Don't be surprised if Josh Jacobs is the first round target for McBeane.

njbuff

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, njbuff said:

With Daboll as OC and with him knowing Jacobs and the all around talent that Jacobs is....................

this might very well be the target of this organization come the first round of April's draft.

I only mention this because of how upset people will be around here if the Bills make RB a first round priority.

We shall see, as we still have the whole draft process to go thru.

I wouldn't be shocked for this to be a year of no Running backs picked in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s not 1st round speed 

He didn’t run in Indy

lol...looks like he did not run for a reason and looks like he is running nowhere fast. Pass. NFL needs speed.

If Bills want a slow RB, trade for Howard from Bears. They have seen enough of his non-breakaway speed.

Edited by cba fan

On 1/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, njbuff said:

With Daboll as OC and with him knowing Jacobs and the all around talent that Jacobs is....................

this might very well be the target of this organization come the first round of April's draft.

I only mention this because of how upset people will be around here if the Bills make RB a first round priority.

We shall see, as we still have the whole draft process to go thru.

Draft a running back ? Add a RB to the roster under 30??

Surprised? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, Augie said:

This cannot appear often enough. 

Why? Are we here to will it into happening by interjecting it into every draft discussion. Do you think if everyone here repeats it, the Bills will follow your command?

On 1/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, Foxx said:

trenches, build the trenches.

The poster merely suggested that he thinks the Bills might select a RB. He didn't say "I want them to select an RB".

Why do people respond to the idea with a shout down of what they want, or think should happen, instead?

He didn't say "I hope they don't draft a lineman".

If they select an RB I'll be fine with it, because I trust that they know what they are doing. But I expect a D-lineman.

Edited by OJ Tom

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

this will not happen. You build the trenches first

Then why do so many teams select WR, CB, QB, etc at the top of the draft? Ohhhh, I see, you just want to interject that YOU feel they should "start with the trenches". You were compelled to throw that in wherever a person might post about a skill player being selected first.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Then why do so many teams select WR, CB, QB, etc at the top of the draft? Ohhhh, I see, you just want to interject that YOU feel they should "start with the trenches". You were compelled to throw that in wherever a person might post about a skill player being selected first.

Thanks!

Someone needs a hug. You ok buddy? Josh Jacobs is not a top 10 player in this draft, he is not coming out with Saquon Barkley-level hype. We're not drafting a RB in the 1st when there are very good DL and OL on the board. The only 2 players who could possibly be drafted at 9 who are not linemen are DK Metcalf and perhaps Hockenson, but I'm doubtful they would spend the 9th pick on Hock when they could pick up Irv Smith at 40.

21 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Someone needs a hug. You ok buddy? Josh Jacobs is not a top 10 player in this draft, he is not coming out with Saquon Barkley-level hype. We're not drafting a RB in the 1st when there are very good DL and OL on the board. The only 2 players who could possibly be drafted at 9 who are not linemen are DK Metcalf and perhaps Hockenson, but I'm doubtful they would spend the 9th pick on Hock when they could pick up Irv Smith at 40.

I wouldn't draft Jacobs.

Point is, just interjecting "you build the trenches, dude" into any discussion about the first round is tiresome, and pointless. Your follow up response to me is cool, and is an appropriate response to the OP.

Or even a simple "Josh Jacobs blows" would suffice, at least it deals with the player in question.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m watching irv smith pro day right now. He’s short for a TE but can move. Looks like a great athlete. Use him as a Hybrid 

I always liked him as an option at TE and we wouldnt have to reach in the first for him.

1 hour ago, OJ Tom said:

I wouldn't draft Jacobs.

Point is, just interjecting "you build the trenches, dude" into any discussion about the first round is tiresome, and pointless. Your follow up response to me is cool, and is an appropriate response to the OP.

Or even a simple "Josh Jacobs blows" would suffice, at least it deals with the player in question.

here ya go man.

64351_431686270251777_486466565_n.png?_n

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

4.6 at your pro day. Yikes. He might be there at 40

Like kareem hunt running a 4.62.  Leveon Bell 4.60.  Kamara 4.56. How about emmitt?  4.7.   Took me about 1 minute to find those names after a search.   I’d be willing to bet that there are more than a few HoF RBs that didn’t run a sub 4.6 40.  

