Don't be surprised if Josh Jacobs is the first round target for McBeane.

njbuff

I love Josh J as a prospect but I would literally lose my $#/t  if he was chosen #9 overall. 

Now if we trade down I can see it mid 2nd, but 9th overall? No way! I think they’ll get someone in the later rounds or FA and see what Shady can do with a revamped OL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

This thread should be merged with the one that talks about at which moment we knew the staff was just another failure. 

That’s all this pick would do. I think they will build the trenches and add a few skill players when the board makes sense for it.

It would be like us drafting CJ Spiller at #9

Just now, Bills2ref said:

At this point, for this team, I’m not even sure I would take Saquon Barkley at 9. No offensive line yet. He better be a very very good pass catching back. Still, would much rather sign Leveon Bell to a huge contract than draft a RB I’m tbe 1st. 

I would take Barkley with our pick in a heartbeat. He is a special talent. There's no RB like him in this draft. 

I don't follow college ball so know nothing about him.  I don't think they'll go RB and don't want them to (I want OL and WR, in that order depending on what they do in FA) but if they do go RB I hope he's good out of the backfield. It'd be good to give Allen another safety valve to go along with a new TE. Imagine what it might do to shut up all the crap about completion percentage we have to listen to every day!

Drafting a RB @ 9 would be reckless and stupid.  Drafting a wr like Brown or Harry would come with risk. The wisest move would be taking the best OL/DL player. As others have said the trenches need to be upgraded. Maybe a dynamic wr falls to 2nd round? No more Watkins type picks again.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I too think it’s a possibility (and people will lose their minds). The scouting community LOVES Jacobs. The Bills are clearly drafting BPA (whenever they pick). It is absolutely possible. I still think it’s a defensive player but they certainly aren’t crossing anyone off at this point.

That makes it almost worth it!!!   ?

And I agree, don’t eliminate anyone due to position, other than maybe QB at this point. Find your stud. 

• Like (+1) 2

Are we really talking about drafting a guy who was only the third leading rusher on his college team (and worse YPC than the other 2 as well) in the first round?  Really?  Seriously?  I don't care how good he supposedly is, if he was that good he would have led his team in rushing or at worst be a close second.  I mean, this is no Thurman and Barry situation.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

With Daboll as OC and with him knowing Jacobs and the all around talent that Jacobs is....................

this might very well be the target of this organization come the first round of April's draft.

I only mention this because of how upset people will be around here if the Bills make RB a first round priority.

We shall see, as we still have the whole draft process to go thru.

With Kareem Hunt available for free, this would be absolutely unforgivable.