Young Bills getting some love from ESPN...

Stank_Nasty

Crazy thing is , you can easily throw Taron Johnson on that list too! Kid is a stud and was playing with a bum shoulder since week 4 I believe. Still , he was great in coverage and great against the run. Absolute steal in the 4th round . 

Anytime you have a draft where you got 3 steals that are legit starters going forward, plus your franchise QB and Franchise QB of the defense , that is a culture changing draft and sets your franchise up for long term success

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Crazy thing is , you can easily throw Taron Johnson on that list too! Kid is a stud and was playing with a bum shoulder since week 4 I believe. Still , he was great in coverage and great against the run. Absolute steal in the 4th round . 

Anytime you have a draft where you got 3 steals that are legit starters going forward, plus your franchise QB and Franchise QB of the defense , that is a culture changing draft and sets your franchise up for long term success

I really hope that, years from now, people look back on last year's draft as a defining (and positive) turning point in the Buffalo Bill's history.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Who'd they cut to get to $100M?

The foundation on offense is extremely suspect: aged at RB, 3-4 new starters needed on OL, WR is an unknown or thin at best, and almost nothing long term at TE. 

Excuse me, I rounded up, they have $83 million with no cuts and get another $8M(cutting clay 4m, bodine 2M, Vlad ducasse 2M)..

I didn't say the whole house is built, I said we have foundation to build on. The 7 players that I mentioned (QB, LT, CB, CB , FS, SS, MLB)I can easily see being here for 3-7 years on very reasonable deals, 1/3rd of starters set for that period of time is a foundation IMO, Obviously we have holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball.. I think they use the 83(91) million to shore up the O-line, maybe one of those elite pass rushers available to finish the house. Then draft TE or WR high to give josh the opportunity to open the Super bowl window.

FA wish list 

Rodger Saffold- G

Daryl williams- RT

any elite pass rusher to pair with jerry

Draft wish list

T.J hockenson- TE

D.K Metcalf- WR

Hollywood brown-WR

Edited by buffalover4life
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Foster would be a #4 flanker on most teams.

I respectfully disagree with this. once he got called back into action he was on about a 1,200 yd pace to close out the last 7 games. I think he very well could end up as a very nice #2 option going into 2019 season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...accolades deserved IMO.....think about the 2018 draft picks and UDFA signings......I think most if not all will be on the 2019 roster.....not too bad for McBeane and his "Gang of 17" staff......a 2019 repeat with some key FA signings and a loaded cookie jar could set this club up as a long term competitor..........stay tuned....

4 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

Excuse me, I rounded up, they have $83 million with no cuts and get another $8M(cutting clay 4m, bodine 2M, Vlad ducasse 2M)..

I didn't say the whole house is built, I said we have foundation to build on. The 7 players that I mentioned (QB, LT, CB, CB , FS, SS, MLB)I can easily see being here for 3-7 years on very reasonable deals, 1/3rd of starters set for that period of time is a foundation IMO, Obviously we have holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball.. I think they use the 83(91) million to shore up the O-line, maybe one of those elite pass rushers available to finish the house. Then draft TE or WR high to give josh the opportunity to open the Super bowl window.

FA wish list 

Rodger Saffold- G

Daryl williams- RT

any elite pass rusher to pair with jerry

Draft wish list

T.J hockenson- TE

D.K Metcalf- WR

Hollywood brown-WR

17M rounding error?  Don't you think that's substantial here? I do. :lol: 

Every year TBD goes through the same process. Talking about how close the team was and a player here or there will get them across the finish line.  For a time this season they were one of the worst offenses since passing rules were changed in 1978.  

I'm hopeful and optimistic about Allen, but he's got almost nothing around him in terms of a proven NFL type at the peak of their career.  Dawkins took a step back and beyond that, what is there? Everyone loves to point to Foster, but he played well for about a third of a season.  They'll sign some free agents, but going from 6 to 10 wins is a big leap. Not impossible, but significant.