Is he worth the 9th pick?   Probably not.  Is he a potentially great RB?  Absolutely 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Why? Are we here to will it into happening by interjecting it into every draft discussion. Do you think if everyone here repeats it, the Bills will follow your command?

The poster merely suggested that he thinks the Bills might select a RB. He didn't say "I want them to select an RB".

Why do people respond to the idea with a shout down of what they want, or think should happen, instead?

He didn't say "I hope they don't draft a lineman".

If they select an RB I'll be fine with it, because I trust that they know what they are doing. But I expect a D-lineman.

That’s a silly reaction. I was just agreeing with someone who was leaning towards building the line (back in January, pre-FA) on both sides. If you win the line of scrimmage, you are far more likely to win the game. The comment was regarding emphasis, and not to be taken literally, because I don’t hear little voices in my head and I’m pretty sure the Bills are more qualified to pick the right player than me.....or you. I think most people easily understood that. 

We are talking about the use of a first round pick, and I think it’s far more likely that they go to the strength of this draft, which is largely concentrated in the DLine. At #9 I’d guess that would be where we might go. I’m not ruling out ANY position, just agreeing with someone that the lines are critical. You disagree? I do think we will take a RB in this draft, and I feel somewhat better after FA and addressing the O-line to some degree. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Art in RTP said:

I wouldn't be shocked for this to be a year of no Running backs picked in the first round.

The one that I liked doesnt catch it out of the backfield.

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s a silly reaction. I was just agreeing with someone who was leaning towards building the line (back in January, pre-FA) on both sides. If you win the line of scrimmage, you are far more likely to win the game. The comment was regarding emphasis, and not to be taken literally, because I don’t hear little voices in my head and I’m pretty sure the Bills are more qualified to pick the right player than me.....or you. I think most people easily understood that. 

We are talking about the use of a first round pick, and I think it’s far more likely that they go to the strength of this draft, which is largely concentrated in the DLine. At #9 I’d guess that would be where we might go. I’m not ruling out ANY position, just agreeing with someone that the lines are critical. You disagree? I do think we will take a RB in this draft, and I feel somewhat better after FA and addressing the O-line to some degree. 

This FO doesnt reach and I dont see a RB worthy of 9th overall.  There are some DL worthy of 1st overall that may be available.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

To shoot down talk of someone at 9 and then offer Metcalf as a possibility discredits any of your sentiment. 

We won’t draft the physically dominant running back with terrific game speed that just happened to have a below average 40 time, but we’ll select the injury ridden receiver who can’t cut and has inconsistent hands at 9? 

Personally I don’t think we would select either of them at 9, but to ridicule Jacobs and list Metcalf as a possibility is just a silly notion. 

I’m not saying he’s worthy of the 9th overall pick but Jacobs would be the much safer option, Metcalf in the top 10 has potential to be a bust big enough to kill this regime. 

He’s had prior foot injuries and neck injuries, these aren’t the injuries that just disappear like broken bones. These are reoccurring and lingering injuries that don’t really go away, you don’t spend a top 10 pick on that.  Not too mention selecting a receiver who’s known to have inconsistent hands and troubles with cutting in the top 10. 

So any time a person wants to talk about any player that isn't a linemen, someone will HAVE to pop in with "You win in the trenches".

No comment on the player suggested, just a dismissal. 

Can't discuss say, a Wide Receiver, without having the obligatory "Trenches!" thrown into the middle of the thread, because fans must be beaten down if they think the team MIGHT be thinking about a skill position player. 

We NEED constant reinforcement that "You win in the trenches! Don't even discuss other positions!".

Edited by OJ Tom

10 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

So any time a person wants to talk about any player that isn't a linemen, someone will HAVE to pop in with "You win in the trenches".

No comment on the player suggested, just a dismissal. 

Can't discuss say, a Wide Receiver, without having the obligatory "Trenches!" thrown into the middle of the thread, because fans must be beaten down if they think the team MIGHT be thinking about a skill position player. 

We NEED constant reinforcement that "You win in the trenches! Don't even discuss other positions!".

so, you are really going to die on this hill?