’s unreasonable.  It is a conspiracy-level distrust if doctors.  Your problem isn’t with the law, it’s thinking doctors won’t be ethical and comply with it.

43 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I can’t think of a single situation in which a fetus would have to be murdered before being delivered to protect a woman’s physical health. 

Neither can I (though I can make one up: what about a non-viable fetus that would endanger the mother’s health if carried to full term.  Wouldn’t this fall under the definition of permitting late-term abortions under either scenario)  Are you doctor?  If so, is that the consensus of the medical field?  

I  cant think of a reason why a lot of medical complications might occur...because I’m not a doctor.  Doesn’t mean they aren’t true.

Edited by Crayola64

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

Yea that’s unreasonable.  It is a conspiracy-level distrust if doctors  Healthcare workers.  Your problem isn’t with the law, it’s thinking doctors  healthcare workers won’t be ethical and comply with it.

FIFY

The bill allows non doctors to perform abortions, "healthcare workers" IE  Abortion clinic employees.

So do I trust a PP employee to be ethical, absolutely not.

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Yea that’s unreasonable.  It is a conspiracy-level distrust if doctors.  Your problem isn’t with the law, it’s thinking doctors won’t be ethical and comply with it.

No, it's not unreasonable.  It's un understanding of how laws are written, and interpreted; and an acknowledgement that medical professionals (not even doctors, with the advent of this new law) who work in abortion mills will choose to look for ways to expand the understanding of "health" in order to achieve their desired results.

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

FIFY

The bill allows non doctors to perform abortions, "healthcare workers" IE  Abortion clinic employees.

So do I trust a PP employee to be ethical, absolutely not.

Further, do you trust non-doctors to be able to make a determination about whether or not the "life or health" of the mother is threatened? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Putting a gun to the head of an American citizen to take his money and use it however you deem fit is theft and tyranny, yes.

Obamacare isn’t murder. It’s Playing Robin Hood For Dummies.

Nonsense. It's simply promoting the general welfare. You are pro-life but against healthcare. That is so hypocritical and fits into exactly the morality play I was describing. 

10 minutes ago, Gary M said:

obamacare was about insurance, not health care. You are still wrong.

That is a distinction without a difference. Insurance for what? Healthcare? Yes 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nonsense. It's simply promoting the general welfare. You are pro-life but against healthcare. That is so hypocritical and fits into exactly the morality play I was describing. 

That is a distinction without a difference. Insurance for what? Healthcare? Yes 

I’m for healthcare. I think healthcare is important. I’m for eating right and not living beyond your means. Unfortunately, those are the responsibilities of the individual. 

13 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Except when it's not.

I remember when acceptance of gay marriage was the rage thing among progressives. I was told it was unreasonable to be opposed to the government forcing that upon us, that there was no slippery slope.

Until there was. Fast forward a decade, now we have tranny bathrooms, cake makers being bankrupted by overzealous homophiles in government, drag kids dancing for dollars in gay bars. Don't tell me the slippery slope isn't real. It is. If you give an inch of propriety and normalcy away to progressives, they'll take a yard. There can be no compromise on certain issues, and this is one of them. It's my fervent hope the Supreme Court hears a case based on this law and strikes it down, smiting that jackwagon Cuomo in the process.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/andrew-cuomo-signs-bill-updating-new-yorks-abortion-law/

Disgusting.

Vile.

And those low life’s are on stage grinning about signing it into law.

14 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

We need to merge threads.

The people in NY and VT should be ashamed.

So - I take it you two have taken it upon yourselves to participate in adoption activities so unwanted pregnancies would be carried to term....perhaps you could tell us all about it....

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Neither can I (though I can make one up: what about a non-viable fetus that would endanger the mother’s health if carried to full term.  Wouldn’t this fall under the definition of permitting late-term abortions under either scenario)  Are you doctor?  If so, is that the consensus of the medical field?  

I  cant think of a reason why a lot of medical complications might occur...because I’m not a doctor.  Doesn’t mean they aren’t true.

Well there’s no consensus of the heath-care field on this bill I can find. ACOG posted a memorandum of support last year, but they only spoke on protecting abortion as medical care, not a peep on the new language or guidelines.

Most doctors are like most people. They read what they want to read and ignore the rest. 

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

So - I take it you two have taken it upon yourselves to participate in adoption activities so unwanted pregnancies would be carried to term....perhaps you could tell us all about it....

Always the clever retort. What's it like to be pro-murder, anyway?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I’m for healthcare. I think healthcare is important. I’m for eating right and not living beyond your means. Unfortunately, those are the responsibilities of the individual. 

I'm for the government doing all it can to ensure as many Americans as possible have access to affordable health care so they can live happy healthy lives. 

If taxes go up to further that goal, so be it. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Always the clever retort. What's it like to be pro-murder, anyway?

Isn't fighting against government sponsored health care murder by indirect means? 

3 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I need to sign up to adopt. ??

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I'm for the government doing all it can to ensure as many Americans as possible have access to affordable health care so they can live happy healthy lives. 

If taxes go up to further that goal, so be it. 

Isn't fighting against government sponsored health care murder by indirect means? 

Right, you endorse putting guns to heads of American citizens to rob them and enrich the coffers of the one of the most inefficient institutions in the world, in the name of “good.”

Difference of opinion, but again, mine is right.