And there's no way on God's green earth that they use the whole cap space this off-season. Not happening.  They need to plan for the 2020 off-season and re-sign their guys from the 2017 draft class. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It was so nice of them to preface Allen's section with "Hey we had to put all the Rookie QBs on here."

Yeah, I'm kind of confused by how down on him the media seems to be. They're down on Allen in the same way they were in love with Tyrod. I guess it just confirms the belief that they don't watch the games and just stick to highlights and box scores. 

23 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Every year TBD goes through the same process. Talking about how close the team was and a player here or there will get them across the finish line.  For a time this season they were one of the worst offenses since passing rules were changed in 1978.  

I'm hopeful and optimistic about Allen, but he's got almost nothing around him in terms of a proven NFL type at the peak of their career.  Dawkins took a step back and beyond that, what is there? Everyone loves to point to Foster, but he played well for about a third of a season.  They'll sign some free agents, but going from 6 to 10 wins is a big leap. Not impossible, but significant.

And there's no way on God's green earth that they use the whole cap space this off-season. Not happening.  They need to plan for the 2020 off-season and re-sign their guys from the 2017 draft class. 

83-91 million is plenty of room to splurge on a couple big free agents

These players cost no where near the 83 million in cap space. Rodger saffold will cost 14-16 million, Daryl williams around 14-15 million and the elite pass rusher 22-24 million. leaving. Thats about $53 million of the $83 million in cap. Leaving $30 million for rookies and other veteran signings.

you look at the blueprint other teams have laid out, most recently the rams, formerly the eagles and Seattle. They are drafting their rookie QB and then spending on everything and every way around that rookie because that 4-5 years that you have them on their rookie deals you have a financial competitive advantage over everyone who has paid their guy.

24 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

83-91 million is plenty of room to splurge on a couple big free agents

These players cost no where near the 83 million in cap space. Rodger saffold will cost 14-16 million, Daryl williams around 14-15 million and the elite pass rusher 22-24 million. leaving. Thats about $53 million of the $83 million in cap. Leaving $30 million for rookies and other veteran signings.

you look at the blueprint other teams have laid out, most recently the rams, formerly the eagles and Seattle. They are drafting their rookie QB and then spending on everything and every way around that rookie because that 4-5 years that you have them on their rookie deals you have a financial competitive advantage over everyone who has paid their guy.

The Rams were a historically bad offense Goff's rookie year and the years proceeding. In the 2017 off-season they spent big adding Witworth and Sullivan on the offensive line and added Woods and Sammy to their receiving core. In the draft despite not having a 1st round pick they added Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp to the receiving core. The Rams went from one of the leagues worst to leagues best offenses with little more than Goff, Gurley, and Saffold in place. 

The essentially remade their WR core and heavily upgraded their O-line in a single swoop. That being said big flashy moves are not always the stuff of legends. The Rams contracts to Woods and Sullivan were rather modest, Witworth was their only truly huge signing. Although they did dip into future draft selections to trade for Sammy. 

21 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I respectfully disagree with this. once he got called back into action he was on about a 1,200 yd pace to close out the last 7 games. I think he very well could end up as a very nice #2 option going into 2019 season.

Ya absolutely , he was the best deep threat in many categories , and I love that he did it the last 6 games as  opposed to the early season,  so there's no excuses that teams were still getting comfortable on defense. 

I think the opposite is true about him being a 4th WR on most teams, I think he'd be in the running for top 2 WR on the majority of teams , he has serious superstar potential , just tremendous upside considering his college career. From week 10-17 he's up there with D Jax ,who has Mike Evans and Tyreek Hill who has the best TE in the game , these guys had  superstar WR that defenses have to prepare for.  Foster had Zay Jones , which makes his performance even more special. 

At the very least he looks like he's going to be a legit deep threat that teams have to respect, with hopes he turns into a complete WR

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:38 AM, foreboding said:

Why? Because he was an udfa? His numbers near the end of the season suggests he is a legit wr. 

Too many drops for my liking and he's a sloppy route runner.He had some numbers because he was given mega playing time as the year went on ...that was due to us having a skeleton crew of flankers.

That won't be the case next summer at SJF.