New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Allowing abortions of a "VIABLE" baby up to birth is not all that was passed.

lifenewsfb4_bigger.jpgLifeNews.com‏ @LifeNewsHQ

FollowFollow @LifeNewsHQ

New York just approved a new law:

* allowing abortions UP TO BIRTH

* no protections for babies BORN ALIVE after botched abortions

* non-doctors can kill babies in abortions

* a baby is NOT CONSIDERED A HUMAN BEING under law until birth

* prohibits ANY pro-life laws

7:36 AM - 23 Jan 2019

i-love-heart-abortion_new.jpg

7e28f67d4f47aa0e5b97acfb898e2581aa3c35dc

Here's the thing: I am absolutely not taking at face value the word of a source called "LifeNews" about an abortion bill.  That's like taking Buzzfeed's word on Cohen, or CNN's word on Hillary Clinton.  

What does the source - the actual bill - really say?

• Like (+1) 1

The legislation provides a further exception to permit abortion at any point during pregnancy if a health-care practitioner deems it necessary for the mother’s life or health — the exception that was defined in Roe companion case Doe v. Bolton as “all factors — physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age — relevant to the wellbeing of the patient.” In other words, abortion will be available to women essentially on demand up to the point of birth.

The RHA will also decriminalize abortion, moving it from the state’s criminal code to the public-health code.

The Reproductive Health Act strips abortions from the penal code and adds the following language:

"The legislature finds that comprehensive reproductive health care is a fundamental component of every individual's health, privacy and equality.

"Therefore, it is the policy of the state that:

"Every individual has the fundamental right to choose or refuse contraception or sterilization. Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to have an abortion, pursuant to this article." 

Cuomo wants to go even further, saying earlier this month that abortion rights should be added to the state constitution.

The new law will allow a licensed "health-care practitioner" acting under their scope of practice to perform an abortion when:

"According to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

So the measure will make late-term abortions legal at the discretion of a health-care practitioner based on the viability of the fetus or if the woman's life or health is in jeopardy.

And the act will codify Roe v. Wade protections into state law if the case were to be overturned by the Supreme Court, which Cuomo cited as the main reason for needing the new state law.

"That's why we had to pass this law, to protect our state," Cuomo said at his bill signing. "And that's why I believe we have to go even a step further and do a constitutional amendment."

Prior state law only allowed physicians to perform abortions.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2019/01/22/abortion-laws-new-york-how-they-change-immediately/2643065002/

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

They couldn't leave "settled law" alone. This flies in the face of all decency and can only cause a terrible backlash for them.

Yep.  Those who want abortion rights overturned should be celebrating.  It’s this level of greed and overstepping that will generate the will required to eventually win in court.

My views on abortion have evolved over the years, but it's always struck me that most sane, reasonable people are pro-life at some point. The bigger question seemed to be "when does life really commence"?  I guess that's been answered now...life begins at first light. Disgusting, pathetic and sad on a crimes against humanity level. 

Ironically, too, it's a man who signs this bill into law. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

They felt the need to turn the wtc pink for this?? I need to move out of this state 

Question - so if a pregnant lady is murdered does that mean a guy can’t be charged with two counts of murder now? (Not that that’s an important part of this, just wondering if that not a live until born could have other implications)

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They felt the need to turn the wtc pink for this?? I need to move out of this state 

Question - so if a pregnant lady is murdered does that mean a guy can’t be charged with two counts of murder now? (Not that that’s an important part of this, just wondering if that not a live until born could have other implications)

I'm not sure, but I know our local State Senator, Cathy Young, tried to sponsor an add-on bill that would exempt the situation, where a domestic violence victim lost the baby.

but the democrats said no.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I'm not sure, but I know our local State Senator, Cathy Young, tried to sponsor an add-on bill that would exempt the situation, where a domestic violence victim lost the baby.

but the democrats said no.

Sounds like if they said no to that that the no would seem to extend to all cases then

You got a site that shows how the vote went? I will need to file that information away for next election

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Sounds like if they said no to that that the no would seem to extend to all cases then

You got a site that shows how the vote went? I will need to file that information away for next election

How would your vote be changed?

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The legislation provides a further exception to permit abortion at any point during pregnancy if a health-care practitioner deems it necessary for the mother’s life or health — the exception that was defined in Roe companion case Doe v. Bolton as “all factors — physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age — relevant to the wellbeing of the patient.” In other words, abortion will be available to women essentially on demand up to the point of birth.

The RHA will also decriminalize abortion, moving it from the state’s criminal code to the public-health code.

The Reproductive Health Act strips abortions from the penal code and adds the following language:

"The legislature finds that comprehensive reproductive health care is a fundamental component of every individual's health, privacy and equality.

"Therefore, it is the policy of the state that:

"Every individual has the fundamental right to choose or refuse contraception or sterilization. Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to have an abortion, pursuant to this article." 

Cuomo wants to go even further, saying earlier this month that abortion rights should be added to the state constitution.

The new law will allow a licensed "health-care practitioner" acting under their scope of practice to perform an abortion when:

"According to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

So the measure will make late-term abortions legal at the discretion of a health-care practitioner based on the viability of the fetus or if the woman's life or health is in jeopardy.

And the act will codify Roe v. Wade protections into state law if the case were to be overturned by the Supreme Court, which Cuomo cited as the main reason for needing the new state law.

"That's why we had to pass this law, to protect our state," Cuomo said at his bill signing. "And that's why I believe we have to go even a step further and do a constitutional amendment."

Prior state law only allowed physicians to perform abortions.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2019/01/22/abortion-laws-new-york-how-they-change-immediately/2643065002/

@Gugny. Try reading this. We can go back to class tomorrow, I'll let you know what time it'll begin. We can only hope you learn something from the better man (me).

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No matter what your view is on abortion, you shouldn't be cheering any pro abortion law like what was reported.

Glad you missed the gleeful shoutbox lowIQ crowd this evening.

25 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They felt the need to turn the wtc pink for this??

A nod to Planned Parenthood, who undoubtedly paid for the NY majority needed to pass the law to increase their customer base.

More money to PP = more money to the Dem campaign coffers. Think of all the fresh, young body parts they can sell.

Where are you PPP leftists? Share your joy with the rest of your party.